Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point in discussion if there is no interest in the questionable timeline of the last persons to see the teenagers alive?

Let’s clear their names via timeline and alibi, and move on.

If it checks out, then we’ll move on to all the POIs whereabouts that night/morning.

Otherwise, what, continuance of guess?

What is the point in discussion if there is no interest in the questionable timeline of the last persons to see the teenagers alive?

If it checks out, then we’ll move on to all the POIs whereabouts that night/morning.

How do you suggest we move forward? Do you plan on asking them to come on here and explain where they were? Or are you going to base your opinion on the jumbled and contradictory timelines printed in the papers? Which would you put more faith in?

I know through personal experience how many times the media have gotten crucial details wrong about me. Whether it be through shoddy reporting or deliberate misinformation told to them by police, I have zero faith in the accuracy of what they report.

If you can get any of the last people to see the girls alive to come on here and answer your questions, I would be more interested.

How do you suggest we move forward? Do you plan on asking them to come on here and explain where they were? Or are you going to base your opinion on the jumbled and contradictory timelines printed in the papers? Which would you put more faith in?

I know through personal experience how many times the media have gotten crucial details wrong about me. Whether it be through shoddy reporting or deliberate misinformation told to them by police, I have zero faith in the accuracy of what they report.

If you can get any of the last people to see the girls alive to come on here and answer your questions, I would be more interested.

Realistically, it shouldn’t be a random like myself with no connection to MO to question why MH doesn’t even remember where he was the morning of. Or why he disposed of glass at the Judges’. Or why JK shifts timelines.

My question being, why in the world aren’t you, above all, not hellbent on their actions that day?

Realistically, it shouldn’t be a random like myself with no connection to MO to question why MH doesn’t even remember where he was the morning of. Or why he disposed of glass at the Judges’. Or why JK shifts timelines.

My question being, why in the world aren’t you, above all, not hellbent on their actions that day?
Because I don’t think they were involved in the disappearance.

There's been so much muddying of the waters in this case that it's hard to keep track of the facts. Mike and Janelle were cleared of any suspicion, and to me, that's enough. Why would someone with the ability to make three women disappear need two random teenagers to help them cleanup/stage a crime scene? That's just asking for trouble, and the more small players there are in a crime like this, the greater likelihood that somebody talks.

Regarding the discrepancies in the timelines.. I don't think that's purely down to Janelle. I don't think it matters a great deal, either. Whether her first call came at 7.30am or 9am, we know the perp(s) and women would likely have been miles away by that point. I don't think there's much else to support the theory that they were somehow involved in this. The porch globe, again, something that's been picked apart over and over. When you lose a piece of evidence like that it's easy to assume it's more substantial than it might have been. And, it didn't even need to be mentioned to police if Janelle and Mike were the first ones at the house that morning. They had an opportunity to remove all evidence of its existence - yet they told the police. Same goes for the phone calls and purses, and various other details that Janis McCall also verifies.

Last edited:
Do you think they could know something important without realizing it?
I’m sure they have racked their brains for the last 26 years trying to figure out if they missed some little detail or remember if something was suspicious. Same as I have and I think the same as everyone connected to this case has. Just as I have little doubt that they would tell the police anything right away if they thought it would help.

I’m sure they have racked their brains for the last 26 years trying to figure out if they missed some little detail or remember if something was suspicious. Same as I have and I think the same as everyone connected to this case has. Just as I have little doubt that they would tell the police anything right away if they thought it would help.
Are the police now different than they were in 92 or 93?

Exactly!

I think the #1 reason why this case has never been solved is the fact that the perpetrator(s) were probably stranger(s) to the victims.

Are the police now different than they were in 92 or 93?

They seemed pretty incompetent back then. While they were looking to arrest me for the graveyard vandalism, after I got back from Chicago I hid right under their noses for over a month. I would have some fun by going up to cops that I saw and asking them for a light for my cigarette or if they knew what time it was, knowing they wouldn’t recognize me. Eventually I got tired of being on the run, got a random cop that was driving by to stop by flipping him the bird and I turned myself in. Who knows how long I could have continued to avoid them if I hadn’t? I hope they have gotten better at their jobs but I doubt it.

Because I don’t think they were involved in the disappearance.

What leads you to believe this? Do/did you know them on a personal basis, or have any contact with them post event?

So, to recap we currently have JK home after 2+ am - her mother as her alibi. MH, last I checked, did not remember where he was from, what, 2+ am - 7+ am?

Who else would have been in this group that needs to be accounted for, SA?

I guess we can continue on to timeslines + alibis regarding who I assume are/were POIs - in the graveyard vandalizers - MC, DR, and JR. I believe the only mention I’ve read on this is a possible concert attendance, but I could be wrong on this account.

I thought the timeline ordeal was squashed
What leads you to believe this? Do/did you know them on a personal basis, or have any contact with them post event?

So, to recap we currently have JK home after 2+ am - her mother as her alibi. MH, last I checked, did not remember where he was from, what, 2+ am - 7+ am?

I guess we can continue on to timeslines + alibis regarding who I assume are/were POIs - in the graveyard vandalizers - MC, DR, and JR. I believe the only mention I’ve read on this is a possible concert attendance, but I could be wrong on this account.
MC/DR were at concerts then passed out at Mike’s sister’s and theirs apartment.

Two newspaper articles say JR was in town but Mike and others claim he was in Illinois. Asher can’t even verify if he passed a polygraph—another odd thing.

I believe SA slept in. I am not sure how he can be guilty as we all know Jeeps seat 4. 3 women + SA? Not buying it.

Hurricane’s posts cleared up timeline issues with JK/MH I thought.

What do you mean the timeline was squashed?

It’s definitely of more help with specifics: Where was the location of the concert, which band/s played, can anyone confirm those 2 were in attendance, time they returned home etc, etc.

How did the newspapers pick up that JR was in town, but some locals say he was in Illinois - where he lived(?) Did anyone notice him at a certain party the night of?

“What leads you to believe this?”
Common sense and rational thought. Too many people would have to have been involved and one or more of them would have messed up by now.

Where Dusty and I were that night has been discussed extensively. There were about 50 people at the show that knew us and saw us there. It was at the Community Center on Commercial Street. Cyanide Rainbow was the band. After the show we helped the band load out and take their equipment back to the practice pad on Walnut Street then Dusty and I drove home to my sisters apartment, arriving between 1 and 1:15am. Dusty passed out on my sisters bed, I stayed up and when my sister arrived between 1:30 to 1:45am we played a few hands of cards then went to sleep.

Joe was in Illinois.

They seemed pretty incompetent back then. While they were looking to arrest me for the graveyard vandalism, after I got back from Chicago I hid right under their noses for over a month. I would have some fun by going up to cops that I saw and asking them for a light for my cigarette or if they knew what time it was, knowing they wouldn’t recognize me. Eventually I got tired of being on the run, got a random cop that was driving by to stop by flipping him the bird and I turned myself in. Who knows how long I could have continued to avoid them if I hadn’t? I hope they have gotten better at their jobs but I doubt it.
I'm going to hope they didn't know what you looked like. That's not really on the run as much as walking around town waiting to be arrested lol. Did they have a photo of you or were you known to any of them? I don't mean in an illegal way just in did you know some of them from school or w/e? It's not like they were lighting cigarettes for Ted Bundy, still not great though. They didn't seem able to handle this case and most places couldn't. Did they hang on to it or interfere out of pride?

“What leads you to believe this?”
Common sense and rational thought. Too many people would have to have been involved and one or more of them would have messed up by now.

Where Dusty and I were that night has been discussed extensively. There were about 50 people at the show that knew us and saw us there. It was at the Community Center on Commercial Street. Cyanide Rainbow was the band. After the show we helped the band load out and take their equipment back to the practice pad on Walnut Street then Dusty and I drove home to my sisters apartment, arriving between 1 and 1:15am. Dusty passed out on my sisters bed, I stayed up and when my sister arrived between 1:30 to 1:45am we played a few hands of cards then went to sleep.

Joe was in Illinois.
This probably has been talked about but sometimes you get lumped together. Did someone confirm Joe was where he said he was? He seems like a bit of a shady character.

I think the #1 reason why this case has never been solved is the fact that the perpetrator(s) were probably stranger(s) to the victims.

I always thought the reason was because they were looking in the wrong direction. They seemed distracted by the people with criminal backgrounds and punk kids. IMO they overlooked some people because they thought of them as “nice guys” and friends and did not notice things they should of looked into more. I really think the people/person that did this has not been talked about much on here or other forums.

Last edited:
They are all different people. Differ

I always thought the reason was because they were looking in the wrong direction. They seemed distracted by the people with criminal backgrounds and punk kids. IMO they overlooked some people because they thought of them as “nice guys” and friends and did not notice things they should of looked into more. I really think the people/person that did this has not been talked about much on here or other forums.
I do not believe they were looking at kids. It all comes down to the ability, experience, and know-how to pull off the crime. Kids usually had no plans. And if they did play a role, people with power and criminal ability stepped in to cover up and control beyond the murder.

Last edited:

I do not believe they were looking at kids. It all comes down to the ability, experience, and know-how to pull off the crime. Kids usually had no plans. And if they did play a role, people with power and criminal ability stepped in to cover up and control beyond the murder.

Considering that everyone passed the polygraph test except for one man brings the question why the police asked him to make the test ?
there are 2 possibilities: 1. this person was familiar to Suzie or Sherrill 2.he was known by his criminal activity , or both possibilities are correct . If we knew why the police felt the need to make the test to this specific person then we might have more clues and maybe it would bring us closer to understand what really happened that day.

Of course if this person failed the test not because he had part in the disappearance
but because he was too nervous than we are again in the dark regarding the disappearance.

But I tend more to believe that maybe the police already see in him as very strong suspect , they just don't have enough evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members