GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/stewart-1393431-update-doug.html

Update on letter from Doug Stewart

NEWSCHANNEL 3) – There is new information about a letter convicted killer Doug Stewart sent to West Michigan media outlets.

There were questions whether or not Stewart wrote the letter.

Wednesday a detective confirmed Stewart did in fact write it. The detective spoke to Stewart in prison.

In the letter Stewart claims he did not kill his wife Venus. Instead he blames star witness Ricky Spencer.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/dateline_nbc_show_on_venus_ste_1.html

'Dateline NBC' show on Venus Stewart case features interview with Doug Stewart (with video)

NEW YORK — Four days after they met, Doug and Venus Stewart were married, Doug Stewart seeing in his wife someone who was “smart,” “articulate” and “beautiful.”

That's what Stewart tells “Dateline NBC” correspondent Dennis Murphy in an exclusive interview granted by Stewart that is part of a 90-minute show set to air Friday night about the Venus Stewart case.

***much more at link including a video snip from the show.

BUMP

This show will air tonight! I've got my DVR set. But wanted to remind those who are interested.

I will most likely bump again this afternoon.

Praying for Venus.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/dateline_nbc_to_air_story_abou.html

'Dateline NBC' to air story about Venus Stewart murder case

The television program "Dateline NBC" plans to air its story about the Venus Stewart case on Friday, according to a producer with the show.

The program is scheduled to run from 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., immediately after a 90-minute finale of the show "Friday Night Lights."

A crew from the program covered the trial earlier this year that ended in the conviction of Stewart's husband, Doug Stewart, for first-degree murder.

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/news/x1722643139/NBC-to-air-special-on-Stewart-trial

NBC to air special on Stewart trial

Sturgis, Mich. — A “Dateline NBC” special focusing on the Douglas Stewart murder trial is scheduled to air from 9:30-11 p.m. July 15.

The TV special is to include an exclusive interview with Stewart.
Show executives say the date is firm, but may be bumped in the event of breaking news.

Correspondent is Dennis Murphy. Producers are Fred Rothenberg and Maite Amorebieta.

In addition to NBC, a news crew from truTV’s “In Session” filmed the month-long trial. No date has been announced for the “In Session” trial coverage.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/dateline_nbc_show_on_venus_ste_1.html

'Dateline NBC' show on Venus Stewart case features interview with Doug Stewart (with video)

NEW YORK — Four days after they met, Doug and Venus Stewart were married, Doug Stewart seeing in his wife someone who was “smart,” “articulate” and “beautiful.”

That's what Stewart tells “Dateline NBC” correspondent Dennis Murphy in an exclusive interview granted by Stewart that is part of a 90-minute show set to air Friday night about the Venus Stewart case.

***much more at link including a video snip from the show.

BUMP

This show will air tonight! I've got my DVR set. But wanted to remind those who are interested.

I will most likely bump again this afternoon.

Praying for Venus.

Bumping again.
:smile:

Woah, DS actually sat down for an on-camera interview.

Many, many thanks to Kimberlyd125 for keeping us all updated all this time on what's happening in this case. I appreciate it, Kim. :grouphug:

Bumping again.
:smile:
DS Doug Stewart
RS Ricky Spencer

Watching the show then my mouse went dead while typing my overview. Oh well. Pretty good depiction. Honestly, seeing him interviewed makes me more convinced. RS say he played xbox 6 to 10 hrs a day for a year and 1/2 with DS. RS said "he was my idol"
They went to Busch Gardens for 3 days where DS layed out his problems in marriage. RS said DS asked him to pose for him while he went to kill his wife. At first RS said no way. He then said he would be alibi, but not kill. He took him too a park to train him. Showed him head lock and choke hold.RS agreed to help. Went to Bethesda, MD and was given disguises. Went back to VA and posed as Doug.

I didn't know DS purchased a Trac phone with CC. Cops were able to track whereabouts in Ohio because of it.

Also to note they found DS fingerprints on a bar code form the Walmart purchase. Didn't know that.

Her parents weren't allowed to go to the trial

RS even called DS boss to say he wouldn't be to work on Monday.

RS diligently followed DS orders.

DS called him and said OK Dude its done.

DS said a drop of blood came from her nose , told him it was worth it so his kids would have a future.

RS "I asked him if he was going to kill me?" His usefulness as an alibi was done. RS was scared.

DS says that RS just showed up at his apt. during spring break. He didn't tell his parents.

That's the best I could do. Good show.

Where is Venus!!

Just finished watching the Dateline show now. I thought it was great.

What an evil man Doug Stewart is. He is full of himself, a liar and no doubt he is a murderer. I sort of felt for Ricky Spencer, he probably got so caught up in it that when he understood it, it was too late.

Doug Stewart needs to give his daughters a grave where they can go and visit their mom.

Many, many thanks to Kimberlyd125 for keeping us all updated all this time on what's happening in this case. I appreciate it, Kim. :grouphug:

Awe thanks BeanE!

I really thought the show was very well put together. Not much new info but some of the footage was very good to see. Great to have photos of things and places that until now have only been depicted in our minds.

The one complaint I have is they gave DS too much air time.

All in all a great show.

Remember, RS's sentencing is this coming Friday. I'll try to bump the thread with a reminder.

Still praying Venus is found soon.

Wow! I missed the show but I just found the whole thing is online on the Dateline website. It's in about 12 videos on this page:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

I'm going to start watching tonight!

I watched it last night, they did a good job, IMO. But as they said, there is no incentive for DS to ever tell where Venus is, with LWOP being mandatory in MI and IMO, he won't. He won't admit to anything at all.

I watched it last night, they did a good job, IMO. But as they said, there is no incentive for DS to ever tell where Venus is, with LWOP being mandatory in MI and IMO, he won't. He won't admit to anything at all.

It's all about control for DS. He killed her because he no longer had control over her IMO.

He feels he has the power.

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/features/x1256646600/Focus-on-Stewart-trial

Focus on Stewart trial

Centreville, Mich. — Residents of St. Joseph County got a rare opportunity to see how local news is covered on national TV Friday.

***Some interesting points in this article...

-Therese McComb, mother of Venus Stewart, said she spotted a discrepancy on Ricky Spencer confessing.
“We had been told all this time that Ricky Spencer was ready to talk when the Michigan State Police came knocking at his door in Bear, Del.
“It wasn’t until he went to the local police station for a second interview, after police had to show him the evidence they had, that he was willing to talk,” said McComb.

-She called Doug Stewart a pitiful liar in his interview.
“Doug said he was a stay-at-home dad. That was not true. The girls went to a day care or Venus arranged for a baby-sitter to be there if Doug was going to be home,” she said.
McComb said Stewart had a hard time holding a job.

-Larry McComb listened to the Dateline program at a truck stop where he was parked in his rig for the night.
Therese said she set the telephone next to the TV so he could listen.
At one point, when Ricky Spencer detailed what Stewart said about how he killed his estranged wife, McComb asked his wife to turn off the phone so he couldn’t hear. Therese also left the room. Her son, Dustin Jasper, and his wife of Sturgis, were with her.

-Therese McComb said she plans to say a few words at Spencer’s sentencing.
“He could have saved my daughter numerous times,” she said. “He was Doug’s alibi not once, but a second time.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/doug_stewarts_accomplish_could.html

Doug Stewart's accomplice 'could have saved my sister,' said brother of murdered Venus Stewart

NEW YORK — The family of Venus Stewart believes the accomplice in her abduction and murder is getting off easy and are asking authorities in another state to level murder conspiracy charges against him, according to a “Dateline NBC” report on the case that aired this weekend.

“He could have saved my sister,” Jasper told Dateline correspondent Dennis Murphy. “He could have let the authorities know and they could have been waiting for him at my house and it would have been over.”

Despite the feelings of the McCombs and other family members, the “Dateline” report said McDonough isn’t likely to budge on his recommendation that Spencer serve no more than a year behind bars in St. Joseph County.

“Ricky’s not a killer,” McDonough told Murphy. “He’s a tremendously impressionable kid who made a horrible, horrible mistake.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/doug_stewarts_accomplish_could.html

Doug Stewart's accomplice 'could have saved my sister,' said brother of murdered Venus Stewart

NEW YORK — The family of Venus Stewart believes the accomplice in her abduction and murder is getting off easy and are asking authorities in another state to level murder conspiracy charges against him, according to a “Dateline NBC” report on the case that aired this weekend.

“He could have saved my sister,” Jasper told Dateline correspondent Dennis Murphy. “He could have let the authorities know and they could have been waiting for him at my house and it would have been over.”

Despite the feelings of the McCombs and other family members, the “Dateline” report said McDonough isn’t likely to budge on his recommendation that Spencer serve no more than a year behind bars in St. Joseph County.

“Ricky’s not a killer,” McDonough told Murphy. “He’s a tremendously impressionable kid who made a horrible, horrible mistake.”

Spencer is not a kid, he was 20 years old when he helped Doug kill Venus. Somebody needs to hold him accountable. I wonder if prosecutors in Delaware could charge him with some kind of conspiracy, since that's where he was when he communicated with Doug via the Xbox or maybe phone about the plan. Or in Maryland, where he met Doug to give him back the clothes he used to impersonate him. Being impressionable doesn't absolve you of responsibility when you go to the lengths Spencer did to participate in a murder. That's what he did, he actively participated in a planned murder.

I agree. He could have stopped it. He had prior knowledge of this crime and did NOTHING.

If he would have made 1 phone call, Venus might be alive today and 2 little girls would still have their mother.

I saw the dateline story and this guy rs seems like something is wrong with him. I don't know much except what I saw on dateline and anybody willing to help kill someone has a problem. Yeah ds told him vs was a horrible mom or whatever but come on, call the police!! It's common sense. He's 20 and not some 14 year old. He didn't have any non xbox friends? When did he have time for school? Seems like another sheltered well to do kid whose parents just let him do whatever.

I agree burbqueen!
His sentencing is tomorrow.

Although he took a deal for 1 year, the judge could give him more time.

VS's parents and brother are supposed to be there to give the judge their opinion.

I really hope he gets more than a year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03
Back