Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chloroform should have been left out ...

I don't think it should have been left out entirely but IMO it should have been the centerpiece.

Duct tape should not be on any body part of a child, or any human being..and when that person is found dead...it should have been a BIG red flag.

Yet it did not sway this jury to consider any other conviction..manslaughter, negligence..

Reading the prosecutor's book , you could tell that they anticipated JB to go with the accidental drowning story. I thing they should have better prepared to defend the point that it was not a drowning. According to what we heard from the "jury" they got hung up on the cause of death because the drowning somehow made sense to them. The prosecution should have gotten prepared to show that it was not an accident.

Maybe that's why they could not wrap their minds around Chloroform...maybe it did not make sense to them

But IMO the Duct Tape found on or near a dead child should have made sense. It should have been a RED flag IMO

If you can't determine the cause of death, you can't prove murder?.. There is so many things wrong with that statement. This is the number one reason why she is free. JP should have instructed the jury better.

Eta. Dear murders. Please dispose of your victims well and you will never have to worry about being convicted of your crime. Love. FCA

I do think the prosecution overestimated the jury's ability to put things together. I think they should have joined the dots for them. For example, I remember there was a part of the trial where they showed a number of videos: Casey shopping, Casey renting a movie with Tony. But I felt like these were never really explained to the jurors. I felt that either then - or later, in his final summation - JA should have said "here is Casey shopping. This is supposedly five hours or whatever after her daughter died. Notice her smiling. Notice what she is buying - nice things for herself and her boyfriend. Think about how you would feel if a child you loved died accidentally. Is this what you would do??" Etc.

Tink

Tink, I agree. I think that the prosecution came across as hating her and not prosecuting her and I think they got lost.

I think you say, What grandfather upon finding his granddaughter that he loved floating in a pool, Does not dial 911? One that is not there.

Casey lied to everyone about where this child was. Why? Because she knew she was dead and covering. She knew CAylee was dead and in the swamp rotting. She had to buy time for the body to disappear into the earth.

At the very least, She took that baby and put her in the trunk and drove around with her in there. Who does that to cover an accident? Who does that?!!!!

No one.

I think then you show picture of her driving around a few hours later and say, caylee is in that trunk. Right now. That is where she is. And she is smiling and buying videos.

I think what they did not do is make her look like the monster she was. They just made her look screwed up.

If you can't determine the cause of death, you can't prove murder?.. There is so many things wrong with that statement. This is the number one reason why she is free. JP should have instructed the jury better.
Eta. Dear murders. Please dispose of your victims well and you will never have to worry about being convicted of your crime. Love. FCA

BBM. Agree.

Amongst other things.......:banghead:

Huge mistake. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got a very bad feeling about how this would end up while this *selection* was going on. I was no fan of the judge from that point on.

That being said...I am also of the opinion that the Anthony clan was in on the whole defense. The entire thing. I believe everything they said and did in court was designed with one goal in mind..to get her off. I think I remember reading that the jury didn't trust George Anthony. That is about the only thing I agreed with them on. Of course this is only my opinion...

I wasn't impressed with the Judge either, politically correct or not.

My gut instinct has told me all along to not believe anything George Anthony says. I don't believe he attempted suicide, I don't believe he didn't have an affair with River Cruz (and don't care).

I can easily understand why the jury didn't trust him.

I think you say, What grandfather upon finding his granddaughter that he loved floating in a pool, Does not dial 911? One that is not there.

Exactly! Not to mention the fact that said grandfather is a former police officer, who would know (more than anyone) that accidental drowning is a.) not uncommon in Florida, and b.) not a crime!

I wasn't impressed with the Judge either, politically correct or not.

My gut instinct has told me all along to not believe anything George Anthony says. I don't believe he attempted suicide, I don't believe he didn't have an affair with River Cruz (and don't care).

I can easily understand why the jury didn't trust him.

I re-read the book .....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Mind-Casey-Anthony-Psychological/dp/B007SRWA06"]Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait: Keith Ablow: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Tb%2BwTKeJL.@@AMEPARAM@@51Tb%2BwTKeJL[/ame]

... last week. In this book River Cruz is interviewed and says George's suicide attempt was made when she stopped seeing him, possibly a diversion tactic ... so I fully agree, the fakeroonie suicide attempt was a load of b.s.

I don't think it should have been left out entirely but IMO it should have been the centerpiece.

Duct tape should not be on any body part of a child, or any human being..and when that person is found dead...it should have been a BIG red flag.

Yet it did not sway this jury to consider any other conviction..manslaughter, negligence..

bbm
OOPS
I meant to say "it (the cholorform) should NOT have been the center piece..

I agree, the centerpiece of this crime should be
KC's whole life is a lie and she lies to get out of responsibility and have a good time. KC googles fool proof suffocation on the day Caylee was last seen alive. She is not reported missing by anyone, (mother or family) for 31 days. KC lies about her whereabouts. The child is found dead in the woods a mile from her house 6 months later with duct tape all over her face.
I think all those facts would be sufficient enough to deduce homicide by the Mother and I can't believe the jury missed it and I can't believe the sherriff's office missed that key search.

How about more on Casey and Cindy's battle over Caylee .. Cindy taking on the mother role and pushing Casey's buttons continuously, interfering where she didn't belong and competing with her endlessly .. That's the real reason Caylee is dead IMO.

I agree, the centerpiece of this crime should be
KC's whole life is a lie and she lies to get out of responsibility and have a good time. KC googles fool proof suffocation on the day Caylee was last seen alive. She is not reported missing by anyone, (mother or family) for 31 days. KC lies about her whereabouts. The child is found dead in the woods a mile from her house 6 months later with duct tape all over her face.
I think all those facts would be sufficient enough to deduce homicide by the Mother and I can't believe the jury missed it and I can't believe the sherriff's office missed that key search.

The problem was that all of them were living in the same huse, so it is not possible to say who was responsible for what.

Caylee was found close to the home in association with items from the home.

The stuff from the car was a red herring. If her body had been left in the car the car would have been full evidence of that. The only way to prevent that would have been to seal the body in a water tight bag. But if that happened, the "death hair" would have still been in the bag, not in the car. The implication is that the body was stored somewhere else for a significant Length of time and the hair ended up in the car by transfer at a later date. either that or it wasn't a death hair.

The evidence suggests that the body probably never left the home for a considerable time, and if that was the case, then it could have been any of them. We know that KC moved out and was apparently unaware that Caylee was missing. Then she appeared to be involved in a cover up. The assumption is that KC was the one being protected, but maybe it wasn't her, maybe the protection was for someone else and they just thought they could get away with it letting KC appear like the guilty one but knowing there wasn't really any evidence for that. Misdirection.

The chloroform theory was kind of ridiculous. At the very least they should have undertaken controls to demonstrate their theory was possible but they did not.

If you look at the "foolproof suffocation" search, it was followed 51 seconds later by a visit to a site about suicide, that had nothing to do with methods. So, the search had nothing to do with homicide, but suggests more the idea of suicide. And you have to wonder why. Whatever happened, it was clearly not a first degree homicide.

Everyone I think agrees that something illegal happened to Caylee, the question however is what and who did it? That is far from clear and it is largely the reason KC was aquitted. All of this should have been clear to the prosecution, but they went for a hail mary anyway in the hopes that they could elicit an emotive response from the jury in the absence of evidence. But, as we know, it didn't work and they got nothing.

They would have had for more success with lesser charges IMO.

I think the intense media scrutiny and Nancy Grace screeching GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY every night on TV in cases like this makes it impossible to have a fair trial for either side. Either you have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and find people so ignorant and disconnected they literally can't understand the evidence, or you get liars who have already formed an opinion but claim they haven't. NG claims to be on the side of the victims but he best thing she could do for both sides IMO is keep her mouth shut.

Mark Fuhrman made some excellent points in his recent book about the ridiculous nationwide "search" for Caylee. There was no need for it. Everyone who smelled that trunk knew the child was dead and most likely somewhere close by.

The Phylicia Barnes case here in Baltimore was more or less ignored by NG, and while some people were angry about that and pointed out that NG only seems to care about young white women, it's also true that they found the body, brought the suspect to trial, and got a conviction within about 2 years. I'm not sure that would have been possible if the search and trial had become a Casey Anthony type national media event.

The problem was that all of them were living in the same huse, so it is not possible to say who was responsible for what.

Caylee was found close to the home in association with items from the home.

The stuff from the car was a red herring. If her body had been left in the car the car would have been full evidence of that. The only way to prevent that would have been to seal the body in a water tight bag. But if that happened, the "death hair" would have still been in the bag, not in the car. The implication is that the body was stored somewhere else for a significant Length of time and the hair ended up in the car by transfer at a later date. either that or it wasn't a death hair.

The evidence suggests that the body probably never left the home for a considerable time, and if that was the case, then it could have been any of them. We know that KC moved out and was apparently unaware that Caylee was missing. Then she appeared to be involved in a cover up. The assumption is that KC was the one being protected, but maybe it wasn't her, maybe the protection was for someone else and they just thought they could get away with it letting KC appear like the guilty one but knowing there wasn't really any evidence for that. Misdirection.

The chloroform theory was kind of ridiculous. At the very least they should have undertaken controls to demonstrate their theory was possible but they did not.

If you look at the "foolproof suffocation" search, it was followed 51 seconds later by a visit to a site about suicide, that had nothing to do with methods. So, the search had nothing to do with homicide, but suggests more the idea of suicide. And you have to wonder why. Whatever happened, it was clearly not a first degree homicide.

Everyone I think agrees that something illegal happened to Caylee, the question however is what and who did it? That is far from clear and it is largely the reason KC was aquitted. All of this should have been clear to the prosecution, but they went for a hail mary anyway in the hopes that they could elicit an emotive response from the jury in the absence of evidence. But, as we know, it didn't work and they got nothing.

They would have had for more success with lesser charges IMO.

So you Agree that this was not a drowning. So it was George Cindy or FCA who committed the "the illegal act". Rule out Cindy because she called police. Now you have George or FCA who killed Caylee. Which one begged his daughter to talk to FBI to find his granddaughter and which one partied for 31 days? Not rocket science just common sense.

Also, I'm convinced that sequestering juries just angers them and makes them resent the prosecution.

I think the prosecution should have emphasized the degree to which George and Cindy were covering up for Casey and always had. Since both of them are so incredibly hinky acting all the time, the prosecution's acting like they were "friendly" witnesses and treating them with kid gloves made it easy for the defense to convince the jury that their odd behavior and lies were self-protection. Why wasn't there more on their actions shielding Casey before and after Caylee's murder? Why use them to establish any facts? You could see why the jury might think one or both of them could have been involved in Caylee's death.

So you Agree that this was not a drowning. So it was George Cindy or FCA who committed the "the illegal act". Rule out Cindy because she called police. Now you have George or FCA who killed Caylee. Which one begged his daughter to talk to FBI to find his granddaughter and which one partied for 31 days? Not rocket science just common sense.

I agree that I have no idea what happened to her and neither does the prosecution. That was the problem. They made a whole bunch of allegations based on pretty flimsy evidence and could prove nothing.

They relied on generating an emotive responce from the jury but the jury looked at the evidence instead and saw there was none.

I think the most likely explanation is that Caylee died accidently as the result of something of dubious legality, and consequently one or more of them tried to cover it up. That led to the body being hidden and after long enough it is not possible to say what happened. I don't believe that anyone intended to kill her. There is no evidence at all that someone did.

I agree that I have no idea what happened to her and neither does the prosecution. That was the problem. They made a whole bunch of allegations based on pretty flimsy evidence and could prove nothing.

They relied on generating an emotive responce from the jury but the jury looked at the evidence instead and saw there was none.

I think the most likely explanation is that Caylee died accidently as the result of something of dubious legality, and consequently one or more of them tried to cover it up. That led to the body being hidden and after long enough it is not possible to say what happened. I don't believe that anyone intended to kill her. There is no evidence at all that someone did.

The evidence was strong and pointed directly at FCA. The premeditation was clear in the form of Internet searches and lack of sorrow and remorse from the mother that got to keep her date with tony the day her daughter died. Again. Common sense.

The evidence was strong and pointed directly at FCA. The premeditation was clear in the form of Internet searches and lack of sorrow and remorse from the mother that got to keep her date with tony the day her daughter died. Again. Common sense.

Exactly .. And who would lie to police then languish in jail for three years instead of simply explaining an accidental drowning?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back