GUILTY MI - Rochester High School teacher accused of having sex with students

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Rochester High School teacher accused of having sex with teen students arraigned

ROCHESTER, Mich.
- A Rochester High School teacher who was fired and is facing criminal charges for allegedly having sex with teen boys who are students at the school was arraigned on charges Friday morning.

Kathryn Houghtaling has been charged with six counts of criminal sexual conduct in the second-degree. She is accused of having sexual relations with two boys, 16 and 17. Authorities said nothing happened at the school...

Fired Rochester High School teacher charged with criminal sexual conduct

Rochester Hills — A Rochester High School teacher fired this week for alleged inappropriate activity with students is facing third-degree criminal sexual conduct charges, authorities confirmed.

The former staffer, whom the Rochester Community Schools identified as Kathryn Houghtaling, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in 52-3 District Court on six counts, Oakland County Undersheriff Michael McCabe said...

Rochester High School teacher fired for ‘inappropriate conduct’ with students, investigation underway

A Rochester High School teacher has lost her job and is under police investigation for allegations described as “inappropriate conduct” with students.

According to Rochester Community School District Superintendent Robert Shaner, the alleged incidents happened during after-school hours. The teacher, who officials aren’t naming, was fired immediately after a district investigation was completed...

Rochester High School teacher terminated prior to arraignment

Rochester Community Schools terminated Kathryn Houghtaling, a Rochester High School teacher upon being notified by the Oakland County Sheriff's Office of her impending arraignment, set for the morning of Friday, Jan. 11, the district announced.

Houghtaling, of Sterling Heights, is charged with criminal sexual conduct related to an alleged incident involving sexual relationships with students. The district said the activities took place after school hours...

Ex-Rochester High teacher arraigned on sex charges

...An Oakland County sheriff’s deputy told Asadoorian that alcohol or drugs were involved in the incidents, one which took place at a student’s home and the other in a vehicle.

“The charges are serious and each carries up to 15 years in prison,” Asadoorian said. “Conviction on any will likely result in prison.”

Asadoorian told Houghtaling because of the seriousness of the charges, she was setting a $200,000 cash bond. Asadoorian also scheduled a Jan. 24 probable cause conference and a Jan. 30 preliminary exam...

It's the brushed-aside epidemic of our time.. I heard alot, especially when its a female teacher isn't "as" bad, but still as a parent, its not what im sending my school for and im trusting them my kid. Once they are 18, out of my house, and no longer under their supervision.. it would be a different scenario.. depending..

Ex-Rochester teacher charged with sex with students posts bond

...The Oakland County Sheriff's Office said Friday that a parent of a student came across a video of a teacher “partying” with students involving alcohol and marijuana and reported it to authorities. When confronted, the teacher admitted having sex with two students, 16 and 17 years old, the sheriff's office said...

Last edited:
Rochester teacher accused of sex with students gave one Xanax, prosecutors say

Kathryn Houghtaling waives prelim, bond increased

ROCHESTER, Mich. - A teacher charged with having sex with two of her high school students is now accused of giving at least one of those students Xanax.

Kathryn Houghtaling, 26, was charged earlier this month with six counts of criminal sexual conduct in the second-degree. She is accused of having sexual relations with two boys, 16 and 17, multiple times at multiple locations. However, authorities said nothing happened at the school...

Kathryn Houghtaling, teacher accused of having sex with students, also charged with giving Xanax to alleged teen victim

The case against a teacher charged with having sex with two Rochester High School students has advanced to Oakland County Circuit Court — with a drug charge added and an increase in bond.

Kathryn Houghtaling, charged with six counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct involving two teenage male students, now faces an additional charge of providing Xanax to one of the boys she allegedly had sex with in December. Prosecutors say one of Houghtaling’s alleged victims, age 17, said the she gave him Xanax on Dec. 14 at Rochester High, which later landed him in an emergency room because of a bad reaction. Medical records support the claim, according to the prosecution...

Ex-Rochester teacher charged with sex with students posts bond

...The Oakland County Sheriff's Office said Friday that a parent of a student came across a video of a teacher “partying” with students involving alcohol and marijuana and reported it to authorities. When confronted, the teacher admitted having sex with two students, 16 and 17 years old, the sheriff's office said...
If she stated she admitted, why is she pleading not guilty? Also I wonder how much more time would be served on the additional Xanax charge. Man, to go from starting your Career and your married life.. to possibly 15+ years for taking advantage of someone's kids..

It's the brushed-aside epidemic of our time.. I heard alot, especially when its a female teacher isn't "as" bad, but still as a parent, its not what im sending my school for and im trusting them my kid. Once they are 18, out of my house, and no longer under their supervision.. it would be a different scenario.. depending..

Agree, though I'm cheered by the relative lack of saucy headlines and refrains of "Wish I was back in Grade X LOL" catcalls. As someone who has had to deal with this, it can be a deeply confusing and unsettling experience, and even a personally dangerous one, given the power and age imbalances associated with it, let alone the local gossip and social media notoriety.

We seem to see versions of this case over and over, without serious investigation or consequences. Maybe this is changing.

Agree, though I'm cheered by the relative lack of saucy headlines and refrains of "Wish I was back in Grade X LOL" catcalls. As someone who has had to deal with this, it can be a deeply confusing and unsettling experience, and even a personally dangerous one, given the power and age imbalances associated with it, let alone the local gossip and social media notoriety.

We seem to see versions of this case over and over, without serious investigation or consequences. Maybe this is changing.
I see probation. But great points.. I get it, depending on what "point of view" you have, teen with hormones, Teacher wanting to be the popular girl she never got to be, Parent trying to get the most out of their kid, Onlooke from a barstool wishing that was him or her in highschool, or someone that sees it black and white because how can you draw another line, or double standard, when a standard and law is set.

Ex-Rochester High School Teacher Gets 4-15 Years In Prison For Sex With Students

ROCHESTER HILLS (WWJ) - A former special needs teacher could spend more than a decade behind bars after she preyed on students Rochester High School.

Oakland County Circuit Court records show Kathryn Houghtaling was sentenced Tuesday to 4 years 3 months to 15 years in prison for six counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, plus 51 months to 8 years in prison for delivery of a controlled substance to a minor...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChewieXM
Back