Misty C. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big problem with the Cobra is that he works for Crystal. Everything he uncovers will go directly against Misty and Ronald no matter what. If he found evidence to exonerate either one in wrongdoing, it is my belief we would not ever hear about it.

Well, if Ron and Misty are as clean and innocent as they claim to be, this should not be an issue for them. ;)

While googling around, I found articles about Cobra. Based on what I've read, he ia a man of integrity. I do not believe for one second he would jepoardize his reputation by withholding evidence clearing Ron and Misty.

And Ron has the option to have his own PI. Nothing is preventing him from doing so.

Or maybe Misty put Haleigh to bed in the Hannah Montana shirt, left the house, Haleigh got up to change got a shirt out of the laundry room and left the Hannah Montana shirt there. When Misty got home she panics because Haleigh is gone does not think to look in the laundry for the clothes Haleigh had on when she put her to bed.
but why the two different accounts on what she was wearing and now a third (not knowing) just saying...

For her to have any ties to Haleigh's disappearance, all one would need to do is determine whether her story holds true. Even the confusion of sleep into panic can't explain why her mind hasn't solidified her story. She has now admitted to the inconsistencies, so we can all agree that her story doesn't ring true. If her goal was to help find what happened to Haleigh, her method to attaining that goal is simple: TRUTH. She, in admitting to the inconsistencies, and being asked why, adds another lie: "I don't know." Yes, she does. Everyone knows why they lie. First rule of lying is self-protection. But what is she protecting that she cannot allow anyone to know? And why at that juncture, knowing that she's just admitted to having been inconsistent, would she continue to be evasive?

People in stressful situations are "allowed" to be scared and confused and not a little terrified about what's going on. Add her age onto it, and it could have all been explained away with "I was so scared and I was just trying to figure out what MUST have happened because I just don't know what happened." That would have explained it all and given at least 1/2 of WS'rs validation that their theory was right about her and she's just a frightened little girl who finds herself way in over her head. Somehow she feels this option is not available to her. I will guess, though purely speculation, it was eliminated as an option because she wants to appear responsible, older, and "grown up" to everyone.

The next possibility for inconsistencies is that she was chemically altered. It is not a claim to know she was, it is an option to explain. She parties, passes out, finds Haleigh gone and, because of her age, cannot admit this to the police for fear of punishment. One would hope that she would get over that pretty quickly, understanding that the situation is grave enough that a petty charge of MIP would pale in comparison to knowing what was going on in the hours before Haleigh went missing. But she feels this option isn't available to her, either. I will guess, again pure speculation, that if this is the case, it is because she knows how Ron is. Not only will he blame her, but all her dreams of being Mrs. Ron will go down the toilet and she'll be out on her ear. He is not readily reasonable, though perhaps he can get there given time. But this is his daughter, and it's hard to believe that there would be any situation that would suggest he would be reasonable, yet inexplicably, Ron not only listens to reason, he proposes and marries Misty. Now the other half of WS'rs are convinced that their theory is correct, and Misty and Ron have a shared interest in the story. IF Misty was chemically altered, Ron will be (rightfully) pursued by DCF for leaving his children in the care of a minor doing illegal substances (alcohol is considered an illegal substance as well due to her age). Ron stands to lose an awful lot, as it turns out. Suddenly, they're tied together in a complicit agreement to keep part of the story hidden (we don't need to be looking at what he does in his personal life, remember?). Then we get into whether Misty was actually home or not. All in the last paragraph still applies, since they each have as much to lose. Does that mean either of them had anything to do with what happened to Haleigh when she disappeared? Not at all, other than that they keep part of the truth that protects them and they believe doesn't add anything to the story that Haleigh was taken and they did not do it. But it DOES matter. Truth, no matter what has to be revealed about the adults in her life, is all that will help bring Haleigh home.

The question of "What happened to Haleigh?", then, is IRREVOCABLY tied to what the two adults in her life do with their personal life

Bolded by me

Exactly......exactly. :clap::clap:

Here we are over a month since Haleigh's disappearance and equally that long into the investigation and I ask myself today "Where are we in this case, what do we now know compared to a month ago, have we REALLY been able to eliminate ANY possible suspects in this case and if not has there at least been any shifting of positions within the list of possible suspects, i.e,. has Ron moved to #1 vs. Misty or has a stranger abductor moved to # 1 vs. Ron, and so on...)???
From where I stand I don't see alot of questions answered and I don't see movement/shifting within the list of possible suspects -
I see Misty as #1 on the suspect list for the following reasons;
a.) She was the last known person to be with Haleigh when the disappearance occurred. b.) She is a live-in caretaker as well as being in a parental position within the family. (Family = Ron, Misty, Haleigh, and Jr.) She continues to be # 1 on the possible suspects' list for the following reasons;
a.) Inconsistancies in her account of the events leading up to and following Haleigh's disappearance. b.) There, as of yet, has been no other evidence to point away from 202 Green Lane on the evening of February 9th and into the early morning hours of February 10th, the time-span in which Haleigh was known to be in the care of Misty up to the time of her disappearance.
Since this thread is about Misty I won't go into the details of the possible suspects in positions # 2, 3,...but RC continues to be #2 and Crystal continues to be # 3. The difficulty that I have going beyond this point is having very little information as to the names of close friends and associates of R & M but at this time #4 would be any individual or individuals that are extended family members or known friends and/or associates to R & M - most especially those that have ANY criminal record/history of sexual assault (even if vic's are adults and not a child(ren). My opinion as far as LE/investigator's in this case and lack of information to the public is that they are being extremely smart in this case. They are holding alot of info very close to the vest so to say and, again, my opinion only, this keeps every possible suspect and every possible accomplice (or those with knowledge of) in the dark - exactly where you want them to be. To put too much info out there too quickly, hate to use a fishing analogy..., is like when you get a bite on your line, excitement takes over, you start reeling it in too fast and too hard and the line breaks - not only have you lost your fish, you've lost the pricey lure you just purchased for the fishing trip - thus that same lure can't be used again...
These are my thoughts at the moment on this case and the reason that I personally am not frustrated with the lack of public information available via LE.

MOO

I really don't know. I can only speculate that she presents as a very naive, very helpful, vulnerable young woman. They have only known her 5 or 6 months. My question is: Is she really those things? Or did she set her sights on marrying RC and just reflected on what she perceived that the family wanted to see in her, to win them over, to get what she wanted, which was a marriage.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that's what happened :) I'm just saying the very slight shift in her demeanor since the ring, could possibly indicate that this is what was going on.

I have been known to be fooled by people myself. I hate to admit it but I have.

I'm not sure what to think about MC to be honest. Just my two cents.

I think this may be the case. Go back and watch the interview with her and her mother as they left the courthouse. Lisa Croslin says they wanted to get married earlier, 5 months ago she says, than this but she wouldn't let her until she turned 18.

5 Months ago - they had known each other how long 5 months ago ? 1 month or less.

but why the two different accounts on what she was wearing and now a third (not knowing) just saying...

Just my guess and based on the fact that we now know LE is not exactly convinced of Misty's accounting of the evening is that the description of a pink shirt and tan pants most likely came from GGM Sykes and was what Haleigh was wearing to her recollection when she stopped by that evening.

I am having a hard time believing anything happened to Haleigh in the pink shirt at all. Why Misty even mentioned it is beyond me. Again, makes no sense. Even if she told LE intially she was wearing a HM pink shirt...why point it out later? And why didn't the logo on the shirt go out with the AA if she did mention it?

I really don't know. I can only speculate that she presents as a very naive, very helpful, vulnerable young woman. They have only known her 5 or 6 months. My question is: Is she really those things? Or did she set her sights on marrying RC and just reflected on what she perceived that the family wanted to see in her, to win them over, to get what she wanted, which was a marriage.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that's what happened :) I'm just saying the very slight shift in her demeanor since the ring, could possibly indicate that this is what was going on.

I have been known to be fooled by people myself. I hate to admit it but I have.

I'm not sure what to think about MC to be honest. Just my two cents.
JMO, but Misty is no vulnerable, naive, innocent young girl. Apparently she's had quite a rough life, she's had to fend for herself a lot. She's a survivalist...... she'll do whatever it takes to cover her own a$$.

In other words, she knows how to work it.

It's as plain as the Marlboro dangling from her lips (to me anyway).

I'd also like to point out the following reasons that have nothing to do with why Misty remains #1, imo, of possible suspects in this case;
1.) her age and/or immaturity level
2.) history (or alledged history) of sexual abuse/assault...
3.) education or lack thereof, including the use of grammer or the way she speaks,...
4.) because of the 'type' of family that she came from (who's her mama, who's her daddy...
5.) the possibilty that she very may well have wanted to marry RC from day one as it isn't unusual for a young girl from an unhealthy/unhappy home (upbringing...) to seek out the Prince who will kiss her and save her from a live of misery and her coach w/ horses from turning back into a pumpkin at midnight.
6.) because she is a smoker
7.) the way that she dresses or the clothes that she wears
Just a note: I also don't feel, for lack of a better term, fixated on Misty. I don't feel that she is the absolute, one and only, couldn't possibly be anyone else, it has to be her suspect in this case - to put it another way - NOTHING would surprise me in this case as to who turns out to be the actual perpetrator(s)!

MOO

IMO, at this stage in Haleigh's disappearance and in the investigation, somebody (specifically Ron, Misty, Crystal...) hiring PI's, attorneys, psychics,...is not an indication of their guilt or of their innocence. If every single one of them has lawyers by days end - I'd rather they didn't BUT I wouldn't blame them at this point and it wouldn't, as I said before, indicate any guilt on their part. JMO

I am having a hard time believing anything happened to Haleigh in the pink shirt at all. Why Misty even mentioned it is beyond me. Again, makes no sense. Even if she told LE intially she was wearing a HM pink shirt...why point it out later? And why didn't the logo on the shirt go out with the AA if she did mention it?

IDK. Maybe if "something happened" to Haleigh, then Misty knew the pink top could be connected somehow.(for example if there are traces of urine on it--this could go to motive) Better to say that Haleigh had been wearing it when she was abducted, in case LE found it later.

Flash forward: Misty is now faced with detectives who bring her inside the trailer and ask her to "find" the clothing Haleigh wore to school that day. She has to go through the dirty clothing pile. She probably knows that they've already seen the described Hannah Montana shirt. She has a choice. Does she say anything, or does she hope they haven't noticed? She chooses to "discover" the pink top.

Now comes the final choice. Misty can say "I must have been mistaken about What Haleigh was wearing when I put her to bed" OR "The bad guy must have thrown that in the dirty clothing pile." Misty chose the latter explanation and the Cummings family has stuck by that answer ever since.

This is just one possible scenario.

IMO, at this stage in Haleigh's disappearance and in the investigation, somebody (specifically Ron, Misty, Crystal...) hiring PI's, attorneys, psychics,...is not an indication of their guilt or of their innocence. If every single one of them has lawyers by days end - I'd rather they didn't BUT I wouldn't blame them at this point and it wouldn't, as I said before, indicate any guilt on their part. JMO
And I say BULL! LOL People can say it isn't out of guilt...but innocent people usually don't feel a need to lawyer up which is one reason I felt like Ronald and Misty didn't have anything to do with Haleigh going missing.

I wouldn't blame them for getting lawyers now...since Crystal obtained one (making me more suspicious of her). However, it would make me suspicious of them, too. Lawyers ADD nothing to a missing persons case. They are a definite detriment in finding out the truth in any case, imo. A sad reality.

I just watched the Today show tape and you'll never convince me (short of a confession) that Misty had anything to do with this.

And I don't think she even understood what inconsistent statements means.

It was like watching someone who is only understanding every other word of a conversation.

I think if someone would ask her in a vocabulary that she actually understands they will get to the bottom of whatever LE thinks she is inconsistent about.

IMO she has nothing to do with Haleigh's abduction and I think she's been run up a tree or she's the greatest little actress to come along since Jodi Foster was her age
(which I highly doubt).
~

Same reason the information about Haleighs toes did not? It just doesnt make sense if Misty staged this why would she turn around and say yes this is the shirt I thought she had on she would of just kept her mouth shut and let people believe Haleigh had the pink shirt on.

I'd also like to point out the following reasons that have nothing to do with why Misty remains #1, imo, of possible suspects in this case;
1.) her age and/or immaturity level
2.) history (or alledged history) of sexual abuse/assault...
3.) education or lack thereof, including the use of grammer or the way she speaks,...
4.) because of the 'type' of family that she came from (who's her mama, who's her daddy...
5.) the possibilty that she very may well have wanted to marry RC from day one as it isn't unusual for a young girl from an unhealthy/unhappy home (upbringing...) to seek out the Prince who will kiss her and save her from a live of misery and her coach w/ horses from turning back into a pumpkin at midnight.
6.) because she is a smoker
7.) the way that she dresses or the clothes that she wears
Just a note: I also don't feel, for lack of a better term, fixated on Misty. I don't feel that she is the absolute, one and only, couldn't possibly be anyone else, it has to be her suspect in this case - to put it another way - NOTHING would surprise me in this case as to who turns out to be the actual perpetrator(s)!

MOO

Bolded by me because I am in agreement too. Nothing solidly points to MC as being the only perp or even a perp as a matter of fact.

I do agree with all the reasons you listed for not keeping her at the top of the list of suspects with the exception of:

1. Only the immaturity level---as this plays out I think that it is important to keep in mind what exactly her maturity level is and her ability within that maturity level to determine what is an appropriate level of care, and an ablility to determine if someone who had access to that home may have had a hidden agenda while visiting. JMHO on why that may or may not be important to consider.

5. Yes I think the marriage and the quickness in which it was sought, is a factor that can't be dismissed as of yet. It is true that she may have had an ideal of a knight in shining armor to carry her away. IMHO it is a factor that needs to be kept in our minds as a possible factor directly relating to the disappearance since we can't rule out any theories, only look for probable theories as opposed to possible theories.

I am in complete agreement that her chronological age, her personal history of alleged abuses against her, the background of her immediate family in regards to their contributions to her upbringing, that fact that she smokes, or what she wears really have no bearing on this case.

I find it interesting to read what others find important as opposed to what I find important. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe she just blurted it out without thinking.
Maybe the LE painted her into a corner where she could say nothing else.
Maybe she figured that she couldn't pocket the shirt without being noticed and once other relatives were allowed in the house they would say, "Hey Misty, didn't you say that Haleigh was wearing this shirt when she disappeared? But it's still here."
Maybe she had some kind of bizarre reasoning that telling about it would make her look more honest. She said in an interview something like, why would she have told the LE about the shirt if she had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

And I say BULL! LOL People can say it isn't out of guilt...but innocent people usually don't feel a need to lawyer up which is one reason I felt like Ronald and Misty didn't have anything to do with Haleigh going missing.

I wouldn't blame them for getting lawyers now...since Crystal obtained one (making me more suspicious of her). However, it would make me suspicious of them, too. Lawyers ADD nothing to a missing persons case. They are a definite detriment in finding out the truth in any case, imo. A sad reality.

I look at it this way, if one of them (Ron, Misty, Crystal) had lawyered up within the first few days I might be inclined to pay notice and question the reasoning but we're a month into this case and those closest to Haleigh and high on the suspect list are STILL being questioned, interviewed, undergoing lie/deception detection tested so I certainly understand any one of them getting legal representation at this point - I still don't like it BUT that is ONLY because it will limit severely LE's access to them - NOT because I view it as an admission of guilt by any one of them. Am I making any sense!? Lol :banghead: :crazy: :40__s: All Better now...:D

And I don't think she even understood what inconsistent statements means.
~

She wouldn't have to understand if she stopped making them. It's not that hard to tell the truth, nothing but the truth and the same truth every time.

I think in this case Misty really needs counsel. I also agree that in most missing cases lawyers getting involved early on hinder investigations but this case has gone on too long.

By the first week/days LE should have had a POI and a suspect by the second or third.
Since they are no closer to either I'm convinced they got caught in the tunnel. Tunnel vision makes for cold cases which is where this one is headed if they don't find someone who can communicate on a level to clear family members.
They have not officially cleared anyone in this case.
That is not acceptable.

~

They have not officially cleared anyone in this case.
That is not acceptable.

~

I agree. Somebody must have an alibi they have been able to check by now...
If this becomes a cold case, all these people will forever live in the shadow of grief and suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member