Found Deceased MI - Patrick 'Kegan' Cochrane, MSU student, Lansing, 9 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My heart is breaking for his family and friends. I am surprised he was found so quickly after reading some of his writings, but glad so his family can have some closure.

RIP Kegan. :(

I wonder if that's what he did, jumped in front of a train. Maybe he tried the other methods first. He was missing 4 days and it seems his body was in an open area so I wonder if he waited a couple of days or if he's been there since Saturday. So many questions...
It's been pretty chilly here at night, especially last weekend. I wonder if he possibly died from hypothermia. He may have taken something to sedate himself and just went to sleep.

So sad :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

:rose: RIP Kegan :rose:

I'm sorry to his family and his friends. I did see one of his videos on his YouTube channel titled "Confessions" - at 1:55 in the video he states that a number of people over the years have asked him if he is autistic, has Asperger's or is on the spectrum. He then states "that would suck" and it looks like it pained him very much to consider that.

I believe that while he was able to survive in an educational setting by being sort of isolated and indulging in his special interests, as school was ending he realized he was going to have to finish that and be out in the world, where he would be expected to work and interact with people on a level he couldn't deal with. I also think he was afraid he would fail at this and decided on doing this.

very expected but still sad for family and friends. especially those not so nice notes. but im in agreement I definitely think he had something else going on. feel bad for family.
R.I.P. KEEGAN:rose:

In honor of Keegan's last wishes, I have passed on the link to Keegan's website and a preface to a leading suicidologist in Europe, Marco Sarchiapone, who has written quite a bit on the subject. Hopefully something can be gleaned from his writings to help others, as he wished.

My apologies. I missed the FB post.

RIP Kegan!

In the end This man, mentally ill or not opened up his mind for others to learn from. I will be respectful that this was his wish and was his right to do, I just wish he hadn't made his goodbye letters to family public. I'm sure when he reaches the cosmos and looks back to reflect he may regret the hurt those letters caused. Anyway RIP Kegan, you chose death over your seemingly insurmountable hurdles I truly hope you are at peace young man. Prayers to the family.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to his family and his friends. I did see one of his videos on his YouTube channel titled "Confessions" - at 1:55 in the video he states that a number of people over the years have asked him if he is autistic, has Asperger's or is on the spectrum. He then states "that would suck" and it looks like it pained him very much to consider that.

I believe that while he was able to survive in an educational setting by being sort of isolated and indulging in his special interests, as school was ending he realized he was going to have to finish that and be out in the world, where he would be expected to work and interact with people on a level he couldn't deal with. I also think he was afraid he would fail at this and decided on doing this.

Yes it made me so sad when he was questioning his role in his friendships and if he was the guy they tolerated rather than enjoyed. That really hit me. Something we all wonder and deal with but I know for him it felt so much more. He was so smart and so aware of what made him "different" etc. I can't imagine what his brain was like, he probably could not turn it off. While I can't understand his actions I respect them and I hope he is at peace now. RIP Kegan.

go in peace, kegan

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

I am glad his family will have some closure. I can't imagine their pain. Maybe in the end Kegan felt it was the best thing to be found.

Rest in peace

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

May he find the peace in death that was denied him in life. RIP Kegan.

Wow I've been away a couple of days and came back to find this news. I truly believed he would never be found. I pray his soul has found the peace it could not find on this earth.

Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sad that it ended this way. I know parts of the letters seemed mean but I really think he believed he was handling this in the best possible way. He obviously suffered from mental illnesses so his perception is very different from most of us. The criticisms in the letters were probably intended to help his loved ones better themselves (in his mind) & he said they were made public so his family/friends would always be able to read it when they felt sad if they lost it & also for sucidologists to study from & help others. His book is like a look into his head...thoughts between intelligence & sadness. It's like there was a constant battle going on in his mind between his brilliance & the mental illnesses & unfortunately the mental illnesses won. I hope he has finally found peace.

I hope Kegans family find peace.

I'm sorry Kegan felt this was his only option. Rest peacefully young man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back