Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had two kids in two years...lol - I can remember all this stuff much too well. I was also nearly psychotically hormonal. I'm surprised I didn't whack anyone with a crowbar who asked me, "OMG - You're pregnant AGAIN?!". lol - I only have two kids, not twenty! :crazy:

LOL...

ok, i'm off to watch Greta's repeat...missed it the first time...
put the interview of the neighbor over on the links thread...(sorry if it was already over there)....wanted to make sure i could find it easily

later folks:)

No one is disputing the fact that they painted, only the part of someone saying they saw them painting.

"Neighbors claim to have seen Laurean's wife Christina painting the inside of her home recently, Sutherland [Sheriff's spokesman] said.
"There are some initial reports to suggest that neighbors saw Christina Laurean doing some of the interior painting done in the last month," he said."
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/18/missing.marine/?iref=mpstoryview

LOL...

ok, i'm off to watch Greta's repeat...missed it the first time...
put the interview of the neighbor over on the links thread...(sorry if it was already over there)....wanted to make sure i could find it easily

later folks:)

Oooh! Same here...thanks for reminding me! I wanted to see that and almost forgot. Catch y'all later. :)

Personally, I would have been up all night puking my guts out. Which I've done over things not quite so horrifying and alot less life altering.

Especially if there was blood on the walls and ceilings.

Apparently, there was also blood in the garage. Did she pull her car in there? Did either of them usually keep their cars in the garage.

And wasn't she expecting him to join her at the Christmas party that night? ..... Or did she know perfectly well that he was doing something else?

Laurean may have borrowed the shovel the day the neighbor said, but then broke it (the handle?) or it wasn't the kind he wanted and then went to buy a few more.

There's a photo somewhere of several (3-4?) shovels leaning against the house or the fence. It looks like they are all different types and sizes.

Neighbor's may be the the square one, that would be difficult to break ground. Or neighbor's was the small rounded one that didn't scoop much dirt.
Which ever... needed more shovels and of different shapes.
And so, he and his helpful good bud made a quick trip to Lowe's!

Hi Peace .. :)

Just an observation - I noticed the shovels leaning against the fence too. They were there during the timeframe that the Sheriff's dept, investigators and whoever else was there unearthing Maria's body.

Seems to me - that Cesar's new Lowes shovels or the neighbor's shovel he borrowed during the Dec. 16, 17th timeframe would not have still been outside in the back yard leaning against the fence on Jan. 11th, 12th.

Rum Tum

Especially if there was blood on the walls and ceilings.

Apparently, there was also blood in the garage. Did she pull her car in there? Did either of them usually keep their cars in the garage.

And wasn't she expecting him to join her at the Christmas party that night? ..... Or did she know perfectly well that he was doing something else?
From the photos/videos the garage was a single car garage, wonder if they used it for an extra room instead of parking one vehicle in there????

From the photos/videos the garage was a single car garage, wonder if they used it for an extra room instead of parking one vehicle in there????
It could be .... but I seem to remember the neighbor, Alander, when asked by the interviewer if he thought it was strange that someone would be painting the inside of their garage, that he agreed it was unusual.

Whew, thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I pulled that outta my *ss somewhere along the line.

I hope not .... because I heard it too! :crazy:

In fact, I heard him, in answer to a reporter's question, say that both incidents had happened on the base. Poor Maria ... I thought Marines were better than that.

woof! :eek:

For anyone who might not have seen this yet.

Friend in Marine case talks 2:40
In an exclusive talk, a friend says a slain woman was scared of the Marine wanted in her death. CNN's Randi Kaye reports
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2008/01/16/kaye.missing.marine.cnn
Somebody on either Greta or Nancy tonight brought this up and said they'd asked the Marines why, in light of this, the Marines said she wasn't afraid of him .... and that the Marines said they were not making any more statements on this case right now.

:chicken:

I just don't get why everyone wants to assume that she sat on this for a long time or helped him in this. She clearly has a conscience or she would not have called people she trusted (like her father) to discuss what to do about it. Assuming that it is true that she first learned about this late afternoon on the 10th, she really only sat on this info less than a day. Maybe only 12-16 hours. During that time, she had to come to grips with the information, pull herself out of denial, and seek the counsel of those she trusts. All the while, she also has to come to grips with the fact that her life as she knew it was now totally gone, and the man she had married was not the man she thought she had married. She has to start to process that he may be in trouble and that she will be a single mother, supporting a young child all by herself. That's a lot for someone to process in such a short time; I'd be surprised if she got any sleep at all that night.
In the LEGAL affidavit, it states that CHRISTINA LAUREAN told the officer that "On the MORNING of Jan. 10, 2008" she was told of the "suicide" and burial by her husband. She did not tell authorities until the next morning. This would be 24 hours which is a full day that she knew...not 12-16 hours. When you are told a woman is buried either in your backyard (I have not seen this, but instead have seen where it said in the woods nearby.), you call 911 (or in this case...told the atty. you were going to see so you could get away from him) and get immediate help for the situation. You don't hang out with your husband for the rest of the day, sleep next to him, and allow him to leave...then wait an additional few hours before calling the police or going to the commanders to turn in the "notes".

And what do the other "notes" say?! We have only heard about the one with the suicide and burial scenario.

Oh, I agree she probably didn't get any sleep that night...they were too busy planning his getaway and what she would do in the hours ahead. She knew just the amount of time he needed to carry out his plan to thwart LE capturing him. She was successful in this effort.

This link, if her due date was a month from the autopsy shows a conception date of April 24th.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html
There is a discrepancy about her conception and due date in reports. I have seen where she was due Jan. 8th, Feb. 14th, and other times in between.

My son was supposed to be born by C-section. By all the ultrasounds and tests done...the date set was prior to the actual due date. I went into labor one month and 4 days earlier than the scheduled date and had an emergency C-section instead. The OB admitted he was off by more than a month as my son was full term! So with all the data collected, a high-risk/high-priced OB, and the ultrasounds done...they were still wrong.

The autopsy should show exactly how old the fetus is and DNA will tell us who the father is. Until then all we can do is guess.

There has been NO mention by anyone including the roommate that she had ANY contact with another man. No mention of men calling her, men seeing her on a social level, or dating men, etc. If there was another possible "father" to the child...we should have heard about him before now because Cesar and Christina would have broadcast this everywhere!!

There is a discrepancy about her conception and due date in reports. I have seen where she was due Jan. 8th, Feb. 14th, and other times in between.

My son was supposed to be born by C-section. By all the ultrasounds and tests done...the date set was prior to the actual due date. I went into labor one month and 4 days earlier than the scheduled date and had an emergency C-section instead. The OB admitted he was off by more than a month as my son was full term! So with all the data collected, a high-risk/high-priced OB, and the ultrasounds done...they were still wrong.

The autopsy should show exactly how old the fetus is and DNA will tell us who the father is. Until then all we can do is guess.

There has been NO mention by anyone including the roommate that she had ANY contact with another man. No mention of men calling her, men seeing her on a social level, or dating men, etc. If there was another possible "father" to the child...we should have heard about him before now because Cesar and Christina would have broadcast this everywhere!!

Was saying they could be off from the beginning...
All I heard in the last week, they said 8 months...now is that a fact..........NOT.
My last 2 kids were 2 weeks early, 7 and 8 pds. People might say they were full term.
What I've haven't heard is how much did the baby wieghed at the time of death, which they could estimate. And who is the father.

That crossed my mind at some point too.

Guess Christina now knows he lied to her when he said he hadn't "had sex with that woman"! :rolleyes:

As a wife, she had a good inkling that he was the father from the first day she heard about it. Something in her gut HAD to tell her. It is just like when men cheat...you can "sense" it even if you have no proof. Now, after that she could choose to believe him...but deep down she knew he had sex with Maria.

Your a funny lady...well, denial from the Marines isn't surprising. It is no secret that Maria was not getting support from the higher ranks, comrades, or her family.

The roomate probably was the anyone that was concerned and worried about her.

He is absolutely the nice guy here. Too bad he had to go to California.
Maybe he could have helped in some way.

You hit it, Cl probably knew Dunham was going to California. CL planned this, not spur of the moment thing.
But something went wrong, she fought back. All that blood in 2 rooms, on the ceiling and walls.
The first hit didn't kill her. His plans of a clean kill went out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth