Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering if * they* got their purses so a car could be moved and their vehicle put in the carport?

Last summer my company's work party was hosted at one of the owner's homes and at the bottom step of the stairs was where all the girls parked their purses. That made me recall the placement of the three purses in the house. I have since then have the impression the girls and perp(s) all left willingly in one or two cars. But the perps drove the cars back home and brought the purses inside the house.

I keep wondering if * they* got their purses so a car could be moved and their vehicle put in the carport?

Dosen’t sound unreasonable . Although we are “assuming “ none of the 19 people that cleaned up the house moved them . That’s been the Achilles heel of this investigation or lack thereof .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to stir things up or raise false hopes. But there is a possible new suspect not previously discussed.

Up to this point nothing rules him out.

Just file away for future reference.

Finding the remains is still the main sticking point as it is still shown as a missing person case.

I don’t want to stir things up or raise false hopes. But there is a possible new suspect not previously discussed.

Finding the remains is still the main sticking point as it is still shown as a missing person case.
Can you give us any sort of crumb trail to follow?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm open to hearing about any new lead, but unless the person is connected to one of the grave robbers, then I think the new suspect will turn out to be a red herring.

Can you give us any sort of crumb trail to follow?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Not at this point. Too dangerous and potentially libelous if proven incorrect. Along with some others have been looking at him seriously. If anything develops will be sure to update. Cannot say for sure the police know of him although they should. They will be if not already.

Is NOT connected to the grave robbers.

Could (speculating only) that he might be involved with Robert Craig Cox.

Not at this point. Too dangerous and potentially libelous if proven incorrect. Along with some others have been looking at him seriously. If anything develops will be sure to update. Cannot say for sure the police know of him although they should. They will be if not already.

I wouldn't write it off if he could be connected to Cox...I can't completely rule out Cox even though I doubt his involvement. (His target would probably have been Stacey, and it seems improbable that he would have tageted her at Suzie & Sherril's house.)

Cox is only one of several known sexual predators with ties to Springfield at the time, but none of them have ever been linked to the missing Three. The grave robbers have what could be regarded as the only known criminal motive for killing any of the women. They were only kids with without the experience to pull off what appears to have been a clean abduction. I believe one was latter arrested for a property crime but otherwise they have stayed out of trouble. The charges they faced were trivial compared to triple murder. Overall, they just don’t fit the profile you would expect of someone who would have pulled this off.

Evidence at the crime scene was consistent with the perpetrator being allowed to enter the home as someone Susie or Sherrie knew and trusted. It is hardly conclusive but that is a strong possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cox is only one of several known sexual predators with ties to Springfield at the time, but none of them have ever been linked to the missing Three. The grave robbers have what could be regarded as the only known criminal motive for killing any of the women. They were only kids with without the experience to pull off what appears to have been a clean abduction. I believe one was latter arrested for a property crime but otherwise they have stayed out of trouble. The charges they faced were trivial compared to triple murder. Overall, they just don’t fit the profile you would expect of someone who would have pulled this off.

Evidence at the crime scene was consistent with the perpetrator being allowed to enter the home as someone Susie or Sherrie knew and trusted. It is hardly conclusive but that is a strong possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long time no see.

Question: Do we truly know the perps actually entered the home, except perhaps to pull Stacy out of the home?

Scenario: The perp and accomplice followed the girls home. Argument ensued outside the home. Sherrill came out to investigate. They were subdued and thrown into a vehicle; possibly the fabled van. But Stacy wasn't supposed to be there. She heard the commotion and attempted to escape. She was unsuccessful, trying to get back into the house having gotten out the back sliding glass door. She was then thrown into the van or other vehicle.

I'm liking the unknown stalker/ opportunist hanging around the party goers that night. That was Mike Clay's theory. He may be onto something.

Thoughts:

I wouldn't write it off if he could be connected to Cox...I can't completely rule out Cox even though I doubt his involvement. (His target would probably have been Stacey, and it seems improbable that he would have tageted her at Suzie & Sherril's house.)
I also doubt Cox's involvement but agree he can't be ruled out. His target could have been Sherrill, we do not know if he saw her or knew her from somewhere.
Larry Hall always said his brother was obsessed with one of the women and abducted them with another man. I know he's probably crazy but also passed a polygraph. To my knowledge was not ruled out.
Biz...I also saw the article on someone finding remains in Springfield. Have they released for sure who it was? That gave me some hope for a minute.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Long time no see.

Question: Do we truly know the perps actually entered the home, except perhaps to pull Stacy out of the home?

Scenario: The perp and accomplice followed the girls home. Argument ensued outside the home. Sherrill came out to investigate. They were subdued and thrown into a vehicle; possibly the fabled van. But Stacy wasn't supposed to be there. She heard the commotion and attempted to escape. She was unsuccessful, trying to get back into the house having gotten out the back sliding glass door. She was then thrown into the van or other vehicle.

I'm liking the unknown stalker/ opportunist hanging around the party goers that night. That was Mike Clay's theory. He may be onto something.

Thoughts:
If we follow the clues in the house, them taking off makeup, changing clothes, and turning tv on. This doesn't fit what the authorities believed happened. Someone could have surely followed them home, but sat and watched the house(allowing them time to relax) before they attacked. So, I actually do believe someone was in the house or at least at the door.

I also doubt Cox's involvement but agree he can't be ruled out. His target could have been Sherrill, we do not know if he saw her or knew her from somewhere.
Larry Hall always said his brother was obsessed with one of the women and abducted them with another man. I know he's probably crazy but also passed a polygraph. To my knowledge was not ruled out.
Biz...I also saw the article on someone finding remains in Springfield. Have they released for sure who it was? That gave me some hope for a minute.

Lieutenant Robert Burne with the Springfield Police Department says it appears the person died where the body was found. Lt. Burne believes there are no clear signs of foul play.

I too think it's possible that Hall could have been responsible for this crime. He drove a van, and home invasions were right up his alley. Also, it was said that he was in the area around the time.

I don't think it's impossible that the three could have went to George's Steak House. Hall and a buddie could have spied the three inside or outside George's , and followed them back to Delmar.

The pair could have parked on the street corner for about an hour or so, watching the house, and waiting for all the lights to go off before launching a home invasion on the three woman.

Just thought, I have been reading these posts for days. It is possible Sherrill had a boyfriend they were all comfortable with, maybe he had friends that were younger and maybe they went there and something happened to just one of the girls and these guys panicked and took all three, who knows where, off some high bridge in the forest and dumped them..I noted some things I found odd that no one is talking about, I read that Sherrills closet was ransacked, as if someone were looking for something, is it possible she had a large sum of money hidden because of her bank and credit problems,.maybe she hid it in clothes or shoes and the boyfriend knew. They could have left the cash in her purse to look like they didn't take anything. or maybe Sherrill and Suzie went with these guys and something happened so they had to go back and drag Stacy out because she could identify them. And these guys brought the purses back sitting them on the stairs,..that could be why the dog was comfortable with the perps,...they been partying so maybe they continued once they got home and the guys were there. I don't think it was planned, I think something went wrong that night and these guys panicked,...He was a newer boyfriend so no one out side the home probably knew him, I think its possible Janelle and her boyfriend may have known the perps as well. And possibly a couple other acquaintences, Again these are just some of my thoughts. Thought I would share.. These guys could have been from out of town there working staying in a motel,..driving vans for their work. Traveling sales or something,

For reasons I won't go into at this time, I am placing the grave robbers back on the list as viable suspects.

For reasons I won't go into at this time, I am placing the grave robbers back on the list as viable suspects.

We've discussed Motive (and the lack thereof) and Means here. But the other component, Opportunity, is one that I think still lends Cox and the Grave Robbers as suspects; Cox possibly being somewhat familiar to Stacy (hey I worked with your dad/hey didn't you work with my dad?) maybe meeting at a convenience store on the way home. And the Grave Robbers were the type to be out and about at 2-3 AM and able to be let in the house by Suzzee.

We've discussed Motive (and the lack thereof) and Means here. But the other component, Opportunity, is one that I think still lends Cox and the Grave Robbers as suspects; Cox possibly being somewhat familiar to Stacy (hey I worked with your dad/hey didn't you work with my dad?) maybe meeting at a convenience store on the way home. And the Grave Robbers were the type to be out and about at 2-3 AM and able to be let in the house by Suzzee.

This case ran off the rails back in 1992 when the chief of police decided to take the crypt vandals out for a meal as told to me by one of the primary reporters who I was in touch with several years ago. The story goes that he decided on his own that they didn't do the crime and ordered the rank and file seasoned detectives to look elsewhere.

That is a mystery to the present day. He has impressive credentials but I cannot for the life of me understand why he would take the ball out of their hands and rule out the most obvious suspects.

Cox, I believe, refused a polygraph. Although that is not definitive we do know he concocted a phony alibi he did not need in the first place. Many believe he was not involved but merely a faker who wanted the attention. I wouldn't put anything past him. No how, no way.

I would say it is quite probable that the crypt vandals had a ready motive. This was going to be a big deal had it gone to trial and Suzie as a potential witness. I don't truly know what if anything she knew but someone had an agenda and it was carried out that night. Maybe sometime in our lifetimes we might know but time is running out. People are dying off and the case is gathering dust so far as I know.

I was in Montana at the time but my recollection is that this case was a big deal and it was covered in “USA Today”. I didn’t think much more about it until I returned to work and one of my techs where I worked started talking about it like it was a big deal.

I also recall that the Springfield News-leader had a lot of information on the front page, and every day thereafter And the “48 Hours” jumped in and from then on it was off to the races.

i would have to say it was a very big deal going on memory.

Do we know if the women’s cars were searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298