MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather a hung jury than not guilty verdict. Would they have to try it before the same judge? I think the prosecution made a huge mistake by not stopping the trial to appeal to a higher court when this biased judge allowed a friend of KT on the jury. That guy could have discussed the case at length with KT before the trial and been privy to info the other jurors were not. I still find that unbelievable.

But the Judge mentioned a time difference of 3 hours ? So couldn't be the daylight savings time video

Maybe he thought they were talking about phone records, and maybe they were. The one witness from T-Mobile stated their records were set in Pacific Time.

The alternates were excused when they started deliberating. They are out of the equation.

Given who is on the jury that does not surprise me. I'm curious to know who the hold out(s) are.
Really? Are you really curious? I think we probably know it is ONE and who that ONE is. I'm praying for a mistrial cause at least they could try again.

Prosecution should have done more to prove that the time was off IMO. They could have used the time of sunrise from a few hours later as a metric to prove the actual time of the video.

Maybe he thought they were talking about phone records, and maybe they were. The one witness from T-Mobile stated their records were set in Pacific Time.
I think it was GMT, or UTC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

~whew~

I was holding my breathe........until he was about 5 or 6 sentences in.......then I knew he was going to send them back.

If it's a "Timing" issue - I think that might point more towards a guilty verdict? Anybody else thinking that?

I would have to agree. It sounds like someone is having an issue with the timing of the woman's dvr, that did not set the clock for dst. If that's the case it may not take much to go over dst with the person to reassure them that the timing was not an hour off. I remember watching that part and while it was explained, I kind of had trouble following it. I understood it was off by an hour because of dst, but there was something that was said during that time that confused me.

FWIW

On the other hand, a retrial may be treated like a brand new trial, as new evidence may be presented. Indeed, sometimes the reason a retrial is necessary is that there is new evidence that was not available before. Also, sometimes new lawyers will be working on the retrial. A new jury will be selected and oftentimes a new judge will be presiding over case. Therefore, a retrial will always be much different from the original trial.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/criminal-retrial-lawyers.html

But the Judge mentioned a time difference of 3 hours ? So couldn't be the daylight savings time video

That might be difference between PST and EST

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10m10 minutes ago

#MoorerTrial - The jury wanted the judge to answer a question about exhibit 7. Judge would only say companies use diff time zones

Next trial watch , I need to remember to keep a list of what the exhibits are :gaah:

I would have to agree. It sounds like someone is having an issue with the timing of the woman's dvr, that did not set the clock for dst. If that's the case it may not take much to go over dst with the person to reassure them that the timing was not an hour off. I remember watching that part and while it was explained, I kind of had trouble following it. I understood it was off by an hour because of dst, but there was something that was said during that time that confused me.

Because it wasn't an exact hour. It was like an hour and 8 or 9 minutes.

I just hope it is not just the one single juror causing trouble for them.
If so then I hope the jury knows they can complain about one juror not being reasonable and move to try to get the alternate.

The reason I am so worried about this is ive seen two different trials where one juror caused a case trouble. The Jodi arias trial. That case had a single juror cause trouble in two different phases of the trial. Both times the single juror succeeded in deadlocking the trial and later on we find out that one of them had reasons for bias and the other one just favored the defendent at all cost.

For this case, we know for a fact there is a chance of bias for one particular juror. If we find out it was one juror holding out and it turns out to be that guy then I just hope the jury knows they can try to get an alternate put in his place.
Most juries would not know they can try to have an alternate put in if they feel the juror is not working with them. I think they need a valid reason though and maybe they have one.

Its going to be interesting when we find out how many were voting for guilty and how many were voting to acquit.

SM should really consider a plea deal right about now. It could go either way.
Does anyone know if he can make a plea deal or is it too late for him to do that?

Are we sure there is only one hold-out?

I know most think it is, but I don't think the holdout is KT's friend. Is he an attorney as well? (I missed voir dire.) People in the legal field can be inpartial. I also think the time difference concerns would not come from a very educated person as they understand that companies use the time zone of where they're based out of for their records.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member