Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shadow person also said Maria told her that she was scared of CL and that the person blew Maria off.

Thanx for your comments and opinions, USMCWife... and welcome!

There is one person who has been interviewed (in darkness, so as not to show her identity), in which she claims she knew both Laurean and Maria. She stated that Maria had told her that she and Laurean had been consensually intimate at the place where they both worked.

I realize this may be hearsay and not fully credible.

The woman also claims she wrote the most recent protective order.

But then Maria's uncle also claims to know for sure that Maria and Laurean did NOT have a friendly/close/intimate relationship.

So, you're right... only Maria and Laurean knew for sure what really happened.

Which leaves me :furious: :mad: :waitasec: :doh: and :banghead:

LOL your not alone on that one!

USMCWife, From the below linked article.

As the search widened for her suspected murderer, Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, initial autopsy results on Lauterbach's burned body, found buried in a North Carolina field, indicate that Lauterbach was eight-months pregnant with a baby girl, the official said.
Earlier reports from Lauterbach's hometown in Ohio had said the unborn baby was a boy, to be named Gabriel Joseph.
She had told her family she believed her unborn child was a boy based on an early sonogram. Officials say a second autopsy will be conducted by the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology.
In December, Maria also tooks steps herself to extend the protective order against CL. IMO, some if not alot of the information in the Marine timeline came from the very same people at the unit level that would not return civil investigators calls and the same group of people that waged a campaign of harassment and attacks on Maria.

I wasn't talking about the sex of the baby...I was wondering more about what the DNA evidence shows as to if Laurean was the father or not. If he's the father, then it would seem they violated the order for him to stay 1,000 ft away from her.

All this about a campaign of harassment and attacks have all been speculation so far. If that DID happen, there would be a huge case on hazing and certainly she would have told someone. If the girl is brave enough to report a rape, she would have reported a hazing. I have a neighbor who says he was falsely accused of hazing a while back. Even though it was just an accusation, he got into serious hot water over it.

People at unit level have no place returning calls to civil investigators. They follow a chain of command. It would be the same as the media calling a secretary at a large company to get information when they should be talking to the executives. :)

USMCwife: I responding to your comment about the conception date being in May. My feeling regarding not having the harasment reported is the same reason Maria recanted the rape charges...she didn't want to get slugged again if not worse. ETA: she got worse...

Funny how the unit level didn't contact Brass then, because the first Brass heard about any of this was when Brown contacted them because his investigators were frustrated by not getting cooperation from the Marine side.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on the accuracy of Mr. Arlander's account of dates. He said he had loaned a shovel to CL on the 16th (Sun) and we now know that was the date CL was on video at Lowe's buying a shovel among his purchases.

Perhaps he loaned him the shovel the day prior on the 15th?? He could have also been off on the dates he saw the fire prior to the barbecue on Christmas Eve.

Laurean may have borrowed the shovel the day the neighbor said, but then broke it (the handle?) or it wasn't the kind he wanted and then went to buy a few more.

There's a photo somewhere of several (3-4?) shovels leaning against the house or the fence. It looks like they are all different types and sizes.

Neighbor's may be the the square one, that would be difficult to break ground. Or neighbor's was the small rounded one that didn't scoop much dirt.
Which ever... needed more shovels and of different shapes.
And so, he and his helpful good bud made a quick trip to Lowe's!

I kinda like the neighbor and want to believe he saw what he says and is correct on the dates.

He usually follows up his statements with, "I know this happened on/at such and such date/time, because it's when I/my wife/the kids always.... "

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on the accuracy of Mr. Arlander's account of dates. He said he had loaned a shovel to CL on the 16th (Sun) and we now know that was the date CL was on video at Lowe's buying a shovel among his purchases.

Perhaps he loaned him the shovel the day prior on the 15th?? He could have also been off on the dates he saw the fire prior to the barbecue on Christmas Eve.
I've also thought that he could also have been off by a day on the 6:30am sighting of CL leaving home, like Thursday morning instead of last Friday?

Cheating in the military is a HUGE thing. They supposedly have strict rules and regs regarding it but it's never stopped anyone. I would not be surprised at all to find out that Maria and carried on an affair. As for Christina's alibi (christmas party) honestly that means squat to me & proves nothing. p.s wanted to add that hubby was telling me about a guy in his unit who has a kid by another lady and his wife has no idea..The kid is 7 yrs old. He sends $ and visits... Why couldn't just of done that? Why did he have to kill her? I'm not saying it's right but there was so many other alternatives! Maybe not having sex with anyone except his wife for starters!!

Thanx for your comments and opinions, USMCWife... and welcome!

There is one person who has been interviewed (in darkness, so as not to show her identity), in which she claims she knew both Laurean and Maria. She stated that Maria had told her that she and Laurean had been consensually intimate at the place where they both worked.

I realize this may be hearsay and not fully credible.

The woman also claims she wrote the most recent protective order.

But then Maria's uncle also claims to know for sure that Maria and Laurean did NOT have a friendly/close/intimate relationship.

So, you're right... only Maria and Laurean knew for sure what really happened.

Which leaves me :furious: :mad: :waitasec: :doh: and :banghead:

Thanks for the warm welcome! And I hate these unsolved cases with so many ends left untied and so many different reports! It's enough to drive you crazy.

I was shocked they let the female Marine say so much! They had a media censor sitting in when I did an interview in my home with a television network last year. Several times, the media rep from base stopped me and said, "You are not allowed to say that." and had them erase it from the tape...and all I admitted to was that the military healthcare system could be better and isn't perfect! :( He later apologized to me and said it was just his job.

I wonder why they let her say so much on camera? Especially about a murder case. Even though she was blacked out...you could still tell who she is if you knew her.

I've also thought that he could also have been off by a day on the 6:30am sighting of CL leaving home, like Thursday morning instead of last Friday?

I think everyone has been off a day! Someone needs to get everyone involved a good calendar. :banghead:

People at unit level have no place returning calls to civil investigators. They follow a chain of command. It would be the same as the media calling a secretary at a large company to get information when they should be talking to the executives. :)

They didn't follow the chain of command, though. Whoever answered the phone at the unit when the sheriff's investigator called should have referred the call the the first sergeant, who should have referred it to the unit's CO, and so on up to wherever it should stop. I don't think anyone higher than the unit level ever heard of the calls. In fact, I don't think anyone higher up than whoever answered the phone ever got the message from the sheriff's investigator.

If the media wants to talk to an executive, unless they know who he is and his personal number, they're going to have to count on a receptionist, then a secretary, then another secretary and on up to the executive.

Same here as he was relaying what his wife said, NOT what he had seen and when.

Thanks for the warm welcome! And I hate these unsolved cases with so many ends left untied and so many different reports! It's enough to drive you crazy.

I wonder why they let her say so much on camera? Especially about a murder case. Even though she was blacked out...you could still tell who she is if you knew her.

The woman interviewed said she was no longer in the MC. She said she wrote the P.O. just before leaving and going civilian.

The lady you are talking about is no longer a Marine. Once A....
yeah yeah I know! But she is not in the Marines any longer! :crazy:

I was shocked they let the female Marine say so much! They had a media censor sitting in when I did an interview in my home with a television network last year. Several times, the media rep from base stopped me and said, "You are not allowed to say that." and had them erase it from the tape...and all I admitted to was that the military healthcare system could be better and isn't perfect! :( He later apologized to me and said it was just his job.

Cheating in the military is a HUGE thing. They supposedly have strict rules and regs regarding it but it's never stopped anyone. I would not be surprised at all to find out that Maria and carried on an affair. As for Christina's alibi (christmas party) honestly that means squat to me & proves nothing. p.s wanted to add that hubby was telling me about a guy in his unit who has a kid by another lady and his wife has no idea..The kid is 7 yrs old. He sends $ and visits... Why couldn't just of done that? Why did he have to kill her? I'm not saying it's right but there was so many other alternatives! Maybe not having sex with anyone except his wife for starters!!
And another thing, why did he have to kill her without even knowing she was carrying his child? Unless of course there was an ongoing sexual relationship?

I know...it's all sad because this didn't have to happen. I think Maria, being only 20 years old probably fell for Laurean. He sounds like he could be quite the charmer...and then he probably dropped her cold. I would think all her hurt and anger could make her file a report against him for what had before been consensual. Poor girl.

He's the biggest alive, right now...except for those parents who kill their kids. :furious: I can't even read those stories.

I'm not pointing any fingers at Christina yet until more info comes out...and I'm sure it will...I just wish it would hurry up already! Right now, I just want to see behind these things: :behindbar

And another thing, why did he have to kill her without even knowing she was carrying his child? Unless of course there was an ongoing sexual relationship?

I will be very surprised if that is not his baby! If it's not, I think he sure believed it was. An ongoing relationship would explain a lot about Maria's changing stories. The rapes could be in the nature of date rapes. And we know from being on here, if nothing else, that very often people have ongoing relationships with people they are afraid of.

On the video on the news, (probably Fox because that's what I usually watch) it shows them pulling the gurney up out of the hole in the ground and the guy on the right side about falls coming up out of the hole. They tried to blur it, but for just a half a second, it shows what is probably her head, and it looked all black. I remember thinking - she had BLONDE hair, but it was probably from being burned.

That poor girl...

Yes, I commented on this video several days ago. It is terrible that they keep showing that, especially as Maria's family and friends probably are watching these news shows and updates. On the Nancy Gace show they repeat this video over and over.

It breaks my heart to look at her pretty face on the photo of her, and then to see that video of her burned head is just awful. Poor Maria and her baby.

Oh God exactly! The baby may not even be his and if it's not then what was his motive? But yeah maybe it was an ongoing sexual relationship and there was just no way of him knowing if the baby was his or not..As of now I am leaning towards the baby being his and the wife was involved in the murder..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth