Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And gets away with it with no trace?

I don't buy it for this crime. Different circumstances. However I do believe there was a mastermind in this crime.

Show me where three adult women are taken AT ONCE and no bodies and no blood are found by one person.

If there is an actual location anymore. There are ways to dispose of bodies so there is no evidence at all. I'd prefer not to go into detail but it's very possible and plausible.

Cosmetologists and hairdressers also typically get tipped cash. Service providers who receive tips are required to report them as income for taxing but many, if not most, do not for obvious reasons. Depending on the time of year - like holidays or even the upcoming graduation of the daughter of a favorite stylist - has the potential to bring even larger cash tips in. There is no way of knowing exactly how much money Sherrill netted at her profession.
Joe Tate owned the salon, had a big client list as well, and he didn't live the same way. Just saying...

If there is an actual location anymore. There are ways to dispose of bodies so there is no evidence at all. I'd prefer not to go into detail but it's very possible and plausible.
Yes, someone was able to do it very early and not get caught. And keep from getting caught.

Joe Tate owned the salon, had a big client list as well, and he didn't live the same way. Just saying...

Owning the salon means a larger cash outlay as well i.e. building rental, water, power, stylists that are employed versus those who may rent a chair or space, product like shampoo, dye and conditioner and other various and sundry expenses. Just saying ....

Owning the salon means a larger cash outlay as well i.e. building rental, water, power, stylists that are employed versus those who may rent a chair or space, product like shampoo, dye and conditioner and other various and sundry expenses. Just saying ....
MH, (her name is on the Heers ad) her co-worker who won multiple state cosmetologist awards and worked at the same salon. She also lived pretty modestly in a tiny house in Bolivar at the time. Others were really young or married so I didn't count them.

I understand your point but I still don't think that how modestly or deeply in debt someone may live is valid as to making Sherrill the victim of a kidnap murder.

I understand your point but I still don't think that how modestly or deeply in debt someone may live is valid as to making Sherrill the victim of a kidnap murder.
It's the aggregate and sum of all things. It would be narrow minded to think this was the only lead and not one of many that point to one overall entity.

It's the aggregate and sum of all things. It would be narrow minded to think this was the only lead and not one of many that point to one overall entity.

And this makes up the puzzle that keeps us looking for missing piece. I have no doubt there is one that would make everything come together.

We actually are not arguing semantics. Knowing a person and knowing of a person are two very different things. He was asked if they knew each other and he answered correctly to that statement.
Ooook, If you say so. What ever makes you feel like you've won. But at the end of the day, we both know what was meant by the question. No need to split hairs!

Yeah I believe the perps came after their arrival but I don’t rule out one that Sherrill trusted (and maybe others coming later?) being over there when the girls arrived. Many possibilities. Nigel swears up and down Suzie didn’t park on that half circle and didn’t want friends to either. So it makes sense if the driveway was blocked and they came from Glenstone direction...
Or it could make just as much sense that the cars were moved to the house by people who were unfamiliar with where they were normally parked.

You sited the article. I just repeated what it says. All of a sudden it’s not reliable? Make up your mind.

Being in debt doesn’t mean she was doing anything dirty. And does that 18 to 20K a year include the tips she undoubtedly made? If not you could add another 8 to 10 grand on that. My dad was able to support our family of 5 on 35K a year in Springfield. I think a single mom and daughter can survive off of around 30K without having to resort to whatever criminal activity you’re suggesting.
Police said she only had about 800.00 in the bank. Paid her bills with money orders. Appeared to be living beyond her means. Doesn't sound like someone who was doing just fine making 30k., now does it. Unless she kept her money at home and not in the bank. Possible motive for the crime? Who knows. But the fact is, she appeared to be living way beyond her means according to police.

Police said she only had about 800.00 in the bank. Paid her bills with money orders. Appeared to be living beyond her means. Doesn't sound like someone who was doing just fine making 30k., now does it. Unless she kept her money at home and not in the bank. Possible motive for the crime? Who knows. But the fact is, she appeared to be living way beyond her means according to police.
If you get paid in cash it can be a good idea to pay for as much as you can that way. If you were unsure what your ex left you in debt for would you just leave money in the bank to be taken? If you can avoid paying someone else's taxes wouldn't you? Only put what you need to in your checking account is what some people tell you to do.

Or it could make just as much sense that the cars were moved to the house by people who were unfamiliar with where they were normally parked.

Thinking outside the box may well be how this case is solved but arguing an unfounded, unproven and difficult scenario involving multiple players who moved all the women's cars around seems counterproductive. When the perp had three women to maintain control of that would have occupied all of his concentration and time. It's highly unlikely that any of the three made it alive past 24-48 hours after they were removed from the house if they made it that long.

Thinking outside the box may well be how this case is solved but arguing an unfounded, unproven and difficult scenario involving multiple players who moved all the women's cars around seems counterproductive. When the perp had three women to maintain control of that would have occupied all of his concentration and time. It's highly unlikely that any of the three made it alive past 24-48 hours after they were removed from the house if they made it that long.
A mature woman like Sherrill would likely have been more difficult to control than two teenagers and would have posed a bigger threat. Sherrill probably would not have been kept alive for anything close to 48 hours. It's probable that none of them were; if the motive was not sexual, then they were probably driven to a remote site (like inside an old barn or an abandoned silo) and buried forthwith.

Ooook, If you say so. What ever makes you feel like you've won. But at the end of the day, we both know what was meant by the question. No need to split hairs!

This is not splitting hairs. Those are two different things. Knowing someone and not and knowing of someone are VERY different. I would love to say yes I know Jordan Peele, but no I don’t. Have I heard of him and know some things about him, yes, but no I do not know him. Trying to make it something more than it is seems very misleading.

Also could have nothing to do with her, but her ex.

This was 92. Women trying to make it on their own were looked down upon still. Living beyond her means in their eyes simply could be a credit card. It also can mean she was just trying to build credit so she could buy her house. In reality women could not even get a business loan in this country without a male co-signer until 1988. That was a different time for single women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow