Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question,

He was in the company of a lifetime friend. He could not have been involved. He did not have the opportunity.

I have checked and rechecked this to be absolutely positive.

But if you still have reservations I will recheck again.

I will say however that he and Cox evidently knew one another based on Cox’s last letter to the News Leader he makes reference to Garrison.
Is there any chance his friend was covering for him?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

When did the Crime Watch Daily show air this case? Anyone know how to access it? I contacted their FB page, waiting for response. I've also searched You Tube :( Nothing there so far.

Yes search YouTube for Springfield Three and you should find Crime Watch Show. I re-watched the old 48 hours and that was really interesting, they were on scene days after reported missing and I heard some things I had not heard before. Maybe you guys have. Someone interviewed made the statement that SM followed SS home that night because SS ask her to because she was not "feeling well". Also SS's car was parked in an odd place when friends showed up the next day. She typically parked under the carport but was not that Sunday. Whose car was under the carport in the crime scene photos, anyone know? Also have I read that someone (neighbor) reported cars were moving around in the middle of the night? You guys may have already discussed this but I find it interesting.

We have the virtual certainty that the house was under surveillance for several weeks prior to the women going missing.

What's the story with the surveillance?

We have the virtual certainty that the house was under surveillance for several weeks prior to the women going missing.

Yes, what's the story & how was this so certain?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would settle for the identity of that individual. That to my knowledge has been explained. That would seem to be highly important.

Additionally the van and driver was seen in the broad daylight. Very odd.

Yes search YouTube for Springfield Three and you should find Crime Watch Show. I re-watched the old 48 hours and that was really interesting, they were on scene days after reported missing and I heard some things I had not heard before. Maybe you guys have. Someone interviewed made the statement that SM followed SS home that night because SS ask her to because she was not "feeling well". Also SS's car was parked in an odd place when friends showed up the next day. She typically parked under the carport but was not that Sunday. Whose car was under the carport in the crime scene photos, anyone know? Also have I read that someone (neighbor) reported cars were moving around in the middle of the night? You guys may have already discussed this but I find it interesting.

I believe Suzie was also concerned with getting lost on the way home as she had not been there prior to that night.

The first I had heard that Suzie normally parked under the carport was the “Crime Watch” program. The other information was also my previous recollection.

Has everyone watched the “Vanished” trailer? Might be worth taking a look.

The officer obviously was referring to Cox.

Mrs. McCall also said she wanted to confront two individuals; one in prison and the other one on the street.

If the officer was talking about Cox, Then who was the one not on prison?

Ok I'm confused. I finally finished thread one, but where are #2 & #3?

Ok I'm confused. I finally finished thread one, but where are #2 & #3?

They were pulled when some members starting fighting. It is a shame, really. A lot of good information there.

They were pulled when some members starting fighting. It is a shame, really. A lot of good information there.
Yea that's too bad, it would have been a good resource.

I would settle for the identity of that individual. That to my knowledge has been explained. That would seem to be highly important.

Additionally the van and driver was seen in the broad daylight. Very odd.

I had heard that there were several sightings of a van after the disappearance but not prior.
Also, I will find the source but a note was found at a supermarket saying something about using a gas repairman identity as a ruse? I will find and post.
I have no doubt someone was stalking one of them.

June 14: Authorities begin a sweep of wooded areas and streams in the Springfield area and search an apartment building after a letter containing a rough drawing of the apartment complex and the phrase, “use Ruse of Gas Man checking for Leak,” is found in a News-Leader rack at a grocery store. Also on this day, pictures of the women air on the television show “America's Most Wanted.”

from Springfield News Leader about the timeline a week after disappearance. May just be weird coincidence.

Right- I was going to mention Suzy's friend saying her car was always parked in the same spot but on that fateful night, her car was NOT parked there - so the friend speculated that "somebody else must have been parked there".... which would imply the perp was in the house when Suzy and Stacy arrived.

I don't know... just interesting speculation after all these years.

This is the crimewatchdaily show with Kim Goldman which I just saw recently. Some new interviews after all these years.

I never heard the cars moving around story... thanks- would love to hear more about that.

Let me throw something out for consideration.

In any event the women were taken. Only he knew what took place as nothing has leaked for over 25 years. A conspiracy of more than one person inevitably cracks st some point. One person; just one person.

I leaned hard on one of the grave robbers for some answers. His thinking was that it was a single unknown stalker. I didn’t like that at first but on senkon and third thought it began to have resonance. I do not believe any of the grave robbers were involved. I also don’t think the so-called GJ3 were either, nor do I believe the classmates were either. Only one person with a plan.

The simple fact is that we are running out of suspects.

Critique please.

Agree completely about conspiracies of 2+ would have cracked by now. Seems likely this was a one person abduction, which is also consistent with the porch lady sighting (which included one male voice).
My problem is the AMW phone call from an informed individual. One perp isn't going to call AMW on himself.

Agree completely about conspiracies of 2+ would have cracked by now. Seems likely this was a one person abduction, which is also consistent with the porch lady sighting (which included one male voice).
My problem is the AMW phone call from an informed individual. One perp isn't going to call AMW on himself.

The story that someone called AMW with inside information and they somehow lost the call without getting the individual's information? Or connecting to the authorities. What a mess.
I still think more than one person was involved or at least had knowledge of what happened.
Also the more I think about it, I don't buy into the drug theories. I think someone was watching them or one of them.

Regarding Suzy's car parking, maybe she did always park in the carport, but I think Sherrill was assuming Suzy wouldn't be home that night, remember, the girls were supposed to originally supposed to stay in Branson at a hotel. I'm assuming Sherrill thought that was going to happen so she probably parked in Suzy's spot in the carport. Or maybe Suzy was slightly intoxicated and just pulled up in front of the house instead of maneuvering into the carport. I don't put much credence into this.

Yes, what's the story & how was this so certain?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It isn't certain. It's the opposite of certain. Its speculation being passed off as a simple fact. There's no evidence they were being watched for weeks before their disappearance.

By centering on one person, for so long, I think SPD blew it from the git-go.
Absolutely.

The case got bogged down in psychics and serial killers and it never recovered.

The very first documentary on the case is a real eye opener into how the case was botched from day one. If there's anyone in this thread who never watched it, I highly recommend it.

The FBI got it right. Someone close to the girls or Sherrill. It's probably too late but I wish they could hit the reset button and start from scratch. Place all three of their personal lives under a microscope and work with that. Don't look at anything else unless they see a legitimate reason to look at something else.....and don't call a psychic or listen to killers craving a few more minutes of fame. They've done enough damage.

Twenty five years later, people still believe the hospital nonsense which was nothing but a "vision" from some random sleuth on the internet. They also spoke to Stacy's ghost in a dream.....yet this stuff is actually included in theories.

Regarding Suzy's car parking, maybe she did always park in the carport, but I think Sherrill was assuming Suzy wouldn't be home that night, remember, the girls were supposed to originally supposed to stay in Branson at a hotel. I'm assuming Sherrill thought that was going to happen so she probably parked in Suzy's spot in the carport. Or maybe Suzy was slightly intoxicated and just pulled up in front of the house instead of maneuvering into the carport. I don't put much credence into this.
I agree.

Not only intoxicated but also had her friend following her home....so they just pull in. Nothing more, nothing less.

Having said that, it is possible that someone was already there visiting Sherrill.

Did anyone see the ID Channel of this story?

I would appeal to those seriously interested in the case to move past the psychic stories, men in wing tipped shoes and all of the other bizarre stories coming in the early days.

As to the psychic business, that was thoroughly debunked. That was spread all over the internet but ultimately was tracked down to one single individual who was banned in the first thread.

It would be useful to concentrate on the motive for this crime.

Because the money was left in Sherrill's purse it is logical to believe robbery was not the motive.

We do not know who and why anyone let in the house. That could have been anyone who was trusted.

Ask yourself who you would let in the house at 3:30 AM in the morning. That list has to be exceedingly small.

If the grave robbers are ruled out, the "GJ3" are ruled out, the friends are ruled out, we are left with Cox and one obvious suspect.

As to Cox, why anyone would want to rule him out in view of his lies and deceptions is beyond my understanding.

However, if he is ruled out, we are only left to two other possibilities, and a lone stalker is a definite possibility UNLESS, as some have postulated, a dirty cop or cops were allowed in. A cop is the ONLY stranger who would be allowed in the house.

I watched the ID Channel program "Disappeared" on this a few years back. No new revelations, they mentioned Cox, the parking garage, the grave robbers, etc. The thing I remember taking away from it was they interviewed Bartt Streeter at length. He truly seemed genuinely sad about his mother and sister and the fact they were estranged at the time they went missing. I don't think he was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV