Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read all three, didn't care much for the Nancy Cooper one. Just a rehash. But the one on the murder of Stephanie Bennett was extremely interesting, especially since that one never came to trial. Can't remember his name, committed suicide in jail.

bbm

Drew Planten was his name, IIRC. Yes, glee, that was her best book by a longshot.

[ if anyone wants to see some video: http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12502845/#/vid12502845 ]

AWESOME!

This guy didn't do it, and judging by the comments on the internet, I'm assuming the split was 11 G - 1 NG.

I'm SO glad the judge didn't make them go back AGAIN. I feel really bad for that poor single juror, they probably were so rude to him.

They should NOT have to go back just so they can abuse a holdout.

This makes 2 out of the last 3 cases against a husband in Raleigh/Durham, NC that ended in a hung jury the first time around (Jason and Raven), not to mention Brad getting railroaded.

It's really hard to be a man in NC.

It is probably not hard to be a man in NC as long as you don't go killing your wife.

[ if anyone wants to see some video: http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12502845/#/vid12502845 ]

AWESOME!

This guy didn't do it, and judging by the comments on the internet, I'm assuming the split was 11 G - 1 NG.

I'm SO glad the judge didn't make them go back AGAIN. I feel really bad for that poor single juror, they probably were so rude to him.

They should NOT have to go back just so they can abuse a holdout.

This makes 2 out of the last 3 cases against a husband in Raleigh/Durham, NC that ended in a hung jury the first time around (Jason and Raven), not to mention Brad getting railroaded.

It's really hard to be a man in NC.
Imagine trying to be a murdered woman. Trust me, it's harder.

The state is going to retry him (per WRAL twitter), he will remain in custody.

My heart breaks for Janet's family and friends!

Remember Jason Young's first trial was hung and look where he is now after his retrial.

Yeah, they convicted him on the word of Gracie Calhoun, the woman who said "I HAD AN ACCIDENT AND MY BRAIN WAS IN THE ROAD"

lol

Ok-----------they wtvd news just said 11 guilty, 1 not guilty.

I'm sitting out here in a large sun room with sun pouring in... with the a/c going full blast. That's kind of oxymoronic. Or silly. Or probably stupid.

Sweetie, if it works, go for it! I'm going to find my chocolate stash.

Take a guess ;)

I lurk all the time, I like reading the updates on missing persons and other cases that I hear on Investigation Discovery.

I happened to click my bookmark today, obviously ;), because i was livestreaming a trial.

Tamara Gibbs ABC11 ‏@TGibbsABC11 2m

Final Hung Jury Vote: 11 GUILTY, 1 Not Guilty. #AbaroaTrial #ABC11 #breaking
Retweeted by ABC11 WTVD

https://twitter.com/abc11_wtvd

:eek:fftopic: ABC11 WTVD ‏@ABC11_WTVD 1m

Natalee Holloway murder suspect to marry in prison http://bit.ly/15liQUf

WTVD-- news, ----- 11 guilty, 1 not guilty. Tears from both families. The one hold out truly believed in RA's innocence. Judge sent jurors back 3 times to deliberate. Raven Abaroa thought he was going to be found not guilty. Not over, state says will try over, asked for Sept trial date, def. denied. RA is in jail right now but def. may ask for a bond reduction.

Oh, regarding retrial:

I think they said on the news that they will retry it... but we all knew they'd do that anyway. They've been spending money chasing this guy for almost a decade now, why not waste a couple million more dollars on a new trial.

At least this time they can't hide the evidence of the other man in the picture, and Raven's attorneys can plan their strategy accordingly.

HA the retrial will not cost "a couple million more dollars".

State has the advantage in retrials.

WTVD-- news, ----- 11 guilty, 1 not guilty. Tears from both families. The one hold out truly believed in RA's innocence. Judge sent jurors back 3 times to deliberate. Raven Abaroa thought he was going to be found not guilty. Not over, state says will try over, asked for Sept trial date, def. denied. RA is in jail right now but def. may ask for a bond reduction.

thanks NC for this update.

I'll probably be here for a few days. I always need to talk out my feelings. But for those who are leaving:

I echo NCEast's sentiment. Thank you for letting me join your group. You guys are the best.

I'll keep up the prayers for Janet's family. I want to hug them.

I have to run now. Have a nice evening friends and pray for Janet and her family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and prays today. You guys are great.:seeya:

Ok-----------they wtvd news just said 11 guilty, 1 not guilty.

OMG.... How SAD for the family. Hope the defendant is shaking in his shoes. I hope he doesn't get out on bond! I do believe he would abscond.

I'll probably be here for a few days. I always need to talk out my feelings. But for those who are leaving:

I echo NCEast's sentiment. Thank you for letting me join your group. You guys are the best.

I'll keep up the prayers for Janet's family. I want to hug them.

Oh JJ, I want to hug them too. Just think, aside from the terrible emotional side, how expensive it's been for them to be here for 6 weeks. If I lived closer to Durham, I would offer to let them all say with me during the next trial.
I'll be around here too, need to get it out of my system.

11 guilty, 1 not guilty, they'll try him again, and convict him next time. And there's a darn fly in here. Swat :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back