Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BQ touched somewhat on it below but there is way more to it than just going from Corp. law to Criminal Defense or client/counsel trust.

DP is full of himself, to be civil. He by his own words, and as reported in MSM, indicated this in addition to his lack of communication/media skills.

DM is whatever he is at the time of arrest and is presumed innocent. DM has not VERBALLY hurt himself or his case. MSM has reported oddities in the owning of an incinerator with no livestock(which was purchased about the time LB disappeared, the death of his father WM(the alleged eyeshot) and being the last cellphone contact of LB. So all this together paints a reasonably damning picture so far of DM when benchmarked against involvement in TB's murder. BUT HE hasn't verbally hurt his case.

Now enter Mr diversion, Mr. overstatement, DP. IIRC at his very first media appearance even BEFORE TB was found, he was drumming that his client was 100% not guilty? His client was totally and completely in SHOCK by the allegations? Then when TB's, burned body was found, Paradkar denies his client knew the test ride ended in murder by saying He is concerned by the escalation in the charges? COME ON even a jr. criminal lawyer has better media sense than that.

I think DP is either inept, over his head, in denial or has a pathetic perception of the trouble his client is in. Then there was his self gratification piece on Napoleon.

DP spoke about his highest calling(to defend "cases" like this)but he can't answer a simple question on how the heck did DM get himself in this mess?
He sputters a corporate sounding BS sentence like uh "Gentlemen like him...and with his background......don't know how he would end up....with other individuals who may or may not be involved in this.... after the May court appearance......Gee, think he might should have been prepared? Or avoid the media? He sounded more like the Corporate PR person sent to speak to the press after an emergency incident with no clue.

Apparently he is stonewalling or he doesn't understand the gravity of the situation he and more importantly, his client is in. Either way he looks very unprofessional so far.

There is some question, in my mind, whether he and DM have yet had a "Come to Jesus" sit down talk about what DM did. If he hasn't had FULL DISCLOSURE from DM, then a good criminal defense lawyer should not speak publicly about innocence until he could answer this.........How did a UNASSUMING HUMBLE, INTELLIGENT, REMORSEFUL, PHILOSOPHER, GENTLEMAN become involved with psycho killers? As these(all caps) are his own words to describe his client IIRC.

If DM can't or won't answer that question then DP should drop him unless of course this is all about DP from the beginning.
He seems to be milking it for his own benefit at the expense of his client and he is damaging the public's eye of DM, then hinting at a change of venue?

His whole defense IMO based on the way he is playing this is going to be based solely on DM knowing the killer and giving him up.

MOO based on experience and all available reading material to date.

Well, I'm glad there's much more to it than just that he started out at a corporate law firm. ;)

I agree with a lot of what you say. He does appear quite vain and to be taking advantage of the situation to promote himself. And his media speaking skills leave much to be desired. However, some of what he has said has been interpreted in different ways by different people here. That could depend on where you stand, when you hear it, which way you read it. And he does have some good successes under his belt.

JMO

I'm curious why you think it's a negative that DP worked for a corporate law firm for his first two years? He's been in criminal law for the last 17 years. That must count for something.

Must Jesus be brought into it.... :trout: jmo

When it is said that someone is maintaining their right to remain silent.... I do not think that extends to a lawyer... If DM wishes to talk with his lawyer (which obviously he has, for DP to have relayed that there is a `story`behing this) that is up to him. That relationship should be confidential at this point and nothing to do with LE at this time JMO. I dont understand what you dont understand about this....

Maybe he knows of the killer, not necessarily knows him.... thats always a possibility..... just as there are other possibilities imo

Yes because Jesus is his better option.

In order to have a proper team he and DP need to share and be on the same page so the ineptness shows less. He his bloviating about a murder situation that it would seem he is in the dark about and it is reducing his clients chance at a fair trial. It has nothing to do with client confidentiality, as DP is the one talking as if he is in the dark about what his client did or did not do. He is doing the harm not DM.
I dont understand what you dont understand about this....

There are professionals who take care of this sort of thing. I'm sure DP could point her in the right direction. ;) Maybe she could have contacted AS the business development consultant, as he seemed very willing, interested and eager to come all the way from Texas on occasions to drum up business for Millardair. MB wouldn't have had to partake in anything to do with the properties other then to sign responsibility over to someone else. She could just carry on as usual kwim. :moo:

I see all the sales happening because DM's future is looking rather bleak so why hang onto the properties. Because the hangar and the farmland are tied into the crime, shows why they haven't been sold off yet IMHO. There is so much red tape to cut through and once that is all done, we will see them up for sale also. Not sure anyone would want the farmland considering what happened there. I guess there is always someone who can disregard what happened on that property kwim. Example being CM/WM/DM's house sold with buyers potentially knowing WM supposedly committed suicide there. T. Alexander's house in California sold considering it was the place where a brutal murder had taken place by J Arias. That stuff doesn't bother some people though. As far as the hangar goes; maybe Waterloo city will invest in it and run it as WM had intended/planned and then some. JMO.

1. AS? This is a joke? I know you regard him highly but is he really a jack of all trades?

2. Why wouldnt anybody want to use the hangar in the future? Is it a crime scene? Did blood shed there (not like Manitoulin Island yaught bloodshed)?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

BQ touched somewhat on it below but there is way more to it than just going from Corp. law to Criminal Defense or client/counsel trust.

DP is full of himself, to be civil. He by his own words, and as reported in MSM, indicated this in addition to his lack of communication/media skills.

DM is whatever he is at the time of arrest and is presumed innocent. DM has not VERBALLY hurt himself or his case. MSM has reported oddities in the owning of an incinerator with no livestock(which was purchased about the time LB disappeared, the death of his father WM(the alleged eyeshot) and being the last cellphone contact of LB. So all this together paints a reasonably damning picture so far of DM when benchmarked against involvement in TB's murder. BUT HE hasn't verbally hurt his case.

Now enter Mr diversion, Mr. overstatement, DP. IIRC at his very first media appearance even BEFORE TB was found, he was drumming that his client was 100% not guilty? His client was totally and completely in SHOCK by the allegations? Then when TB's, burned body was found, Paradkar denies his client knew the test ride ended in murder by saying He is concerned by the escalation in the charges? COME ON even a jr. criminal lawyer has better media sense than that.

I think DP is either inept, over his head, in denial or has a pathetic perception of the trouble his client is in. Then there was his self gratification piece on Napoleon.

DP spoke about his highest calling(to defend "cases" like this)but he can't answer a simple question on how the heck did DM get himself in this mess?
He sputters a corporate sounding BS sentence like uh "Gentlemen like him...and with his background......don't know how he would end up....with other individuals who may or may not be involved in this.... after the May court appearance......Gee, think he might should have been prepared? Or avoid the media? He sounded more like the Corporate PR person sent to speak to the press after an emergency incident with no clue.

Apparently he is stonewalling or he doesn't understand the gravity of the situation he and more importantly, his client is in. Either way he looks very unprofessional so far.

There is some question, in my mind, whether he and DM have yet had a "Come to Jesus" sit down talk about what DM did. If he hasn't had FULL DISCLOSURE from DM, then a good criminal defense lawyer should not speak publicly about innocence until he could answer this.........How did a UNASSUMING HUMBLE, INTELLIGENT, REMORSEFUL, PHILOSOPHER, GENTLEMAN become involved with psycho killers? As these(all caps) are his own words to describe his client IIRC.

If DM can't or won't answer that question then DP should drop him unless of course this is all about DP from the beginning.
He seems to be milking it for his own benefit at the expense of his client and he is damaging the public's eye of DM, then hinting at a change of venue?

His whole defense IMO based on the way he is playing this is going to be based solely on DM knowing the killer and giving him up.

MOO based on experience and all available reading material to date.

:rockon:
IMHO. Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe DP would be better suited to run his practice in the US of A where he can play out his Napoleon character. Because here in Canada, it is highly known with a case as serious as this, there will be a PB. I think the fact that he is so full of himself and wants the media attention and cannot string a decent sentence together is not going to get him any brownie points from the public. I would love to know if DM is aware of all the things DP has said to the media? DP has come right out and announced to the world is his garbling DM is guilty IMO."there are other suspects out there, and, "my client feels extremely remorseful for what has happened". And of course famous words of a defense lawyer, "I can't get into the framing aspect. There's more to the story which I can't get into obviously, it is more than it appears to be".

DP is doing this to drum up more business by getting his face out to the MSM. But doing a nasty job at representing his client. It's all about lining his pockets. I see dollar signs in his eyes which always veer off to the right. I will wager DM hasn't admitted anything to DP. What DM will do is wait and see what evidence LE have on him, then chances are he will tell DP to spin him a story which will somehow tie into the evidence to try and show he is not involved in the murder, he had no idea it was going to go down and he was scared for his life because he was threatened by the murderer and that is why he didn't go to LE. And he will constantly remind DP who's paying the bill. ;) It's always the other guys fault. :liar: ALL :moo:

1. AS? This is a joke? I know you regard him highly but is he really a jack of all trades?

2. Why wouldnt anybody want to use the hangar in the future? Is it a crime scene? Did blood shed there (not like Manitoulin Island yaught bloodshed)?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Sure AS could do the job. He could advertise and get applications from people who are interested in becoming caretakers for the properties so MB wouldn't have to worry about them. Don't know if it's a case of regarding him highly as you suggested; I would say it's more a case of believing he spoke the truth and some people (not to be taken personally but generally speaking) cannot handle the truth or don't care much for truthful people.

To think AS came all the way from Texas IIRC, to help Millardair get off the ground and (according to MSM video I posted numerous times back there) was doing extremely well getting huge applications prior to WM's death. Tisk tisk. What a shame DM didn't see the potential gold mine he was sitting on and had been gifted to him by his generous father. Instead IMHO all DM saw was instant financial gratification and not having to work for anything. Ever look at the young generation today?! The majority of them want instant gratification without putting out too much effort, so it appears to me. Fancy cars, big homes, all the latest gadgets and toys, all bought on credit. But that's just MOO and view from where I sit.

Snipped from my post HTH.
As far as the hangar goes; maybe Waterloo city will invest in it and run it as WM had intended/planned and then some. JMO.

Sure AS could do the job. He could advertise and get applications from people who are interested in becoming caretakers for the properties so MB wouldn't have to worry about them. Don't know if it's a case of regarding him highly as you suggested; I would say it's more a case of believing he spoke the truth and some people (not to be taken personally but generally speaking) cannot handle the truth or don't care much for truthful people.

To think AS came all the way from Texas IIRC, to help Millardair get off the ground and (according to MSM video I posted numerous times back there) was doing extremely well getting huge applications prior to WM's death. Tisk tisk. What a shame DM didn't see the potential gold mine he was sitting on and had been gifted to him by his generous father. Instead IMHO all DM saw was instant financial gratification and not having to work for anything. Ever look at the young generation today?! The majority of them want instant gratification without putting out too much effort, so it appears to me. Fancy cars, big homes, all the latest gadgets and toys, all bought on credit. But that's just MOO and view from where I sit.

Snipped from my post HTH.
As far as the hangar goes; maybe Waterloo city will invest in it and run it as WM had intended/planned and then some. JMO.

Always remember AS was paid to come "all the way from Texas". I don't think he was doing it from the goodness of his heart now. He probably had a decent expense account too. IMO the sponges in any project spending account are always those consultants' fees. Anyway, imagine hiring a consultant from Texas to hire your property manager for a few homes? Hahaha.

I will agree with you about the younger generation, generally speaking. Ever notice how everyone speaks so highly about any hardworking and polite ones? It's because it is so rare nowadays! I think it used to be the norm.

Always remember AS was paid to come "all the way from Texas". I don't think he was doing it from the goodness of his heart now. He probably had a decent expense account too. IMO the sponges in any project spending account are always those consultants' fees. Anyway, imagine hiring a consultant from Texas to hire your property manager for a few homes? Hahaha.

I will agree with you about the younger generation, generally speaking. Ever notice how everyone speaks so highly about any hardworking and polite ones? It's because it is so rare nowadays! I think it used to be the norm.

Come on now. Every generation thinks this about the one that comes up after them. I work almost exclusively with 20-somethings/Gen Y and I have no cause for complaint of their politeness or work ethic. Let's not paint with too wide a brush in making our cases.

Yes because Jesus is his better option.

In order to have a proper team he and DP need to share and be on the same page so the ineptness shows less. He his bloviating about a murder situation that it would seem he is in the dark about and it is reducing his clients chance at a fair trial. It has nothing to do with client confidentiality, as DP is the one talking as if he is in the dark about what his client did or did not do. He is doing the harm not DM.
I dont understand what you dont understand about this....

Tis rather presumptive, no?

He doesn't sound in the dark to me (DP)... he clearly stated that there 'is a story here'... indicating to me that he has been made known of the 'story' jmo

Jesus may well be everyones better option imo, especially depending on peoples belief system which imo should not be trivialized......just sayin'

I dont understand why anyone cannot see that a lawyer should not tell the 'story' prior to trial.... JMO

Come on now. Every generation thinks this about the one that comes up after them. I work almost exclusively with 20-somethings/Gen Y and I have no cause for complaint of their politeness or work ethic. Let's not paint with too wide a brush in making our cases.

I know this has nothing to do with the case but I will reply and comment:

1. Perhaps you havent been to a mall lately. Most teens and 20-somethings are impolite and disinterested in the population around them. Maybe you are from the South where I have noticed manners still exist in the general population. My last visit to Florida was like refreshing time travel!

2. I did say generally speaking.

I have for at least the last 15 years dealt with a new set of "interns" each year in a professional environment. These are university-educated (some post-grad) students who are ultimately looking to be hired by our firm. I do some mentoring to them, particularly providing guidance through assignments. While they are polite (they are looking for a job after all), the difference in attitudes and work ethic in the last decade is HUGE and other mentors are in complete agreement. These youngsters are less interested working hard and proving their worth (now when it really counts for their future) and rather preoccupied with their rights and wages. The climate has changed, my friend. Sure, one on one they can be lovely but put them in a group and the lovely fades. There are many exceptions but I am speaking from my own close observations and comparing to 10 and 15 years ago, not even the 1950's.

:notgood:

Maybe MB is selling the properties to fund getting the hangar back on track to make it viable to sell. Just a thought jmo

Maybe MB is selling the properties to fund getting the hangar back on track to make it viable to sell. Just a thought jmo

imo...I think the properties are being sold as DM is cash poor. There is no money to pay for legal fees, property taxes, etc.

It's looking obvious now as to why the farmland and hangar haven't been put on chopping block. I bet if MB could unload those properties also, she would've. After all they seem to be the two biggest nightmares. Because they are connected to Tim's case, the sales are a no go I bet. She is probably not allowed to sell them until this case is settled in a court of law or until LE have given her the green light. Poor MB; one day she's carrying on life normally and all of a sudden her whole world is turned upside down. What a nightmare. MOO.

Could we only imagine if she had sold the farmland and someone bought it, went in and tore the barn down and it turns out that barn holds some criminal clues? Clues tied to DM :eek:

Poor MB; one day she's carrying on life normally and all of a sudden her whole world is turned upside down. What a nightmare. MOO.
<rsbm>

Amen to that ... so sad when your dreams for your child turn into such a nightmare. She didn't do anything to deserve this.

Well, Oct. 22 is looming........

I really question what's going on here. While it's hard to guestimate, there is no way DM's legal defence should require the divesting of so many valuable assets. I'm sure the following article contains a lowball figure, but regardless, it gives a rough idea of what a defence on 1st degree murder might cost:

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-much-does-a-criminal-defense-lawyer-cost-for-murder-charges/

On the other hand, defendants who believe that they can successfully fight their charges should consider the costs and benefits of retaining a qualified lawyer. A good defense attorney who can secure an acquittal for $50,000 or even $100,000 might turn out to be a good investment.

I really question what's going on here. While it's hard to guestimate, there is no way DM's legal defence should require the divesting of so many valuable assets. I'm sure the following article contains a lowball figure, but regardless, it gives a rough idea of what a defence on 1st degree murder might cost:

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-much-does-a-criminal-defense-lawyer-cost-for-murder-charges/

I suspect it isn't for retainer or defense as much as the likely fact that DM is involved(to what degree is up to the Court)and as such makes him financially liable/culpable to SB.

If the case goes to court, SB could sue. If DM pleas on Oct. 22nd SB can sue sooner.

Maybe it's all been a ploy to stall until assets are liquidated, then cut the possible prison time by plea bargain and selling your compadre down the river.

ETA which is a great motivator for the lead detective to present to Smich to expedite his cooperation.

Hmmmm, wonder where he plans to live when he's released from jail. Seems his hope is fading. Does he have anything left besides the farm? Maybe he is going to fix up the barn? :floorlaugh: JMO

I can't help but think of the mess he left behind for MB to clean up: if he sold 5 Maplegate Crt and he was living there up to his arrest, MB would have to sort out and pack up all of his personal effects and store them someplace, plus come by and feed the fish or dismantle the aquariums, etc. It just seems so inconvenient to sell that property. Of course since DM is going to be in prison for 2-3 years even if 'innocent', and the property has some negative vibes coming from WM's death there, perhaps it was better to sell the property sooner rather than later.

Another property hits the market- 611-281 Woodbridge is on the market
http://www.remax.ca/on/vaughan-real-estate/611-281-woodbridge-ave-treb_n2744638-lst

Could I please just ask for some clarification as to how we know this is DM's condo? I know there are a few condos for sale in that building. That listing says unit 611, but your previous [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9571950&postcount=86"]post[/ame] said that it was unit 609 that DM owned.

Unit 609 in that building-one of properties transferred to MB after DM arrest.

I don't recall ever reading that he owned two condos there.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member