MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm indeed.

It's very hard to accept that a former police officer wouldn't recognize the need to report it to LE immediately, KWIM? Sounds like the owner wasn't there at the time of the sighting.

I can understand this to a certain extent. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine the thoughts going through your head. What if it isn't them and you have just put another family "on the radar" of authorities. Although we all like to believe in law enforcement, we also know that confrontations with them are not always positive experiences. As former law enforcement this person would know that. Also you can be charged for filing false reports, so perhaps this person feared some type of retaliation if it wasn't them. I don't really know, just throwing some ideas out there. I do want to believe these boys were sighted alive.

Maybe IF there was a woman and 3 young boys in the donut shop then, she WILL come forward and say , no, that was me & my boys, and lay hopeful minds to rest. I hope the news station will ask that she will. Surely someone knows this lady & the boys, if it is not the Skelton boys.

It IS a tip, and they have been asking for those. And I can understand someone being hesitant to say anything for fear of not being believed to start with.

AS far as the boys possibly being in that area ( God willing) It seems the emphasis for searching was a lot closer to home that Saturday. Possibly going in a donut shop of all places would not be a place I would think of.

I don't watch television, so I would have never known about these boys except for having been on WS reading about Zahra....so I don't find it impossible for others to not know if the situation.

Oh Lord, I want these dear boys to be alive.

I re-read the paragraph about the owner, and apparently the owner WAS there at the time.

Still think more should have been done at the time. That tip is 8 (almost 9) days old now.

Too bad someone wasn't there who could have called LE from the office, and stalled them by offering free hot chocolate and coffee so they would sit down. :(

Once LE was there, they could have seen if the older boys "answered" to their names (in addition to questioning and ID'ing the woman).

I re-read the paragraph about the owner, and apparently the owner WAS there at the time.

Still think more should have been done at the time. That tip is 8 (almost 9) days old now.

Too bad someone wasn't there who could have called LE from the office, and stalled them by offering free hot chocolate and coffee so they would sit down. :(

Once LE was there, they could have seen if the older boys "answered" to their names (in addition to questioning and ID'ing the woman).

As I read & understood, this happened on Sat and the employee did not become aware of the missing boys until Mon, and then spoke with her boss...and then they decided to call it in just in case.

As I read & understood, this happened on Sat and the employee did not become aware of the missing boys until Mon, and then spoke with her boss...and then they decided to call it in just in case.
The article said "3 days after Thanksgiving" so I figured it was a week ago Sunday/yesterday.

Also, if you read the quote, the owner agreed that the boys looked like "them", so the owner had to have been there (it was mentioned the shop does not have video cameras). Unless a photo was taken, but that wasn't mentioned.

That's how I interpreted it...could be wrong, though.

It certainly merits following up on, but I have seen far too many cases where someone was "sure" they saw the MP and then the MP turns up deceased and it was not possible for them to have been in that location. Holding out hope but not getting my hopes up.

If you watch the vid, it mentions the employee was not following the case at the time she saw what she thinks might be the boys.

Seeing them in the news jogged her memory and she heard the youngest called Tanner. The older boys were hesitant.
(I mean seriously I have never seen hesitant boys and donuts)

The boys and dark-haired woman were there 11/28/10

If you watch the vid, it mentions the employee was not following the case at the time she saw what she thinks might be the boys.

Seeing them in the news jogged her memory and she heard the youngest called Tanner. The older boys were hesitant.
(I mean seriously I have never seen hesitant boys and donuts)

The boys and dark-haired woman were there 11/28/10

Agreed, no hesitant boys to picking out donuts in my family .. none ..zilch.

Maybe IF there was a woman and 3 young boys in the donut shop then, she WILL come forward and say , no, that was me & my boys, and lay hopeful minds to rest. I hope the news station will ask that she will. Surely someone knows this lady & the boys, if it is not the Skelton boys.

It IS a tip, and they have been asking for those. And I can understand someone being hesitant to say anything for fear of not being believed to start with.

AS far as the boys possibly being in that area ( God willing) It seems the emphasis for searching was a lot closer to home that Saturday. Possibly going in a donut shop of all places would not be a place I would think of.

I don't watch television, so I would have never known about these boys except for having been on WS reading about Zahra....so I don't find it impossible for others to not know if the situation.

Oh Lord, I want these dear boys to be alive.

I'm with you and hope that the woman who was in the donut shop with 3 boys sees this interview and comes forward. There were several, believed to be, sightings of Jaliek Rainwalker and LE followed up only to find the same boy had been spotted a couple of times by different people. Sadly the boy wasn't Jaliek and thankfully his family was understanding enough when people inquired. So if that woman is out there she could help LE rule out one possibility.

Well, for what it is worth, I just emailed the television station regarding the story on the possible sighting at the donut shop.And asked them to put out a plea for the woman with the 3 boys to come forward if these are not the Skelton boys...so this can either be laid to rest, or investigated further. Maybe someone knows who this was???

A few of my thoughts on the possible sighting:

-HOPE, HOPE, HOPE (I haven't had that until today in this case)

-What is the population of the town they were spotted in?

-How many Tanner's could there be in the surrounding area? If they put out a plea in the local media, I am sure the lady will come forward.

-What if it really was the boys? 3 Boys, recently died hair on the female, Tanner being the most rambunctious of the 3, the 2 boys being hesitant.......

-There may not be video at the Donut Shop, but I am sure there is video elsewhere in the town, if they canvassed.

-Why though, hasn't LE gone to interview her? They have more important tips and things to do, I guess. That tells me they don't believe the boys are with us any longer. :(

Wondergirl, that is what I am afraid of, that LE knows more.And isn't taking this possible sighting seriously.
If only MSM could get this woman with the 3 boys to come forward & let people know they aren't the Skelton boys...
until then , who knows.

I have read so much about what JS has said, who knows what is true?

The pop. of my town in iowa is 39,000 and some in 2009. There is 5 elementary schools, 2 jr highs and 1 high school. At my middle children's elementary alone.. I can count 3 tanners in Kindy, 2 in first grade, and 2 in 2nd. At the school my oldest child attends there is 2 in 4th grade.
There is 1 in a preschool of 16 kids.
It's a pretty popular name around here......

The pop. of my town in iowa is 39,000 and some in 2009. There is 5 elementary schools, 2 jr highs and 1 high school. At my middle children's elementary alone.. I can count 3 tanners in Kindy, 2 in first grade, and 2 in 2nd. At the school my oldest child attends there is 2 in 4th grade.
There is 1 in a preschool of 16 kids.
It's a pretty popular name around here......

Yeah, okay, Peeples, thanks for that.

But how many boys named Tanner, with 2 brothers, or 2 boys that he was with, kwim? That should narrow it down a little.

I don't think the woman is making it up, and if the local media publishes it, I am sure the woman will come forward.

Maybe LE doesn't want the woman to come forward, because they are working on finding her???

I'm not disagreeing with you, just trying to help give you a few stats as to how common the name is, that was all. Sorry

Sandusky is a pretty big town. They have an amusement part (Cedar Point) that is closed this time of year, but they also have a Great Wolf lodge and Kalahari, which are both big indoor waterparks. They get a lot of touristy type people in that town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper