Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they probably did have some of their own contracts, they were a well known name in the aviation industry. I also believe it would be a common practice to hire a consultant such as AS when looking to drum up some business in regards to their new MRO certification. He is a salesperson in the MRO industry, and as has been discussed, it's a competitive industry. MOO, but I think it would have been more surprising if they didn't hire some sort of a consultant to drum up some business. MOO

Is there some evidence that they did have some of their own contracts, as far as I recall, they were without any contracts at all. And I think the surprising thing is that the consultant hired didn't produce a single contract to support their business plan or justify his employment.

Is there any living 19 year old heterosexual male that would turn down a beautiful young girls request that he take a series of naked photos of her, using the excuse that his dad or grandad might not like it, should they ever happen to come across them? This also makes me doubt that he was paid for this service, somehow.
Juballee-IMO I haven't seen anything referencing DM's sexuality-just because someone has an opposite sex relationship doesn't mean they're heterosexual and are "truly" attracted to only the opposite sex. IMHO, it's not the photo shoot-it's that DM thought that it was appropriate to have CM & WM's business identified in it. IMO, if there was a high level of respect, DM would never have allowed this shoot to be tied in with his grandfathers business. It could have still happened, but none would have identified CM's Millardair. MOO

Is there some evidence that they did have some of their own contracts, as far as I recall, they were without any contracts at all. And I think the surprising thing is that the consultant hired didn't produce a single contract to support their business plan or justify his employment.
Juballee, IMO there's no evidence they had contracts or that they didn't have contracts. They could have had "conditional" contracts, pending inspection of the facilities etc. IMO, AS may very well have been working on a performance based contract where his remuneration was directly tied to the size of the firm contracts he bought in. If that was the case, I can really see why he was pushing DM to get the hangar in tip top shape. He may have had a mitt full of "conditional" contracts and wouldn't get paid on them until the condition of touring the facilites could be met. I did read an article that indicated that WM was after the "charter carriers"(will provide as soon as I locate)- so the client base would be different than the Windor MRO. MOO

MsSherlock - I added in the word heterosexual out of an assumption based on the accounts of DM that have been presented thus far, but if you have evidence to the contrary, please post the links for it. It was also to make a point that I don't think that many males his age would have been studying the background as well as we here have, for some reason. It could have been that the hanger was such a common place to him that he did not even notice that his family's business name was going to be noticeable. Or it could even be that 'Josie' published those pictures without cropping out he name or without his permission to show the name, we don't really know, but it is hard to go back and judge people based on something they did once as a teenager, in my opinion.

And I truly believe that if AS had had anything resembling conditional contracts and that they were conditional upon specifications that DM did not meet, AS would have certainly mentioned it to the press as well, he seemed very eager to throw his former boss under the bus, and if that 'spoilt brat' as he saw him, had been the cause of him not getting paid for his hard work, he would have surely brought that into the conversation with the reporter too, in my opinion.

MsSherlock - I added in the word heterosexual out of an assumption based on the accounts of DM that have been presented thus far, but if you have evidence to the contrary, please post the links for it. It was also to make a point that I don't think that many males his age would have been studying the background as well as we here have, for some reason. It could have been that the hanger was such a common place to him that he did not even notice that his family's business name was going to be noticeable. Or it could even be that 'Josie' published those pictures without cropping out he name or without his permission to show the name, we don't really know, but it is hard to go back and judge people based on something they did once as a teenager, in my opinion.

And I truly believe that if AS had had anything resembling conditional contracts and that they were conditional upon specifications that DM did not meet, AS would have certainly mentioned it to the press as well, he seemed very eager to throw his former boss under the bus, and if that 'spoilt brat' as he saw him, had been the cause of him not getting paid for his hard work, he would have surely brought that into the conversation with the reporter too, in my opinion.

Juballee..I have no opinion or knowledge as to DM's sexuality, nor do I find it relevant in 2013. I was simply responding to your assumption that he was "heterosexual". IMO we don't know that as fact and really shouldn't be used as an excuse for allowing identification of CM's company. As far as the decision and/or oversight to use the Company assets with logo as a backdrop-IMHO, at 19, DM being the only son and grandson of WM/CM and being surrounded by the business his whole life, should have been mature and intelligent enough to know that he shouldn't implicate dad and gramps in suggestive photography of young women. He sure looks like a mature young man at 14 when he did his solo flights. IMO if the assertion is that it was just hormones at work, that kind of indicates to me that he was in fact showing signs of sociopathic behavior. MOO

"Researchers believe that this may be the reason for lack of empathy towards others. There are theories that also indicate that hormonal fluctuations also have a role to play in this disorder, however the links have not been directly established."

http://depressiond.com/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/

Potential contracts? The only interview we have with AS is the National Post article by AB. AB also indicated in a tweet on 07/12 that Dateline was interviewing AS, so perhaps more will be made available. As for disclosure of details of the contracts to a journalist-IMO airing details of contracts could have serious ramifications without express consent from both parties. From the quote below, I'm confident that AS didn't show up to the party empty handed. JMHO

“I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations and the potential for 2013. We parted pleasantly

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
MOO

The reasoning behind MY interest in find when WM and MB "split" is because I believe it could be very revealing as to how the split of his parents effected DM. It is a known fact that a broken family does play a significant role on a child/teenagers life in many ways. There is no indication or information in the MSM as of yet as to what kind of a relationship DM had with each parent. The fact that he resided with his father could be very telling as to what type of relationship he had with his mother. Was DM going off the rails around the time his parents split? Was he the driving force behind his parents split? IMO there is great concern and interest on my part as to how DM may have been conducting his life after his parents split, which could be indications as to his mental state after his parents split. Just because it does not seem relative or necessary to some to sleuth out information in certain avenues, doesn't mean others don't see the rational behind it. HTH and MOO.

*Neighbours rarely saw DM at his mother's home (possible strained relationship?)
*If his parent split in 2001 (per MsS finding MB's Tinsmith house purchase) DM was 16
*According to some reports, DM left school at 16
*Assumption DM was into drugs. Using or dealing
*Accused of murder and theft
*Hung around one known person with a criminal background
Just a few points to consider and MOO

What are the problems for the children?
Behavior problems, lower self esteem, tend to trust others less, get lower grades at school and psychological problems. They are also less able to make friends, have a higher risk to use too much alcohol and drugs and have a higher risk to get on the criminal path.

Later on in life, they tend to have more risky sexual relationships, are unhappier and more of them have children without being married.

http://www.children-and-divorce.com/statistics-children-of-divorce.html

The study found that children whose parents eventually divorce show higher levels of depression, as well as higher levels of anti-social behaviour, than children whose parents remain married.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/051213/dq051213c-eng.htm

Juballee..I have no opinion or knowledge as to DM's sexuality, nor do I find it relevant in 2013. I was simply responding to your assumption that he was "heterosexual". IMO we don't know that as fact and really shouldn't be used as an excuse for allowing identification of CM's company. As far as the decision and/or oversight to use the Company assets with logo as a backdrop-IMHO, at 19, DM being the only son and grandson of WM/CM and being surrounded by the business his whole life, should have been mature and intelligent enough to know that he shouldn't implicate dad and gramps in suggestive photography of young women. He sure looks like a mature young man at 14 when he did his solo flights. IMO if the assertion is that it was just hormones at work, that kind of indicates to me that he was in fact showing signs of sociopathic behavior. MOO

"Researchers believe that this may be the reason for lack of empathy towards others. There are theories that also indicate that hormonal fluctuations also have a role to play in this disorder, however the links have not been directly established."

http://depressiond.com/sociopath-sociopathic-personality-disorder/

Potential contracts? The only interview we have with AS is the National Post article by AB. AB also indicated in a tweet on 07/12 that Dateline was interviewing AS, so perhaps more will be made available. As for disclosure of details of the contracts to a journalist-IMO airing details of contracts could have serious ramifications without express consent from both parties. From the quote below, I'm confident that AS didn't show up to the party empty handed. JMHO

“I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations and the potential for 2013. We parted pleasantly

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
MOO

I seem to be missing something here, its seems to me that you are saying that because he was a normal 19 year old teenager, wether heterosexual or homosexual, who still had normal hormones, apparently somehow those hormones were enough hormones to make him a sociopath, when he should have had none, having apparently matured at 14 when he set a record? Please help to understand what you mean by this suggestion about the hormones.

If hormones are the new marker for sociopathy, I think we had all better look out! Do we have any links to any other behaviours that he has been sighted as possessing that are actual markers for sociopathy, such as a violent background, short temper, stealing, lying, lack or remorse, violating the rights of others or problems with the law?

And the term potential contracts is an oxymoron, in my opinion.

Juballee, IMO there's no evidence they had contracts or that they didn't have contracts. They could have had "conditional" contracts, pending inspection of the facilities etc. IMO, AS may very well have been working on a performance based contract where his remuneration was directly tied to the size of the firm contracts he bought in. If that was the case, I can really see why he was pushing DM to get the hangar in tip top shape. He may have had a mitt full of "conditional" contracts and wouldn't get paid on them until the condition of touring the facilites could be met. I did read an article that indicated that WM was after the "charter carriers"(will provide as soon as I locate)- so the client base would be different than the Windor MRO. MOO

Where was it reported AS was pushing DM to get the hangar in tip top shape? My understanding was the two had no dealings since DM was in only in charge of construction and that in fact it was DM that confronted AS, not the other way around.

The Post article mentions DM refusing to remove the cars when requested but we have grown accustomed to that info not being attributed to anyone, named - or even unnamed in this case - in plenty of MSM reporting on DM.

Potential contracts? The only interview we have with AS is the National Post article by AB. AB also indicated in a tweet on 07/12 that Dateline was interviewing AS, so perhaps more will be made available. As for disclosure of details of the contracts to a journalist-IMO airing details of contracts could have serious ramifications without express consent from both parties.

I saw that tweet as well but no mention of AS in it; she merely says that she heard Dateline is covered the story. (Not to say he hasnt agreed to it - he is in sales after all!)

So far as signed contracts go he wouldnt have to name them. If they existed, he would have acknowledged that they existed, in my opinion.

The reasoning behind MY interest in find when WM and MB "split" is because I believe it could be very revealing as to how the split of his parents effected DM. It is a known fact that a broken family does play a significant role on a child/teenagers life in many ways. There is no indication or information in the MSM as of yet as to what kind of a relationship DM had with each parent. The fact that he resided with his father could be very telling as to what type of relationship he had with his mother. Was DM going off the rails around the time his parents split? Was he the driving force behind his parents split? IMO there is great concern and interest on my part as to how DM may have been conducting his life after his parents split, which could be indications as to his mental state after his parents split. Just because it does not seem relative or necessary to some to sleuth out information in certain avenues, doesn't mean others don't see the rational behind it. HTH and MOO.

*Neighbours rarely saw DM at his mother's home (possible strained relationship?)

Maybe they met regularly every week at a local restaurant for a chat and some quality time ?? JMO

*If his parent split in 2001 (per MsS finding MB's Tinsmith house purchase) DM was 16

*According to some reports, DM left school at 16
*Assumption DM was into drugs. Using or dealing

Many teenagers experiment and many more try marijuana IMO
*Accused of murder and theft
*Hung around one known person with a criminal background

I think we might have all hung around people with a criminal background at some point...most people dont advertise their record. Also not all records contain violent crimes IMO .
Just a few points to consider and MOO

What are the problems for the children?
Behavior problems, lower self esteem, tend to trust others less, get lower grades at school and psychological problems. They are also less able to make friends, have a higher risk to use too much alcohol and drugs and have a higher risk to get on the criminal path.

Like I said..I am from a 'broken' family, my parents divorced. I excelled at school and beyond. I have friends all over the world who I am contact with.
I do not drink and do not snort cocaine. So I can vouch that children from divorced parents are not guaranteed to be at risk for anything. JMO

Later on in life, they tend to have more risky sexual relationships, are unhappier and more of them have children without being married.

I do not have a sexually transmitted disease and have not engaged in risky permissive behaviour. This probably one of the reasons that I find statistics often simply someones limited attempt at profiling using a select group and thus not reflecting 'society' as a whole. JMO

http://www.children-and-divorce.com/statistics-children-of-divorce.html

The study found that children whose parents eventually divorce show higher levels of depression, as well as higher levels of anti-social behaviour, than children whose parents remain married.

It makes you wonder who they actually studied, when you consider that more people divorce than stay together these days...JMO.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/051213/dq051213c-eng.htm

Thanks for the links Swedie

I seem to be missing something here, its seems to me that you are saying that because he was a normal 19 year old teenager, wether heterosexual or homosexual, who still had normal hormones, apparently somehow those hormones were enough hormones to make him a sociopath, when he should have had none, having apparently matured at 14 when he set a record? Please help to understand what you mean by this suggestion about the hormones.

If hormones are the new marker for sociopathy, I think we had all better look out! Do we have any links to any other behaviours that he has been sighted as possessing that are actual markers for sociopathy, such as a violent background, short temper, stealing, lying, lack or remorse, violating the rights of others or problems with the law?

And the term potential contracts is an oxymoron, in my opinion.
Juballee...let's step back for one sec. It was your reply to me that indicated that perhaps DM, being a 19 year old heterosexual male may have been so consumed in the subjects of the photo shoot that he didn't realize that his Grandfather's Co. may be getting identified in soft *advertiser censored* pic's. IMO, I don't know what his sexual preference is or was nor do I know what his hormone levels were. The connection to him flying at 14 is the precise reason I feel that he should have known better and that perhaps when he was 19, he wasn't making such great judgements anymore and yes, it may have been because of his hormones. MOO

IMO, at 14, DM had enough maturity to be able to fly in the skies "solo", knowing procedures, aircraft & helicopter mechanics & engines plus capable of taking orders from the control tower, just the same as the pilots of the 747's. IMO, that's pretty amazing stuff for a young teen and shows advanced maturity and confidence. MOO

The "violating the rights of others" mentioned above really jumps out at me. IMO, DM was "violating his Grandfather's rights" or taking advantage of him when he allowed the Millardair name to appear in those photo's. Unfortunately, DM seems to have dropped off the face of the map from the time he took that solo flight to the time he started to travel at 24 or so, with only the photo shoot and a couple of obits as a point of reference in between. IMO, since we don't have any job references, resume's, grad pic's, info from the Chef school we can't rule out anything-untreated bi-polar disorder, depression, OCD and hormonal imbalance included. Was DM taking any meds? Had he been under a Doctors care? Did he have anger issues? How did he really handle the separation of his parents or the death of his Grandfather? IMO this could explain the difference in his appearances as he got older.

IMO, Hormones have in fact been at the root of a lot of sociopathic/psychopathic behavior, murders and crime:

Mothers who kill children aka postpartum depression http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postpartum-depression/DS00546/DSECTION=causes

Hormones and crime:
http://socialscience.stow.ac.uk/criminology/criminology_notes/biochemical_influences.htm

In concern to the "contracts". IMO, AS refers to "all the contracts that were in negotiations". IMO care must be given labeling these as "potential contracts". "Contracts in negotiations" as AS is quoted as saying are always potential contracts however, potential contracts are not always "contracts in negotiations. "Potential" was actually used in reference to the business that could be expected in 2013.

“I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations and the potential for 2013. We parted pleasantly.”

I saw that tweet as well but no mention of AS in it; she merely says that she heard Dateline is covered the story. (Not to say he hasn't agreed to it - he is in sales after all!)

So far as signed contracts go he wouldnt have to name them. If they existed, he would have acknowledged that they existed, in my opinion.
Thanks for that correction Snoofo! You are correct, I obviously concocted a hybrid tweet! :floorlaugh:
I agree that he wouldn't have to name them or give details but IMHO, he did acknowledge their existence when he said "I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations"

MOO

Where was it reported AS was pushing DM to get the hangar in tip top shape? My understanding was the two had no dealings since DM was in only in charge of construction and that in fact it was DM that confronted AS, not the other way around.

The Post article mentions DM refusing to remove the cars when requested but we have grown accustomed to that info not being attributed to anyone, named - or even unnamed in this case - in plenty of MSM reporting on DM.
Snoofo...I don't know if I'm reading your last line correctly or not. AS was the one responsible for saying that DM wouldn't move the cars etc.

I'm thinking that perhaps there was a misplaced quote or a his comments were condensed? IMO

“He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

You could be right and Ann B and the editors at the National Post misplaced the quotation mark but the way I read it is the rest of the sentence did not form part of his quote and we are to assume this is some hearsay or an impression Ann B got from AS or one of the "other executives" she spoke to. She did not attribute the rest of the sentence to anyone and it is this kind of reporting that has been disconcerting.

No worries about the tweet. I have posted my share of things I swore I'd read somewhere but was disproved by the Masters here, and quickly!

In concern to the "contracts". IMO, AS refers to "all the contracts that were in negotiations". IMO care must be given labeling these as "potential contracts". "Contracts in negotiations" as AS is quoted as saying are always potential contracts however, potential contracts are not always "contracts in negotiations. "Potential" was actually used in reference to the business that could be expected in 2013.

“I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations and the potential for 2013. We parted pleasantly.”

I have suspected that in the following weeks there was confirmation that those contracts went elsewhere and WM killed himself.

MsSherlock;9710537 IMO said:
Without any proof of the state of DM's hormones its not a safe bet to assume they were running amok IMO. His mother apparently stated that he's a good son. I have sons and when I say I have good sons it means they are respectful and have not brought trouble to my door. The only really negative comment was from AS and I think we have deduced that he is more than likely a disgruntled EX employee. I would think DM would have been devastated by the death of his father and grandfather. It seems he was close to them both judging by the AV canada comments and the obit IMO. Escaping into video games and the like seems like quite a normal way for recently bereaved people to behave. Trying to escape from the pain of bereavement. Some people drink, some smoke pot, some play video games and some cry themselves to sleep and sleep a lot. IMO
[/B]

IMO, Hormones have in fact been at the root of a lot of sociopathic/psychopathic behavior, murders and crime:

Mothers who kill children aka postpartum depression http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/postpartum-depression/DS00546/DSECTION=causes

I don't think DM fits into this category somehow ;-)

Hormones and crime:
http://socialscience.stow.ac.uk/criminology/criminology_notes/biochemical_influences.htm

I think DM could well have been depressed after his dads death.... but that doesn't make him a murderer IMO

He should have said 'potential business deals' ...IMO contracts are not contracts unless they are agreed to by both parties.

“I went over all of the contracts that were in negotiations and the potential for 2013. We parted pleasantly.” So they parted pleasantly.... this indicates to me that DM did not show any signs or temper or anger which would possibly dispute any theory that he had psychological anger/hormonal issues.... JMO

Thanks again for the links

Something to keep in mind though, PA announced their plans for a Windsor MRO before WM started on the Waterloo project.

January 14, 2011 14:00 ET
Premier Aviation Partners With the City of Windsor and the Windsor International Airport

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...sor-windsor-international-airport-1380599.htm

Millardair finalized their plans in June 2011:

"A month later in June 2011, Millardair finalized a site plan agreement with municipal governments and applied for a building permit for a 51,516-square-foot hangar at the northwest corner of the airport, valued at $6.4 million. The building permit was approved in July 2011."

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/674559/dellen-millards-hangar-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

Good point. Yes Millardair appears to have finalized its site plan agreement in June 2011. Site plan agreements do not get negotiated overnight. They are usually pretty big and it is very normal for them to take months to finalize. And there is a lot of planning just to get to that point.

In my current investigation of PA and MROs, it seems PA has recently taken its logo off the Windsor hangar and that whole situation looks like a huge mess. There have been very few planes serviced.
http://www.windsorsquare.ca/2013/06/francis-flying-blind/

I am looking for an article on MROs from the Fall 2012 Wings magazine that may have caused concern for DM and created panic for WM.

Thanks for the links Swedie

There is a wealth of information out there on the effects of divorce on children if one choices to seek it out. HTH.

sta·tis·tics [stuh-tis-tiks] Show IPA
noun
1. used with a singular verb ) the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements.

2.( used with a plural verb ) the numerical facts or data themselves.

AND

Statistics is the study of the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.[1][2] It deals with all aspects of data, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.[1]

The word statistics, when referring to the scientific discipline, is singular, as in "Statistics is an art."[3] This should not be confused with the word statistic, referring to a quantity (such as mean or median) calculated from a set of data,[4] whose plural is statistics ("this statistic seems wrong" or "these statistics are misleading").

There is a wealth of information out there on the effects of divorce on children if one choices to seek it out. HTH.

sta·tis·tics [stuh-tis-tiks] Show IPA
noun
1. used with a singular verb ) the science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements.

2.( used with a plural verb ) the numerical facts or data themselves.

AND

Statistics is the study of the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.[1][2] It deals with all aspects of data, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments.[1]

The word statistics, when referring to the scientific discipline, is singular, as in "Statistics is an art."[3] This should not be confused with the word statistic, referring to a quantity (such as mean or median) calculated from a set of data,[4] whose plural is statistics ("this statistic seems wrong" or "these statistics are misleading").

Yes I know what statistics means. Thank you for trying to educate me... but I am aware of the meaning thank you . And I also do feel that 'statistics' (the study of the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data) ...do not represent the reality in many situations. JMO

Good point. Yes Millardair appears to have finalized its site plan agreement in June 2011. Site plan agreements do not get negotiated overnight. They are usually pretty big and it is very normal for them to take months to finalize. And there is a lot of planning just to get to that point.

In my current investigation of PA and MROs, it seems PA has recently taken its logo off the Windsor hangar and that whole situation looks like a huge mess. There have been very few planes serviced.
http://www.windsorsquare.ca/2013/06/francis-flying-blind/

I am looking for an article on MROs from the Fall 2012 Wings magazine that may have caused concern for DM and created panic for WM.
Snoofo, IMO that article may be a bit skewed by a sentiment that the City shouldn't have gotten involved in such a project-JMHO, it certainly doesn't appear that the writer or the readers have much faith in the Mayor or if I read it right, his brother who runs the airport. This article was published after that one and gives PA's side-appears that they are currently training workers at the Quebec facility and are moving forward with confidence even expecting an increase in their workforce in Windsor.
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/06/11/nazzani-predicts-more-jobs-coming-for-local-mro-industry/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans