Mistrial, Hung Jury - Raven Abaroa Murder in the 1st

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks NC, mission accomplished.

11-1, I just knew it!! Well, I hope all of us can be here for round two. I, too, have enjoyed everybody and our devotion to this case. :)

Is it usual for jurors to give press interviews in that area? I'd love to hear thoughts.

I'm so sad for Janet's family. So sorry they have to wait for justice and do this again. I have faith the next trail will lead to conviction. RA is a dangerous man who should not be free. So sad....

I will admit, I'm unhappy.

But I have hope. I'd rather see a mistrial and the case retried (so they still have a shot at this) than to see him acquitted and go free.

Justice for Janet may take a little longer than any of us wanted ... but it's still possible ... and I'll be grateful for that.

PS. Donna Jackson is my hero. (Camera caught her comforting Janet's fam ... giving them hope, lifting them up w/her words).

Is it usual for jurors to give press interviews in that area? I'd love to hear thoughts.

They have not in the past 3 high profile murder trials. Once, the jury even asked for a law enforcement guard to get them to their cars. They usually want to stay low and out of sight. I would LOVE to see an interview with the lone hold out.

I will admit, I'm unhappy.

But I have hope. I'd rather see a mistrial and the case retried (so they still have a shot at this) than to see him acquitted and go free.

Justice for Janet may take a little longer than any of us wanted ... but it's still possible ... and I'll be grateful for that.

PS. Donna Jackson is my hero. (Camera caught her comforting Janet's fam ... giving them hope, lifting them up w/her words).

I totally agree--rather have a mistrial than his being found not guilty. Charlene will get him the next time. I pray they don't lower his bail because I think if he ever gets out, he'll be in the wind.
I, too, noticed Donna Jackson consoling Janet's family. I really really like her.

Let the jurors be and go home. I am sure -or I want to believe- they acted in good conscience.

After the mistrial for jason Young, the judge lowered his bond from $2,000,000 to $900,000. So happens, his mama had some family land she had in Brevard and Sandy Mush NC she posted and he walked out of jail until his retrial 8 months later when JUSTICE was finally served.

Hopefully Hudson will not lower the bond much below $1MM, as it is doubtful his people can scrape up enough cash and property to make bail.

Capture-16.jpg

I well remember the mother and her land in the JY trial. I bet she didn't want to have to do it though. She didn't impress me any more than JY did.
I have a gut feeling RA's mom and the rest of that family couldn't get together a thousand dollars, legally, right now. I hope and pray the bond is not lowered, if he gets out nobody will ever see him again.

LL & S--I am sorry. I know how much of your heart you have poured into this case. And your love for Janet and her family is overwhelming. But keep your spirits high--we'll be right here when it's time for the retrial and the next time there won't be any problems, he'll get his due.

Thank you, man I am slow :banghead: when it comes to this stuff. LOL I'd forgotten all about that. I still had a few in there from the BC trial. :floorlaugh:

I had a few leftovers too and I just left them. Once a problem, always a problem.

I well remember the mother and her land in the JY trial. I bet she didn't want to have to do it though. She didn't impress me any more than JY did.
I have a gut feeling RA's mom and the rest of that family couldn't get together a thousand dollars, legally, right now. I hope and pray the bond is not lowered, if he gets out nobody will ever see him again.

And the JY trial didn't come out 11 guilty, one hold-out. I believe that has some impact on bail, doesn't it?

As far as I know, he will stay locked up until the next trial. Unless they decide not to retry him. Sounds as though Charlene is already on go for another.

bbm

Re bail for The Raven: In the Jason Young case which ended in a hung-jury/mistrial, his attys asked for a bail hearing and got one, and the judge set bail at, IIRC, one million $$. So his mother hocked a bunch of land in the western part of NC and the State of NC/Wake Co. Clerk of Court, or whatever body had liens on several land parcels which value was that one million smackers. So the lazy, lying and philandering Jason Young was out on bail for several months -- not too long. And he returned like a good boy, and went to trial & got a G verdict, and now he's all settled in a Alexander Correctional for the rest of his natural life.

So we'll see....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back