MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they think they have a verdict and want to sleep on it.

I am guessing they took a straw vote and saw they were divided and now know it is going to take much hmore deliberation. I am voting hung jury late tomorrow afternoon ...

This blows my mind! Why wouldn't you not let them start deliberations until tomorrow, stay the night until they are done or sequester them? They have already discussed this among themselves. Smh @ Judge using his discretion aka very trusting of 12 random people. IMO

why are the private investigators there? it makes no sense, no one was called by the defense.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#MoorerTrial - I have NEVER seen a judge shake the hand of a defendant once the jury went back to deliberate. WTH?!!

View attachment 97152

In my 39 years of working in the criminal justice system, I have never sen a judge do this. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional! And unethical!!

Jurors wanna go home and sleep!

I don't blame them it can't be easy hopefully they will get a decent nights sleep.

See you all tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your news updates and discussion and a special thanks to moderator Coldpizza for all your help too.

Matt Parris WBTW ‏@MattParrisWBTW 3m3 minutes ago

Judge: "I've had some trials where the defendant was released for the night and never came back.: Sidney: "I'll come back" #MoorerTrial

https://twitter.com/MattParrisWBTW

In my 39 years of working in the criminal justice system, I have never sen a judge do this. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional!

Edit....never mind. I responded to the wrong thing.

But sending them home surprised me too.

In my 39 years of working in the criminal justice system, I have never sen a judge do this. Totally inappropriate and unprofessional!

The only situation where I think it is acceptable for a judge to shake a defendent's hand is if there has been a miscarriage of justice and their innocent just my opinion.

What is the Judge saying to the Attorneys? That link keeps cutting out?

I've popped the top on a cold adult beverage & am having it for Heather. I'm busy with bridesmaid duties tomorrow for a wedding Saturday so I'll be in and out tomorrow :( <mod snip>

I don't blame them it can't be easy hopefully they will get a decent nights sleep.

See you all tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your news updates and discussion and a special thanks to moderator Coldpizza for all your help too.

I don't blame them either. It's been a long day. They need to rest their minds and start fresh in the morning.

Okay, so I'm back to being distracted by stupid life and stuff. Is the jury excused until tomorrow? Or do I need to keep checking in tonight? TIA.

Whew, finally got caught up after darn work got in the way. Apparently just in time to hear the jury is dismissing!

Please let me add my sincerest thanks to everyone who posted the play by play for those of us who couldn't watch.

Now, if y'all don't mind :), #justiceforheather!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The jury made the right decision in calling it a night. They can deliver their verdict tomorrow morning after a good night's sleep to make sure their minds are fresh and clear in the morning, IMO. Also, for those who get paid time off work for jury duty, they get another day's pay tomorrow for maybe just a couple hours worked if this ends quickly. Win-win for this deserving jury. I feel confident we'll have a verdict tomorrow, and I also feel confident it will be GUILTY.

Okay, so I'm back to being distracted by stupid life and stuff. Is the jury excused until tomorrow? Or do I need to keep checking in tonight? TIA.

The Jury is excused until 9:00 A.M. tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member