Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, as that legal document says... (#18) ... she went with "legal counsel and a USMC Master Sergeant" ... which means she had to contact them, explain her story, and then wait for them to arrive to go with her.

She went with hubby to their lawyers the day before, correct?
Has it been said if it were civilian or military?
In any event, the legal relationship was already established.
Therefore, IMO, it's not a huge stretch to think that she would contact her legal representation after she found his note that morning, rather than calling 911. Just a thought... I'm not saying whether that was right or wrong.

Also, at least in LE agencies I'm aware of, officers are supposed to notify their chain of command if he/she is aware that it may bring tarnish against the agency. Most of the time when we've had officers in legal trouble, they will try to notify their supervisor first. Not all the time, but I'd say more than 50% of the time, they have done this.

I am not sticking up for Christina or saying this is why she had the delay; rather, just thoughts as to what her legal counsel may have advised her the day before, etc. More food for thought, really.

lol, from what I can glean from the Gretawire comments, the divining rod is being discussed. That it was used to detect disturbed earth. Well after looking at the sloppy job CL did on that lawn, a divining rod wasn't necessary!

SS, I was responding to Greta wire comments that was supposedly made on her show tonight. I was not responding to any other use for the divining rod. I have no opinion as to whether it's useful or not, except to say it can't hurt.

FMRUSMC~ I can't believe you watched ALL of Greta and decided honestly she knew nothing or did nothing. WTF?!

I didn't decide that honestly - she was missing for 7 hours - that is plenty of time to commit a crime of this sort and do an 'initial' cover up. Maria was released at 12 noon as well. What is her activity between 12 and 5 at the ATM. The command she is with is new and she really isn't imbedded with a whole lot of friends but she probably has some. She wouldn't have been drinking because with child the other Marines would have scoulded her.

Therefore, IMO, it's not a huge stretch to think that she would contact her legal representation after she found his note that morning, rather than calling 911. Just a thought... I'm not saying whether that was right or wrong.

Also, at least in LE agencies I'm aware of, officers are supposed to notify their chain of command if he/she is aware that it may bring tarnish against the agency. Most of the time when we've had officers in legal trouble, they will try to notify their supervisor first. Not all the time, but I'd say more than 50% of the time, they have done this.

I am not sticking up for Christina or saying this is why she had the delay; rather, just thoughts as to what her legal counsel may have advised her the day before, etc. More food for thought, really.

They went to the office of Mark Raynor. He is a local Jville attorney - civilian. I actually used to work for Mr. Raynor when I lived in Jville.

If I found that my husband possibly killed a woman and buried her...I would be scared to death even if he said she committed suicide. I would NOT have had to decide where to go with the information. I would be scared!! I would be at home OFF BASE alone with a baby. I would NOT call Dad, an Atty, and then go to the Base to tell them what was going on. No freaking way. I would dial 911.

The attorney that Christina went with Laurean to see was a civilian attorney in Jacksonville - Mark Raynor. This attorney supposedly told him after hearing the story that he would be facing the death penalty.

Yes I think the dog's a poodle/mix. The hair on the shoe looked like hair that had been on the floor and walked on, like at a salon where it'd be on the floor so it probably was from the dog.

Neighbors being shown now. CL had his uniform on when he left that morning?

I knew I forgot something! Yes, he had his uniform on and the sheriff said he went to work that morning and that he checked out early. Hmm, so what would have happened if Christina had found the note a little earlier and alerted the base command while he was still there? Lucky for him she slept in a little.:liar:

DEPUTYDAWG,
I totally agree.

Thanks Panthera ! :)

One shoe was in the garage and the other was in the backyard. I couldn't believe that LE didn't find them on their initial search of the property. Another thing that surprised me is seeing the wheelbarrow in the yard. I wonder if it was tested for dna ?

They went to the office of Mark Raynor. He is a local Jville attorney - civilian. I actually used to work for Mr. Raynor when I lived in Jville.

Thanks, I hadn't caught that detail earlier.

I didn't decide that honestly - she was missing for 7 hours - that is plenty of time to commit a crime of this sort and do an 'initial' cover up. Maria was released at 12 noon as well. What is her activity between 12 and 5 at the ATM. The command she is with is new and she really isn't imbedded with a whole lot of friends but she probably has some. She wouldn't have been drinking because with child the other Marines would have scoulded her.

From the looks of that garage, it wasn't used for parking vehicles. There is a very good possibility that Christina was not in the habit of going out to the garage. Perhaps there was nothing of significance in the house for her to see. It seems quite possible there was nothing for her to see and if she wasn't in the habit of checking out the garage, no reason for her to look in the garage at all. The body could have been left in place for a while and she might not even notice it then.

At 2:30 pm she talked to her "Mom". The only other person to say she was alive was at 5:00 pm when she bought the bus ticket to El Paso. Cesar says he was with her at the time.

The attorney that Christina went with Laurean to see was a civilian attorney in Jacksonville - Mark Raynor. This attorney supposedly told him after hearing the story that he would be facing the death penalty.

:blowkiss: Hi!

Well, was I the only one who hadn't caught this detail before? Ahhhh, forgive me. I didn't really start following this case until yesterday.

Mr. Raynor gave CL good advice, I'd say. (Well, other than the local DA supposedly coming to agreement with Mexico that CL wouldn't face the DP if he were returned from Mexico. Grrrrrr, since it's too early to agree to that, IMO.)

P.S. Good to see you!

:blowkiss: Hi!

Well, was I the only one who hadn't caught this detail before? Ahhhh, forgive me. I didn't really start following this case until yesterday.

Mr. Raynor gave CL good advice, I'd say. (Well, other than the local DA supposedly coming to agreement with Mexico that CL wouldn't face the DP if he were returned from Mexico. Grrrrrr, since it's too early to agree to that, IMO.)

P.S. Good to see you!
Everyone seems to be concerned about extradition and the DP. This belongs to the USMC first of all - his treatment there will be much harsher there - I promise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member