Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
raisincharlie said:
Here's another question - since the sheriff has said the ME has not returned a TOD as yet - what narrowed the timeline to 6 am ? I suppose the condition of the body...but?

i wondered that also, last night, after hearing the Sheriff talk....he didn't give a definate answer, IMO....something along the lines of the friends leaving at 10:30, yada yada yada, but never pinpointed what the reason was for the 12 midnite to 6 am thing....

i DO think though, that the condition of her body...blood drying, etc....gave them a fairly good idea of TOD....course the ME will pin that down more...

raisincharlie said:
I agree, his silence is deafening and by not being actively involved he is forcing LE to look very closely - that's his choice. I see this as a slippery slope - for lack of better examples Peterson and Hacking were out front and talking - it helped neither as they both sit in jail (of course they were both guilty as all get out but you get my drift).

One thing I think we need to keep in mind is that NC has a bit of a different system in terms of how they proceed with things. The Duke case has pointed this out very well, so I don't think it is wise to assume things should progress in ways similar to other things we have followed.

good point ...

MrsMush99 said:
do we know if the ME's report is going to be released???
This is just my opinion but given the interview with the sherriff by Greta and judging by how close to the vest he seemed with information, I am almost thinking a report won't be released until after an arrest. I don't know if they can do that legally but for some reason I don't think they are going to release anything for as long as they can do it.

close_enough said:
i wondered that also, last night, after hearing the Sheriff talk....he didn't give a definate answer, IMO....something along the lines of the friends leaving at 10:30, yada yada yada, but never pinpointed what the reason was for the 12 midnite to 6 am thing....

i DO think though, that the condition of her body...blood drying, etc....gave them a fairly good idea of TOD....course the ME will pin that down more...
I should know this by now having followed a few cases with you super sleuthers but, how long does it take for rigor to set in ? I recall Meredith saying the body was cold and stiff in the 911 call.

Boyz_Mum said:
This is just my opinion but given the interview with the sherriff by Greta and judging by how close to the vest he seemed with information, I am almost thinking a report won't be released until after an arrest. I don't know if they can do that legally but for some reason I don't think they are going to release anything for as long as they can do it.
You know. I was just thinking. An autopsy was already done. She was already released to her family and buried. I'm betting they already know the TOD and just don't want to release that information.

Boyz_Mum said:

that's exactly how i take his comments also, Boyz.....he said "they've collected evidence"..."they're making progress"...i think this will boil down to hearing about an arrest & someone charged, THEN we'll hear/read the details.....

raisincharlie said:
Here's another question - since the sheriff has said the ME has not returned a TOD as yet - what narrowed the timeline to 6 am ? I suppose the condition of the body...but?

Good question! So .... throwing wild card thoughts out there:

The alarm clock was knocked over/Michelles watch broken and time stopped around 6 am?

Full rigor had not reaches final stages?

Blood had not caked yet - or accumulated by gravity to lowest points of Michelle's body?

The phone-line cut?

Maybe temperature affected rigor?

Ummmm - a newspaper had tire marks on it?

Lord ... I do ramble :silenced:

raisincharlie said:
I should know this by now having followed a few cases with you super sleuthers but, how long does it take for rigor to set in ? I recall Meredith saying the body was cold and stiff in the 911 call.

well, from what i remember reading, during the Peterson case, rigor sets in at stages.....30 minutes to 2 hours, if i'm not mistaken......

wait, maybe i'm thinking of the 'death smell'????.....

MrsMush99 said:
You know. I was just thinking. An autopsy was already done. She was already released to her family and buried. I'm betting they already know the TOD and just don't want to release that information.

MrsM - yes: just has to be! And I agree with Boyz - No Way are LE going to release a morsel until they're totally confident of managing the anticipated backlash - IF they're going to tell us anything at all.

PolkSaladAnnie said:

The alarm clock was knocked over/Michelles watch broken and time stopped around 6 am?

Blood had not caked yet - or accumulated by gravity to lowest points of Michelle's body?

The phone-line cut?

lol...i love your ramblings....makes me think of other avenues....

not sure if i've read this or what, but her body being inside the house where it's warm, would have something to do with the stages of rigor & all that....

Taximom said:
Thanks, Scout.

It was a terrific interview. I like how Greta doesn't interrupt those she's interviewing!
grrrr I can't see it.

PolkSaladAnnie said:

The phone-line cut?

Go ahead and ramble - it makes me :D

MrsMush99 said:
Meredith said on the 911 call that Michelle was supposed to be at work. How did she know that? From Michelle or Jason?
I swear she ends the sentence with "like" as in "She's supposed to be at work like" and then she's cut off by the 911 operator. When I first heard that I wondered if she meant "She's supposed to be at work like her husband said."

Who knows. I don't know if I can listen to that tape again though.

close_enough said:
well, from what i remember reading, during the Peterson case, rigor sets in at stages.....30 minutes to 2 hours, if i'm not mistaken......

And then afterwards ... the body goes limp again!

Close, I thought is was longer than that :eek: ... up to 12 hours??? Heavens - better check...

close_enough said:

Eeeeeewwwww :sick:

MrsMush99 said:

yeeeees, you're right!!...they already know the TOD....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria