Michigan Pastor placed camera in church bathroom

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

abstr

Reaction score

"Will Johnson, the former worship pastor director, made the confession after a staff member discovered the camera in a unisex bathroom in the backstage area at 2|42 Community Church in Brighton, Michigan. 2|42 is a non-denominational church with seven campuses across the state.

Church leadership immediately fired 37-year-old Johnson, the email said. They then contacted the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office, who arrested Johnson that same night."

How sick. I am glad to see the church was so transparent, even though I am also sadly surprise.

"Will Johnson, the former worship pastor director, made the confession after a staff member discovered the camera in a unisex bathroom in the backstage area at 2|42 Community Church in Brighton, Michigan. 2|42 is a non-denominational church with seven campuses across the state.

Church leadership immediately fired 37-year-old Johnson, the email said. They then contacted the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office, who arrested Johnson that same night."

How sick. I am glad to see the church was so transparent, even though I am also sadly surprise.
I was a part of the 242 community for years. I am sad and sickened to see this. I haven’t been there in a while because of other concerns I had with the church - but this is still very disheartening to read. I am extremely glad they reported him so quickly, though!!!

Outside of 2|42, Johnson works as an associate and coach at Slingshot Group, a church and nonprofit staffing/coaching organization, according to his social media.

@mewmew - curious what your other concerns were, if you care to share?

From the link in the above post:

"Police told Livingston Daily News that Johnson admitted to placing the camera in the bathroom on and off for more than two years. He used the camera to target specific individuals known to frequent the bathroom.

Police added that the bathroom in question is primarily used by church staff and volunteers and is not readily available to the public."

From the link in the above post:

"Police told Livingston Daily News that Johnson admitted to placing the camera in the bathroom on and off for more than two years. He used the camera to target specific individuals known to frequent the bathroom.

Police added that the bathroom in question is primarily used by church staff and volunteers and is not readily available to the public."

[bbm]

known to frequent? strange wording to me ... wouldn't any of the staff or volunteers be known to frequent a bathroomat their 'workplace'?

[bbm]

known to frequent? strange wording to me ... wouldn't any of the staff or volunteers be known to frequent a bathroomat their 'workplace'?

I think the writer was trying to get across that the pastor didn't just put the camera there to video random people. He was targeting certain individuals in particular that would be using the staff bathroom. My guess is that he edited the videos he captured and was only saving footage of those particular individuals.

Sometimes journalists can write something inelegantly, especially when under deadline. Happens a lot nowadays since all the publications have let go of their copy editors who in the past would catch and fix bad prose.

Last edited:
I think the writer was trying to get across that the pastor didn't just put the camera there to video random people. He was targeting certain individuals in particular that would be using the staff bathroom. My guess is that he edited the videos he captured and was only saving footage of those particular individuals.

Sometimes journalists can write something inelegantly, especially when under deadline. Happens a lot nowadays since all the publications have let go of their copy editors who in the past would catch and fix bad prose.

oh that makes sense
thank you

[bbm]

your correct.
He was targetting people known to use certain bathrooms. At his place of employment . The targetted bathrooms probably said " girls/ladies on the door , but all that is besides ...

your correct.
He was targetting people known to use certain bathrooms. At his place of employment . The targetted bathrooms probably said " girls/ladies on the door , but all that is besides ...
It was a unisex bathroom.

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo