Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharlap:

"passing along some coffee and donuts".

Please wake up before you post as I don't have much time to try to decipher what the He** you are talking about! LOL

:crazy: I already had my coffee, but I wouldn't mind having a donut ! LOL

Pharlap:

"passing along some coffee and donuts".

Please wake up before you post as I don't have much time to try to decipher what the He** you are talking about! LOL

"Passing a unsweetend donut to Tica."

Your stress level is already up........don't want any sweetners to raise that level. :)

And the note stated she was going UA. He had seen Maria upset. He was also being stiffed as far as he knew, by a renter he was counting on. Durham has many reasons to start calling right away.

Maria had also left without giving him her key back.

I agree there were a lot of reasons for him to want to talk to her just out of concern.

As previously stated he knew she was upset. She took her clothes. She left a note. But she didn't leave the key so wasn't totally thinking.

As a friend I would want to talk to her about her decisions and IF she wouldn't answer and call me back, I'd worry whether or not she was ok. Especially is Maria always returned calls before.

I'm not sure where to post this. But I've been reading other threads where some have wondered about the paternity of the baby.

What I am about to reveal is very personal and not something I am proud of. But, it might be a scenario that Maria was in.

I was very much in love with a man (we both worked at the same place at that time) and we did have consensual sex. He broke off our relationship on the basis he was moving out of state. I was devastated.

I was out with a friend at a bar and proceeded to drink one too many to try to not "feel" my hurt. There was a person there that I had known for years and to make a long story short, we ended up at my place. We did end up in bed, and at one point I did say stop, but it didn't.

I found out I was pregnant, and whether I had just pushed the second incident out of my mind or what, I firmly believed "my love" was the father.

It was not until the baby was born, and I saw her "red" hair, did I realize that he wasn't. But it was the man I was with as mentioned above.

This might have in some way happened to Maria. Just throwing out things to help in what Maria might have been thinking/going through, etc.

Since Maria left almost all of her belongings behind, I can see why she'd keep a key ... she'd have to have access to the home to get the rest of her things.

How does everyone KNOW that Maria didn't return the key??

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

At this point, we’ll discuss a few things that occurred December 14th that the command did not know until sometime later. For example, when Sgt Durham arrives home from work, he finds a note left for him by LCpl Lauterbach stating, “I could not take this Marine Corps life anymore. So I am going away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maria.” Sgt Durham notices that some of her personal items are missing. She does not leave the house key behind. Sgt Durham calls LCpl Lauterbach’s sister concerning the note. Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA.” There is an ATM withdrawal of $700 from LCpl Lauterbach’s account. Transaction occurs in Jacksonville. Video surveillance confirms LCpl Lauterbach makes the withdrawal. The ATM information is not provided to the command until January 9th. Please remember LCpl Lauterbach was at work on Friday, was not required to attend the Christmas party, and therefore was not required to be at work until Monday morning.

How does everyone KNOW that Maria didn't return the key??

Durham said she didn't return the key. Or at least it was in a media article that he said that was one of the reasons for his concern.

Thanks golfmom. I guess I overlooked that somehow. I think the tip of my antler was in the way.

Seems odd that Maria would not elaborate on how long she is planning on being gone, I would have thought if it was me.......I would have added on, giong away for a while, but will be back to get the rest of my belongings.

That way, an explanation is given for why she did not leave the key.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Good morning everyone. I have my coffee here and I just might needs some calm me down pills too Little Deer:blowkiss: this case is really getting to me. I could barely sleep last night thinking about that poor girl and everything she was going through. It's all just so heartbreaking.:mad:

What do you mean see the real pregnancy test?!

We would all like to see real and actual documentation of everything. Unfortunately we don't get to. And you are correct, this autopsy is probably not going to be released anytime soon. If ever, IMO.

cali:

I hear you!!! I find myself waking up too much during the night and realizing that I am having a dream about Maria.

If we all don't have some RL time or utilized the Off Topic Thread often, we are going to end up CRAZY before too long!

And I will be CRAZY if this server stays "busy" all the time this weekend. We will probably not be hearing anything until Tuesday, as Monday is a State/Federal Holiday.

If CL abducted Maria from her house (and forced her to buy a bus ticket and withdraw money from her bank account and write the note) he (CL) had to get to Maria's house someway. Either he was dropped off OR he drove. Durham didn't see a different vehicle at his house when he found the note.

If CL's car was left at the house somebody had to help him pick it up. Even if it was a block away from Durham & Maria's house where Durham couldn't see it when he was finding the note and missing items and calling people, CL's car STILL had to get home somehow. Which meant CL would have needed help.

OR Maria willingly drove herself over to CL's house because a.) he'd lured her there with a promise of money b.) he lured her there with a promise of leaving his wife and running off to El Paso with her c.) he lured her there with a promise of having papers drawn up acknowledging paternity or somekind of BS

OR Maria just showed up at CL's saying she'd decided to keep the baby and was going off where her mother couldn't make her change her mind...and she needed money...????? Or she just drove over to say goodbye????

In my opinion, for some reason Maria decided to leave town and withdrew the money on her own, packed her clothes, wrote the note and all. OR CL had to have had help... (Not saying the help knew the reason CL needed a lift to his car, just that CL would need a ride.)

Yes! (grumbling to the server Gods) It is driving me crazy already as it is only Saturday morning! It can only go downhill from here. :'(

Unless CL got Maria to drive over to his house the second Christina walked out the door and headed for the party.

Cause snatching Maria and taking her and forcing her to write a note, pack her bags and driving her to get a bus ticket would take some time. After all that CL had to take Maria home, kill her, put the body somewhere and clean up.

BEFORE his wife got home.

Something for thought I haven't seen mentioned yet as a sypnoses on any of the threads.

Now, say your wifey pooh, hubby got the other woman preggers, we already know maria and caesar had a tumultous relationship, and I believe in the end maria was trying to get it together, leave him alone and prepare to have a stable home for the baby.

What has went against the grain is the wife attending caesars company's christmas party alone. This is a big clue in my mind the state of the condition of the hearts involved. What would be the first thing we would do as a married woman if if if given a chance to confront, face, mingle and rub it in to our so called enemy. The Other Woman. Show up at the christmas party, would be a few hours of rubbing it in, laughing, dressing up and looking your best with hubby in tow. NOt to mention the friends and support, just imagine the dynamics involved.

That would explain why Maria opted out of the unit's christmas party. It would also explain why caesar didn't attend. The tensions, arguments between xtina and caesar leading up to the party. He had to figure what messed up situation that would be, he knows enough about females to have figured that one out at least.

It being xtina's alibi just never made any sense to me as some in the media and here are stating. Just doesn't jive in my mind. I think caesar opted out too somewhere around the last few hours leading up to the party, especially when realizing maria wasn't attending and he tried to meet with her secretly and everything went hay wire. Or it could have been premediated at that point on.

I have not made my mind up yet whether it's premeditated or in the heat of anger, confusion and feelings of helplessness in not being able to resolve this threat and embarrassment to him.

I mean for xtina, the party was a legit means and reason she could hang up around maria and glare at the possibly pregnant other woman carrying her husbands child.

Kind of O/T, but here is a link to another case where people over the holidays dropped the ball resulting in a woman's death from her estranged husband. It wouldn't have prevented Maria's death, but she could have been found sooner and hopefully CL would have been in custody. From the below link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323970,00.html

"It was around the holidays, people were on vacation. It just seems like we were so close, but not close enough," said Pamela Booth, director of the branch of the district attorney's office that oversees the Pomona courthouse. "That's one of the really tragic things about this."
/**/
By all accounts, Thomas-Harris' death resulted from a holiday-related chain of unfortunate circumstances and missed opportunities.

ETA: It was the same type of Holiday lax that caused a medical error that cost my husband his life.

(Not saying the help knew the reason CL needed a lift to his car, just that CL would need a ride.)

OMG, that reminded me of my very senile relative that unwittingly helped his meth addicted son rob a bank. "Dad, I need a ride to go fill out job applications...".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe