Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And her cell phone was turned off what day?
Were the last calls made from her phone on the 14???

And her cell phone was turned off what day?
Were the last calls made from her phone on the 14???

it's being reported she called her mother on the 14th....i haven't seen actual phone records though, as to what phone she used....i would think she used her own cell phone though.....if her phone was turned off at some point on the 14th, this could be another reason LE thinks she was killed ON the 14th...

I tried to write this once, right after it was first on the air, but ran into the server problem and it never posted. Now I'm ready to vent again. I'm from a military family and still have lots of friends in the military so I don't have a bias against the military. But that presser still has me fuming at the "tude" they displayed against Maria. The spokesperson had a smurk on his face the whole time. I was just waiting for him to roll his eyes, when a few questions about Maria were asked. And when he discribed the suspect as a stellar marine, I wanted to scream. Common sense would help you edit your remarks and not describe the victim as "solid" and the accused as"stallar". The subtlety of the bias was GLARING to me. Then the comments in the Q&A. The NCIS guy was unethical in my opinion. He revealed Maria's inconsistent statements when she has no opportunity to explain because she's deceased! How damaging to her reputation that was. It was a smear campaign to cover their own butts. I've worked in a male dominated work environment and my husband works in law enforcement and the bias against women is alive and well and it makes me sick!! I think the USMC presser was an insult to the all the good people who serve in our military. JMHO:furious:

Thanks for letting me vent. I think I need to so shopping with SuziQ! Hey SuziQ, where to you live? Maybe we can shop online together!! I need to take a break from this...........

On the AMW site I saw a video of Maria at an ATM machine with a sweatshirt on and her hair pulled back..Is that what you are thinking of?

Right, that's the time she made a withdrawal for $700.00. Initially wanting to leave it appears and somehow thwarted by .on 12/14.

It's very common for women to have at least one false period at the beginning of a pregnancy. I had two. I'm not going with the Military on this one. They told Brown that she had gone to her December appointment. Wrong! She had gone to her November appointment. She was having a boy. Wrong again. They could very well have gotten the conception and due date wrong as well.

or if Maria was threatened into denying the rape, she would have "fudged" the date. Which I think is plausible. Babies are born early all the time.

First ones generally are late, which my doc told me.
My first one was on her due date....9pds...:eek:

good grief...we've been told LE was sure that Maria purchased this ticket:banghead:

another thing i find odd though....if Maria called her mother 3-4 times a day while at camp lejeune, then why on earth would she wait till May to tell her she'd been raped in March & April.....it sounds as if she was very close to her mother, to call her that much in a days time...

nothing whatsoever makes sense with the diff reports we've heard from day one, imo....cept that Cesar killed Maria...

I agree . We have to remeber all this information is coming from Maria's Mom who I would put any faith in what she says. Also there is so many dates that are diffrent in every repot it makes me sick.
Maria did not show up for the party then she did.Cell phone turned off on the14th. And reports that it had been used after the 14th.Cl leaving at 4 Am . Neighbor sees him at 6:30 taking her dog out.

First ones generally are late, which my doc told me.
My first one was on her due date....9pds...:eek:

Actually your right, my son was 2 weeks late.
:) 9 lbs that's a good sized baby! mine was almost 8lbs.

Now if she was 6 lbs. in Nov, make her 7lbs in December???

almost ready to conceive and provide DNA.

I tried to do some digging today at the Onslow County Offices on the description of the Lorean's house. I was actually looking for a description of how many rooms, square footage, garage information, etc. Here where I live, the infomation is very detailed. But this was all I could find.

Oh well, I think I did mention that I wasn't computer savy!! :bang:

It really didn't have much. But I did find that (get this) former John Edwards had purchased Lorean's home at 103 Meadow Trail at one time.

~Well then, IMO, THE BOOK needs to be re-written~

Once there are allegations of rape, ESPECIALLY if the alleged victim is PREGNANT as a result, then ONE of the individuals should be temporarily relocated to another base or assigned to another command off-base - until resolution has been achieved. Maria stated that she was raped while they were both ON DUTY in APRIL and THEN found out she was pregnant as a result in JUNE. At THAT TIME she should have been assigned elsewhere until her baby was born and thru DNA, at least paternity could determined.

THE MARINES pooh-poohed Maria and in subtle ways, made HER believe that they did NOT believe her. I am sure she was afraid to make waves any more than she had and just wanted to get thru her pregnancy in as much of an unobtrusive way as possible. She was NOT trying to make CL's life difficult and as such said to the NSIS that they were "ok" working on the same base together. She was hoping, I am sure, that by being agreeable and diplomatic and "nice" he and his buddies would leave her alone. It didn't work.

My Opinion

I completely agree. In no uncertain terms they should have moved Maria to another base.

I agree . We have to remeber all this information is coming from Maria's Mom who I would put any faith in what she says. Also there is so many dates that are diffrent in every repot it makes me sick.
Maria did not show up for the party then she did.Cell phone turned off on the14th. And reports that it had been used after the 14th.Cl leaving at 4 Am . Neighbor sees him at 6:30 taking her dog out.

Also, if my loved ones phone was turned off, I would have got on a plane and researched her whereabouts within 24 hours. Mary, although I think she tried, really screwed up!

KRT2:

As a mother myself, I have to agree with you that I also fee Mary did not react fast enough once she knew that there was a possibility that Maria was missing. Like you, I would have been there that day come he** water. Especially when she was alone and pregnant and Mary knew that Maria was being harrassed on based and that there had been allegation(s) of rape.

KRT2:

As a mother myself, I have to agree with you that I also fee Mary did not react fast enough once she knew that there was a possibility that Maria was missing. Like you, I would have been there that day come he** water. Especially when she was alone and pregnant and Mary knew that Maria was being harrassed on based and that there had been allegation(s) of rape.

Right, the timeline from 12/25 - 1/10 is unthinkable! Why was POD let to walk free and hardly questioned? Then oops he got away.....:bang:

I tried to write this once, right after it was first on the air, but ran into the server problem and it never posted. Now I'm ready to vent again. I'm from a military family and still have lots of friends in the military so I don't have a bias against the military. But that presser still has me fuming at the "tude" they displayed against Maria. The spokesperson had a smurk on his face the whole time. I was just waiting for him to roll his eyes, when a few questions about Maria were asked. And when he discribed the suspect as a stellar marine, I wanted to scream. Common sense would help you edit your remarks and not describe the victim as "solid" and the accused as"stallar". The subtlety of the bias was GLARING to me. Then the comments in the Q&A. The NCIS guy was unethical in my opinion. He revealed Maria's inconsistent statements when she has no opportunity to explain because she's deceased! How damaging to her reputation that was. It was a smear campaign to cover their own butts. I've worked in a male dominated work environment and my husband works in law enforcement and the bias against women is alive and well and it makes me sick!! I think the USMC presser was an insult to the all the good people who serve in our military. JMHO:furious:

Thank you for this candid response. The Marines at Camp Lejune are taking a hard hit from this. I bet they resent Maria more now than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe