Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop the generalized discussion about what motivates sexual assault. And by please stop, I mean continuing to post on this topic will result in a TO. If you want to discuss how SA may or may not have been an element of this crime in your opinion, that is fine. Thanks

Hi!
I am a new member here and I read on here that Dusty had a girlfriend whose mother was In a relationship with garrison. Who were these women?

Excellent question. If Garrison is involved, then I guess it’s safe to assess that Dusty is the glue that binds the two parties.
-
Has it been noted where Garrison was found after his Houdini act?

dna has become these type of predators worst nightmare and it does happen all the time.
maybe one day there will be some evidence advancement with this case.
god knows we need something.

That was a hope due to 'touch DNA' is sometimes all that is needed to get a hit.
I 'assume' SPD tested all the physical evidence they obtained....

Back in those days, I doubt that touch DNA was even a thought. I somewhat wonder if ANY evidence was saved or retained in this case.

The answer machine?

Door knobs?

The cars?

The purses?

Even the house could have been retained for further clues.

What could DNA prove?

20 people at that house before reported. Over 40 or so invited over in the two months she lived there.

Plus how could DNA prove a crime at an abduction? No bodies or murder. DNA is only helpful as a lead but it would never be evidence in a conviction unless there’s unreported blood or something found.

If the perpetrator(s) handled the purses Springfield man. There could have been DNA left behind.

Same as if a perpetrator(s) moved one of the vehicles, or simply just touch something around the house.

If the perpetrator(s) handled the purses Springfield man. There could have been DNA left behind.

Same as if a perpetrator(s) moved one of the vehicles, or simply just touch something around the house.
Any lawyer would fight that and maybe even get it thrown out. Without bodies, how is there proof the DNA wasn’t there on innocent conditions?

I was talking in terms of finding a suspect(s), not running a prosecution. Your jumping somewhat ahead.
Well, again I’m certain the cops know who did this, considering how specific the target of their anniversary articles are. You have to consider things of the prosecution because you have to eliminate all possibilities. DNA doesn’t do much for you in an abduction location where many have come and gone. Need bodies or some kind of physical proof (pictures, etc.)

If the police knew who did this they would have shared it with us by now Springfield man. There would be no reason to keep it a secret.

If the police knew who did this they would have shared it with us by now Springfield man. There would be no reason to keep it a secret.
I disagree. There’s plenty of examples of cold cases being solved with suspects known since early days and where it wasn’t publicly known.

And why would they jeopardize the case letting perps on the street their suspicions.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Excellent information. Do you know what Sherrill’s address was prior to Delmar? I believe she also lived in an apartment complex before.

On FamilyTreeNow, I’m showing the following addresses for Sherrill:

Rr 1
Strafford, MO 65757
(Nov 1992 - Jun 1996)

1717 E Delmar St
Springfield, MO 65804
(Apr 1992 - May 2002)

1281 Heritage Rd
Strafford, MO 65757
(Oct 2005)

272L Rr 1
Strafford, MO 65757
Current Address

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the identity known of the two concrete workers in Webster county who police believed could have been involved - drove a similar van?

I remember an article saying these two fled after the women went missing - which seems to be a common theme in this case.

Is the identity known of the two concrete workers in Webster county who police believed could have been involved - drove a similar van?

I remember an article saying these two fled after the women went missing - which seems to be a common theme in this case.
Yes they are known.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I can confirm that their names are Jamie and Judy. I can also correct the misinformation about Dusty dating JW when the 3MW disappeared. That is incorrect. Dusty and JW broke up before Dusty and Suzie started dating. Then got back together for a week or two after Dusty and Suzie broke up in March of 92. Dusty and JW had been split up for a couple of months when the women went missing.

All the other stuff, I don’t know if it’s true or not. It’s all just stuff I read on the internet.

Edit: added DR/JW dating timeline info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads