Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl was born at Foldens Corners (Ingersoll), so IMO the Woodstock/Ingersoll addys for D*** M Holdings and the D*** M Farms respectively, increases the chances they are related.

<rsbm>

FWIW, the document states the holding company was 100% owned by D*** M.

Yes, DM Holdings was obviously 100% owned by him. That holding company owned 74% of the shares in AirWave Transportation. The President/Pilot owned 25%.

I agree SB. Just a lot of circumstances.

In addition, the fact that the owner of a different company(Airwave) used that 2450 Derry Rd addy also, and he(the president/owner)also died violently/unexpectedly, and they too cancelled their AMO August, a year later. Same addy, violent death, head of company, AMO cancelled.

Heck of a coinkydink. Lots of oddity, tragedy etc. with that place and associates.

I'm confused, and I don't want to appear to twist anyone's words, so can someone please tell me what is being implied here?

Like it did for WW? Maybe he should investigate that family too.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/coincidences-are-funny-things.html

One thing I know for a fact is that AB was right about the Millard name in Ontario. And, trust me, they are not all related.

Given same surname, same business address, same geographical backgrounds, and recalling that Carl Millard used to fly horses to Kentucky ... I haven't reached any definite conclusions, but anyone is welcome to work on sleuthing it out and proving me wrong rather than simply indicating that I am.

Given same surname, same business address, same geographical backgrounds, and recalling that Carl Millard used to fly horses to Kentucky ... I haven't reached any definite conclusions, but anyone is welcome to work on sleuthing it out and proving me wrong rather than simply indicating that I am.

<modsnip> I don't think that it is that uncommon of a name, and even if they were somehow blood relatives, what does that person have to do with the murder of TB?

<modsnip> I don't think that it is that uncommon of a name, and even if they were somehow blood relatives, what does that person have to do with the murder of TB?

Okay ... goose>gander here. What do Carl Millard, AS, or the "nosey" neighbours, or Mr. Etobicoke, or unnamed LE or unnamed organized crime have to do with the murder of TB? This is the Millard properties thread. Millard companies were being discussed by other posters. One of those Millard companies is Millard Holdings. A google of Millard Holdings came up with a document containing an address that is associated with Carl Millard / Millard Air.

<modsnip>

Juballee, IMO, considering that there has been rumors on an aviation forum that Millardair lost a financial backer, resulting in them loosing the chance of getting a fuel contract prior to opening, IMHO, it is possible that WM may have had a financial backer of choice, someone who had invested with him previously. I don't know if we'll ever get the full story on the financial complexities of CM,WM,DM, Millardair and all the companies they had a hand in, but IMHO, this, once again, helps shift our perceptions to realize how complex their aviation business was and could have been. IMO, all the pieces are important-as long as the mods grant us that freedom!

I'm confused, and I don't want to appear to twist anyone's words, so can someone please tell me what is being implied here?

AD mentioned Airwave in post 856. That owner/president/mechanic owned an AMO/MRO(actually 2) Montreal and Toronto.(2450 Derry Rd Hangar 5)

Addy sound familiar? Same addy as DM.

The Airwave owner/president/mechanic/PIC lost control unexplainably at 16000 ft, along with his co- pilot. They died on impact with terrain.

The implication is as previously mentioned......lots of drama, tragedy, death, surrendering of AMO/MRO, owner death, business shutdown associated with 2450 Derry rd Hangar 5 and associates. Quite a coincidence eh?

AD mentioned Airwave in post 856. That owner/president/mechanic owned an AMO/MRO(actually 2) Montreal and Toronto.(2450 Derry Rd Hangar 5)

Addy sound familiar? Same addy as DM.

The Airwave owner/president/mechanic/PIC lost control unexplainably at 16000 ft, along with his co- pilot. They died on impact with terrain.

The implication is as previously mentioned......lots of drama, tragedy, death, surrendering of AMO/MRO, owner death, business shutdown associated with 2450 Derry rd Hangar 5 and associates. Quite a coincidence eh?

I really don't see it as being that big of a coincidence, actually. Pilots have a higher chance of dying in a plane crash than non pilots. The fact that he owned his plane, and died in it isn't a coincidence (there is no plane crash story associated with DM that we are aware of, is there?)

The fact that there were only so many places in Toronto to service a plane from a small charter at that time is not such a coincidence either. If you had a choice of a handful of businesses to chose from, and one had the same name as you, I bet most people would go with that one first, with a smile.

All death is tragic, and businesses go under at a high rate, no coincidence there either, in my opinion. Surrendering their MRO licence would have been just a part of it, not a coincidence. And where is the drama there? I must have missed that part if the story.

Following the money is easier to track on the WWW than following the crackhead. JMO

Juballee, IMO, considering that there has been rumors on an aviation forum that Millardair lost a financial backer, resulting in them loosing the chance of getting a fuel contract prior to opening, IMHO, it is possible that WM may have had a financial backer of choice, someone who had invested with him previously. I don't know if we'll ever get the full story on the financial complexities of CM,WM,DM, Millardair and all the companies they had a hand in, but IMHO, this, once again, helps shift our perceptions to realize how complex their aviation business was and could have been. IMO, all the pieces are important-as long as the mods grant us that freedom!

AND not to mention it all just may come full circle and lead back to some OC which others thought highly likely. ;) Keep digging! There may be a gold mine here maties.

I dont know all the details , but the way i understand it is WM had plans to be a fuel supplier as well .... and for some reason the deal collapsed.

Most likely it was the fuel company themselves , they get to decide who sells their product , on one hand they are eager to have a new outlet , but at the same time they do not want to oversupply and cause loss of sales for their other established dealers.

Not only that , fuel dealers have huge dollars tied up in inventory that changes from day to day and the dealer must be financially solid to accommodate it ..... eg a Boeing 747 holds over 225,000 liters of fuel ($190,000) .... fill 6 of those a week and you have a $million on the books .... what if the customer (airline) fails and they dont pay the bill ??

To be a fuel dealer , even on a smaller scale would have been a great score for WM , it would help attract business to the MRO etc. .... but the profit margins are pretty slender on fuel and if a few things go wrong it can be a real money looser.

Next time an airline goes bankrupt , take a look at what they owed their fuel supplier .... usually in the millions !!! Scary stuff !!!

I've reviewed the thread, and here's the deal. Generally, the rules allow us to sleuth victims and suspects. WM is a victim. DM is a suspect. The business affairs of either or both can be examined to a certain extent if a reasonable argument can be made for any potential relevance to the case. Also, public records available on the web that can be linked are open for discussion. Generally. There are always gray areas, and it's the job of the moderators to determine the exceptions.

If a member believes a post violates TOS, the member should alert or send a pm to a mod, and then move on. Raising objections in the thread, and telling other members what, or how, to post is considered argumentative, and is not allowed.

Considering the circumstances in this case, where the son is a suspect in his father's death, "sleuthing" the family assets is acceptable. In that regard, sorting out the who's who is okay, too. Digging into personal lives is not. Rule of thumb, if a fact has been reported by MSM, then it can be posted with the appropriate links. Likewise, as often is the case with high profile parties, facts considered "public knowledge" can be posted, too. Generally.

The fiance is off limits. The one name in question is this other "DM". Since it's been established that he is an actual living human being -- who is not a public figure, and has not been named in the media in relation to this case -- that discussion should end now. If anyone thinks otherwise, then please send me your reasons in a pm. Don't post them in the thread.

Thanks.

We haven't heard anything about SB having any legal representation or initiating a civil suit. I sure hope if she intends to do so, that someone will help get on track with regard to all assets that DM owns. Not sure what can or can't be done wrt the assets that have already been transferred into MB's name, but we haven't heard anything related to the farm or the hangar as yet.

If SB is considering a wrongful death suit, I hope she hasn't been advised to wait for the outcome in the criminal trial. If it takes too long to get to trial, it may take a civil suit outside the statute of limitations (which I believe in the case of wrongful death is 2 years "from the time at which you should have known"). In the meantime, whether she has decided at this time to launch a civil suit or not, she might want to consider getting an injunction to prevent any further movement of assets, and depending on how the corporate assets factor in, seek a reversal of any transactions that have already taken place.

http://www.perlaw.ca/en/newsroom/pu...rgency-injunctive-relief-by-ontario-courts-by

-and-

Ontario Courts of Justice Act
Section 40, Preservation of Rights in Pending Litigation
Interlocutory Injunction or Mandatory Order:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900194_e.htm

It sure burns my chaps to think that any transfers todate might be an attempt to deprive Tim's wife and daughter of an opportunity for compensation that Tim would have provided them had he not been so viciously taken from them. Nothing can replace Tim in their lives, but for SB to be able to remain at home and care for their baby girl as Tim would have done, is the only fair thing that can be done to somehow offset this terrible tragedy.

Update Oct. 22: Dellen Millard’s Riverside Drive property is no longer on the market and the Royal Bank has registered a $3.8 million charge against it, according to property records.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/08/dellen-millards-mother-sells-more-of-his-properties.html

I guess the creditors are getting their hands on their money before any one else does. I wonder if they can freeze bank accounts as well. Oh, won't the civil litigators be making money for years and years to come.

My guess is that Riverside property was mortgaged and the proceeds went toward venture capitol for development of the new hangar .... business men will often do it that way ... pledge one property as security for the loan ... the banks are eager because of the high value of the (secured) property and it is a simple straightforward transaction ... and it also allows the new MRO to be "debt free" which adds confidence to customers considering making contracts with a new upstart business .

To try to raise financing purely on the merits of the (proposed) MRO would be much more difficult ... it would require a financial prospectus that is "theory only" and bankers are reluctant to gamble on such new ventures until it is well established.

Assuming the RBC held a 3.8m mortgage on the riverside property the interest alone would be around $200k per year ... presuming there were 5 suites @ 1k rent yearly revenue would be about $60k leaving a shortfall of $140k to $160k per year if you include taxes and maintenance.

The eventual plan would be for the MRO to service the debt but with it closed and no tenants at riverside it could hemorrhage some serious cash from the other M funds.

My guess is to clean up that liability they hand title to the RBC in a foreclosure type deal and they are done with it . The mortgage holder will eventually get close to the amount required to cover the loan ... or a small loss which is just a normal part of everyday banking.

I have no inside knowlege of M's affairs but most likely something along those lines is what we are seeing here. M.family were unable to sell it on open market and the loan was likely getting stale and approaching default without a new injection of M cash

Thank you to ANN B for the riverside property info on her site
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/08/dellen-millards-mother-sells-more-of-his-properties.html

My guess is that Riverside property was mortgaged and the proceeds went toward venture capitol for development of the new hangar .... business men will often do it that way ... pledge one property as security for the loan ... the banks are eager because of the high value of the (secured) property and it is a simple straightforward transaction ... and it also allows the new MRO to be "debt free" which adds confidence to customers considering making contracts with a new upstart business .

To try to raise financing purely on the merits of the (proposed) MRO would be much more difficult ... it would require a financial prospectus that is "theory only" and bankers are reluctant to gamble on such new ventures until it is well established.

Assuming the RBC held a 3.8m mortgage on the riverside property the interest alone would be around $200k per year ... presuming there were 5 suites @ 1k rent yearly revenue would be about $60k leaving a shortfall of $140k to $160k per year if you include taxes and maintenance.

The eventual plan would be for the MRO to service the debt but with it closed and no tenants at riverside it could hemorrhage some serious cash from the other M funds.

My guess is to clean up that liability they hand title to the RBC in a foreclosure type deal and they are done with it . The mortgage holder will eventually get close to the amount required to cover the loan ... or a small loss which is just a normal part of everyday banking.

I have no inside knowlege of M's affairs but most likely something along those lines is what we are seeing here. M.family were unable to sell it on open market and the loan was likely getting stale and approaching default without a new injection of M cash

I suspect you're right Arnie and thank you for the explanation. So in other words, robbing Peter to pay Paul. I assume DM also did this to make that cash payment on the condo May 7th, but that's JMHO. ;)

It's a clearer picture now what is going on. Consolidating, paying off debts and trying to make a profit with the intention of having enough money to pay DM's defense. It will be interesting to eventually find out the faith of the hangar and the farmland property. IMO there is a reason why either has hit the market. Also in MOO if WM's death was an ongoing investigation (never closed) as it has been reported, I highly doubt his estate had/has been settled. They're working on it now though.

How much time does it take to settle an estate?
Settling an estate after someone dies can take a considerable length of time to complete, usually longer than you anticipate. Can it be settled in 6 months? Maybe, but it’s unlikely. 12 months? Sometimes, but in my experience it takes 12 – 18 months to settle most middle-class estates.“

http://seniorsboomersservicesallian...w-much-time-does-it-take-to-settle-an-estate/

I agree with you Arnie. DM was arrested in May-we're almost 6 months out now. I think that the rental income on a 6 plex in Toronto like that would be closer to an average of $1750. per unit. That would be an income of 11K a month. Taxes are showing to be 12K a year, so IMO, the property was probably producing $10K a month before expenses.

Even with that rent, if the mortgage payment was 200K a year, there's a substantial shortfall. MOO
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...t/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a (posting a screen shot of this page)

I would imagine that the bank is taking the necessary steps to call in their security. Kind of confusing though, because usually business owners assets are well protected from creditors and failed business dealings. In the AB article, it states that a 3.8 million dollar mortgage was registered on October 18th?

Can someone who's in jail take out a mortgage or is it the bank taking the property as security? One way would mean that DM was borrowing 3.8 million dollars for something by taking out a mortgage and the latter would be that DM already owed 3.8 Million and the bank was just swooping in to make sure that they got their money. Very interesting. Saddens me to think that the substantial fortune CM built over his lifetime seems to be evaporating right before our eyes. The part that I find even more confusing is that there doesn't seem to be any attempt to sell the hangar- or even sublet it out. That hangar must definitely be worth something and IMO, there would be operators interested in buying it or leasing it. Also, the 3 aircraft are still registered to Millardair. http://wwwapps2.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/ccarcs/aspscripts/en/quicksearch.asp MOO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.55.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 7.55.45 PM.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 8.01.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 8.01.37 PM.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 8
Where does it say the charge was registered October 18 or that any date is given? She doesnt indicate whether the charge is old or new, or am I missing something?

Has anyone considered it is no longer listed because it sold or may be in the process of being sold without actual transfer occuring as yet? Or are we relying on an MLS search? Moo.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member