Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice words, MM. I haven’t heard that stuff about Webb before.

I still can’t understand why a LEO would pick a night where there are 3 cars in the driveway — of which, one would have been uncommon. Being tipped off is the only logical explanation if this theory works.

Also, why did Sherrill go looking for her daughter when it was stated the girls were staying elsewhere? She was obviously notified of Suzie’s immediate danger — which turned out true. But how?

I’d gander Sherrill was lured out, so intruders could ‘check-in’ and wait for her to return — if the 3MW even made it home to begin with that morning.

Edited**
I question whether Suzie and Stacy made it into that house. If the Sherrill sighting is true, as you said her daughter was in danger, that means either someone called her for help or lured her out of the house. Suzie could have called her for a ride or because something happened at a party or on the way to one. I thought it was weird that they would take two cars when they were planning to meet up with friends in the morning which was only hours away. It seems like on a night where people are partying and cops are out why would you take the chance of driving two cars?

I do not buy this big conspiracy that the women were abducted away from Delmar.

Way too many moving parts for that to work flawlessly.
It can't be any more complicated than taking three women out of a house without any sign of a struggle. There are three women different ages different relationships - there are always parts that don't seem to add up.

Because they each had a car and no one wants to get "stranded" at the will of someone else about coming and going , especially a teenager with her own set of wheels.
That makes sense but if you are supposed to be up in a few hours it seems weird. Driving with people can be more fun. If you don't want to leave your car maybe there is a reason. idk

Three small women. Sherrill was five foot even. The tallest was five'three". And if they never got home, how exactly were three cars staged there? Why even bother?

Three small women. Sherrill was five foot even. The tallest was five'three". And if they never got home, how exactly were three cars staged there?
Driven by people. If that's what happened someone dropped off the cars and probably purses. You would need 3 people if you are dropping off two cars and driving back to where ever. Is it possible the girls dropped their cars off and were picked up by someone else?

I do not buy this big conspiracy that the women were abducted away from Delmar.

Way too many moving parts for that to work flawlessly.

Which may very well be true. I do believe LE did mention something along the lines that the house could have possibly been staged, however. And that lead car in the circular driveway — which is essentially parked on the grass — has always stood out like an eyesore to me.

Which may very well be true. I do believe LE did mention something along the lines that the house could have possibly been staged, however. And that lead car in the circular driveway — which is essentially parked on the grass — has always stood out like an eyesore to me.
I've also wondered if someone pretending to be a cop could have pulled them over as they were getting home. Women are often told to pull over in a gas station or public place. If you were near the house you would pull in there. I'd like to know why the Sherrill sighting was dismissed. The length of hair hopefully wouldn't be enough.

I think that dismissing Sherrill as the possible victim of a sexual attack because of her age and appearance, especially when stacked up to the youth and freshness of the two graduates is extremely narrow sighted and misleading. A sexual attack isn't about sex as much as it is about POWER and CONTROL and HUMILIATION using sex as a weapon. Rape is unto sexual attraction as killing someone with a frying pan is unto cooking.

True story, I had a nurse associate whose 90 year old double amputee grandmother was raped. Dead true.

One might want to concentrate on who had the motive. If someone higher up the food chain feared information would leak out in court, such as corrupt police officials, that is a pretty strong motive.
Why does it have to involve any corrupt police officers? It could be many different things that don't involve corrupt police officers. And they would be equally as plausible, if not more.

I think that dismissing Sherrill as the possible victim of a sexual attack because of her age and appearance, especially when stacked up to the youth and freshness of the two graduates is extremely narrow sighted and misleading. A sexual attack isn't about sex as much as it is about POWER and CONTROL and HUMILIATION using sex as a weapon. Rape is unto sexual attraction as killing someone with a frying pan is unto cooking.
I think it's being dismissed due to lack of evidence. And, police don't think this was a sexually motivated crime, according to the news reports from back then, and now.

If you like Webb, he’s the one who always thought the GRs and “Satanism” played a role in the disappearance...
It was also Det. Webb who later stated that at least one person or more, their alibis were never able to be either confirmed nor denied. Which in police talk means, who ever he was referring to was still considered a suspect. I do know that MH's alibi could not be confirmed nor denied even after three solid months of investigation by the likes of the FBI, SPD, GCSD, S.W. Mo. Organized Crime Task Force, etc. Not that he is who police were referring to. They were referring to someone though? Webb didn't just say those things to hear him self talking.

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>

The discussion regarding this case seems to be circular. I wish people would drop the discussion about JK and MH; there is no realistic possibility that they were involved in the crime in any way (beyond carelessly contaminating the crime scene). Neither one of them was even remotely capable of pulling this off.

If DR did this, I don't think he did it alone; I think there would have been an older accomplice directing things. DR is a follower, not a leader.

If this was a premeditated sex crime, Suzie was probably the target. (Stacey didn't live there, but someone might have followed the girls to the house that night.) Few sexual predators would go after someone Sherrill's age.

If this was a contract hit, then I think Sherrill, not Suzie, was the target. The plan may have been to simply kill Sherrill in the home because she was supposed to be alone. The lackeys who were supposed to carry out the crime may have abducted the women simply because they were only capable of following orders, not making decisions, and they didn't know what to do once the two girls showed up.
However you can't deny that it is peculiar that after three whole months of investigation, by some of the best of the best, MH's alibi could still not be verified for the early morning hours of the 7th, until the late hours of the 7th when police were called and parents showed up. And he and JK's stories didn't match and caused police to have to interview them multiple times because their timelines didn't match up. Also something that was discussed by police in the early news reports from Springfield News Leader.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m still in the dark regarding the potential of a corrupt LEO/s. Is there any basis for this — such as a motive by an officer?

Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but it’s starting to sound like a ruse.
Statistically speaking, this is the least likely scenario. Look up the statistic on the FBI's website if you don't believe me.

I think Sherrill has gotten almost blamed at times for being single and attractive. I agree with you about rape being about power. Nothing should be ruled out but acting like she lived a risk lifestyle when there is nothing to suggest that, just seems wrong. I'm not saying you have done that but other people have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc