Misty C. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay even though this is off topic to this particular thread I have to ask since a small discussion is going on about lawyering up (trying to figure out how to put MC's initials in this post so it stays...:)).

Exactly, what type of lawyer is the one that offered CS her pro-bono work? Criminal? If so, I also have a problem with that lawyer's involvement. Civil? In particular family cases, then I don't because CS seems to be motivated to regain custody from RC (including MC now that they are married in an around about way I got MC in there :))

Now, I do think that both sides and MC herself need advisors. Someone that can help them navigate the media but those advisors would need to refrain from involving themself in the actual investigation. IMHO that is extremely important not to become involved in the investigation.

Now as far as the other camp's lawyer hiring a PI, even though I do support the idea that we need all the feet on the ground that we can get, it smells ever so slightly of inpropriety and that is my ever so humble opinon.

She wouldn't have to understand if she stopped making them. It's not that hard to tell the truth, nothing but the truth and the same truth every time.

I don't know if she's telling the truth about some of the timeline or not but I do think that when people use words in conversation that other people need a translator for, it can get very confusing in a hurry.
Or they simply say they don't know. Which is what she said.

IMO she didn't have a clue what was being asked of her. It might as well been Spanish or French. She didn't understand.

~

Or maybe Misty put Haleigh to bed in the Hannah Montana shirt, left the house, Haleigh got up to change got a shirt out of the laundry room and left the Hannah Montana shirt there. When Misty got home she panics because Haleigh is gone does not think to look in the laundry for the clothes Haleigh had on when she put her to bed.

Busymom, this sounds very possible. If you're looking for a child, you would not be looking into a pile of laundry so you would not notice the shirt she was wearing when you last saw her. From what I understand, Misty noticed the shirt in the laundry pile while LE was present.
Having the shirt appear in the laundty, puts a different light on Misty's account of what happened. I too believe Misty was gone from the home for whatever time- an hour or a few minutes.
jmo

I don't know if she's telling the truth about some of the timeline or not but I do think that when people use words in conversation that other people need a translator for, it can get very confusing in a hurry.
Or they simply say they don't know. Which is what she said.

IMO she didn't have a clue what was being asked of her. It might as well been Spanish or French. She didn't understand.

~

I respect your opinion. I differ in that I have a hard time accepting that Misty does not understand simple questions. Such as those that would be asked to define a simple timeline.

I agree with the other poster that it's not difficult to answer truthfully when all that comes out of your mouth is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

That goes back to the theory that if someone tells the truth the first time, then as they recall that incident in retelling, they may add more detail to flesh out the initial reporting of the incident. However, the bare bones facts that are outlined in the initial telling are not completely contridicted. IMHO we have not seen variances in MC's statements that could be attributed to fleshing out the story, so to speak, but actual changing of crucial details.

I don't know but IMHO, Misty can speak and understand the English language enough to answer a question truthfully. Or if she didn't understand the question she comprehends the English language enough to say "I don't understand what you're asking me". JMHO.

Okay even though this is off topic to this particular thread I have to ask since a small discussion is going on about lawyering up (trying to figure out how to put MC's initials in this post so it stays...:)).

Exactly, what type of lawyer is the one that offered CS her pro-bono work? Criminal? If so, I also have a problem with that lawyer's involvement. Civil? In particular family cases, then I don't because CS seems to be motivated to regain custody from RC (including MC now that they are married in an around about way I got MC in there :))

Now, I do think that both sides and MC herself need advisors. Someone that can help them navigate the media but those advisors would need to refrain from involving themself in the actual investigation. IMHO that is extremely important not to become involved in the investigation.

Now as far as the other camp's lawyer hiring a PI, even though I do support the idea that we need all the feet on the ground that we can get, it smells ever so slightly of inpropriety and that is my ever so humble opinon.

I agree that Misty needs council, an advisor, a translator ...anybody who can help this situation move in the right direction.
Either clear her or call her what she is ... a poi.
LE's reluctance to do so makes me think they are worried she will lawyer up.

IMHO I honestly will be the first one shocked and laying on the ground (and it won't be the first time) if she did have anything to do with this.

~

Busymom, this sounds very possible. If you're looking for a child, you would not be looking into a pile of laundry so you would not notice the shirt she was wearing when you last saw her. From what I understand, Misty noticed the shirt in the laundry pile while LE was present.
Having the shirt appear in the laundty, puts a different light on Misty's account of what happened. I too believe Misty was gone from the home for whatever time- an hour or a few minutes. jmo

And that would be one reason that she would never tell on herself. E-V-E-R. IMHO. Because to do so would mean to lose RC. He would never forgive her for being gone and he would perceive it as negligent. I haven't formed a lot of opinions about RC, but I'm fairly certain if it came to light that MC stepped out of the home and that is the reason Haleigh disappeared, RC wouldn't be very forgiving.If she admitted to it, that could go with the theory of "she had set her sights on marrying RC" and was afraid of losing him. Just my two cents on why that would work.

I respect your opinion. I differ in that I have a hard time accepting that Misty does not understand simple questions. Such as those that would be asked to define a simple timeline.

I agree with the other poster that it's not difficult to answer truthfully when all that comes out of your mouth is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

That goes back to the theory that if someone tells the truth the first time, then as they recall that incident in retelling, they may add more detail to flesh out the initial reporting of the incident. However, the bare bones facts that are outlined in the initial telling are not completely contridicted. IMHO we have not seen variances in MC's statements that could be attributed to fleshing out the story, so to speak, but actual changing of crucial details.

I don't know but IMHO, Misty can speak and understand the English language enough to answer a question truthfully. Or if she didn't understand the question she comprehends the English language enough to say "I don't understand what you're asking me". JMHO.

I guess that's the impression I got. She didn't know enough to say "I don't understand what you are asking me."
Or she was embarrassed and didn't want to say "Hey, I've only got an 8th grade or whatever education and I don't know what the he** you're talking about."
That's where she needs council or an advisor or a big sister.

But I do understand what you're saying. I just don't think she does.

~

I'd think that after a month of being questioned by the LE about her inconsistent statements the term might have come up. Maybe she did not know what it means a month ago but I'm sure she does now. ;)

I originally felt that MC was genuine. When I watched the small portion of her interview where she discusses how much she cared about Haleigh and Jr. She goes on to saw that they speak "just lovely" or "say lovely things about her" sorry, can't remember exact quote. From a person who appears quite simple, I find that statement odd. Maybe it is part of the Florida vernacular??? Lovely is a strange choice of words and almost sounds like she is repeating something someone else said about the children's affections toward MC and she is merely repeating it?

O/T - Am I the only one who see's Joaquin Phoenix everytime they show RC? His character in the movie To Die For is spot on!!!!!

I originally felt that MC was genuine. When I watched the small portion of her interview where she discusses how much she cared about Haleigh and Jr. She goes on to saw that they speak "just lovely" or "say lovely things about her" sorry, can't remember exact quote. From a person who appears quite simple, I find that statement odd. Maybe it is part of the Florida vernacular??? Lovely is a strange choice of words and almost sounds like she is repeating something someone else said about the children's affections toward MC and she is merely repeating it?

O/T - Am I the only one who see's Joaquin Phoenix everytime they show RC? His character in the movie To Die For is spot on!!!!!

Odd choice of words with Misty. I thought it sounded "old" for her--almost like a classic movie, if that makes any sense.

O/T: had the same thought about Joaquin...can't believe someone else thought the same.

I'd think that after a month of being questioned by the LE about her inconsistent statements the term might have come up. Maybe she did not know what it means a month ago but I'm sure she does now. ;)

Yes. You could be right about that.
Like I said before, I'll be first one laid out in shock if they link her to what happened to Haleigh but I can't see how this little lady got past the big guys in LE, FBI, Federal Marshall etc. unless she's really innocent.
Not to mention her new Mother in law ... ;)

And that would be one reason that she would never tell on herself. E-V-E-R. IMHO. Because to do so would mean to lose RC. He would never forgive her for being gone and he would perceive it as negligent. I haven't formed a lot of opinions about RC, but I'm fairly certain if it came to light that MC stepped out of the home and that is the reason Haleigh disappeared, RC wouldn't be very forgiving.If she admitted to it, that could go with the theory of "she had set her sights on marrying RC" and was afraid of losing him. Just my two cents on why that would work.

Currently I’m leaning towards this direction too. I think she put the kids to bed, made sure they were sound asleep, went out to have a little fun with folks closer to her own age and returned to find no Haleigh. Uh oh can’t tell RC I was out partying with the stud-ly 18yo’s he’ll go ape sheet, or something to that effect.
Personally, as of right now I’m not convinced anyone took her. Didn’t I read somewhere (http://www.cbs47.com/mostpopular/st...ings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx) she had prior near drowning incident because she wandered off and ended up in a body of water near her home? Or what if she woke up and Misty wasn’t around so she went to go look for her outside, assuming she was smoking, nope not in the normal spot, keeps looking /heads to Grandma Croslin’s… then a myriad possibilities…

I really believe that LE is naming MC as the main POI without directly stating it. I think they are giving her enough rope to hang herself. The comments from the last presser regarding do the right thing I think were directed at her. I think by them stating that she is the key to the investigation and stating that she has not be ruled out as suspect speak volumes. They are not saying these things about other family members. The said they have not ruled any others out, but feel comfortable with RC's account for the 8 hours prior. She has been questioned at least half a dozen times. They are trying to break her.

I don't necessarily know how I feel about whether or not she was involved in Haleigh's disappearance. Part of me feels something is just not right. I do believe that she knows what inconsistency means and for her to not have an answer makes her more untrustworthy to me. It puzzles me though how RC could accept that type of response if he too were not aware of why the change in stories and not being able to answer why she has told so many versions. If my husband was the last person seen with my missing child and could not explain why his story kept changing I would be livid. I would not have been able to compose myself on that couch during the Today show interview. How can he let her get away with that response.

I think MC better be finding some counsel soon.

I really believe that LE is naming MC as the main POI without directly stating it. I think they are giving her enough rope to hang herself. The comments from the last presser regarding do the right thing I think were directed at her. I think by them stating that she is the key to the investigation and stating that she has not be ruled out as suspect speak volumes. They are not saying these things about other family members. The said they have not ruled any others out, but feel comfortable with RC's account for the 8 hours prior. She has been questioned at least half a dozen times. They are trying to break her.

I don't necessarily know how I feel about whether or not she was involved in Haleigh's disappearance. Part of me feels something is just not right. I do believe that she knows what inconsistency means and for her to not have an answer makes her more untrustworthy to me. It puzzles me though how RC could accept that type of response if he too were not aware of why the change in stories and not being able to answer why she has told so many versions. If my husband was the last person seen with my missing child and could not explain why his story kept changing I would be livid. I would not have been able to compose myself on that couch during the Today show interview. How can he let her get away with that response.

I think MC better be finding some counsel soon.

personally I think the answer lies in the fact she looked to him for an answer to that question. perhaps she is saying what she is told to say.

for instance, initially she said they were all in the same bed. Then there was talk of DCS investigations and that he was required to move so the children could have their own rooms. So maybe it was felt that saying they were all in the same bed would lead to more involvement by DCS or to losing JR? so the story changed.

the most telling thing was that he didn't even bother to assist her. I think they are in cahoots but he is going to let her take the full blame. If she has no proof of his involvement..... why should he? after all..... he was at work and he doesn't know anything.

personally I think the answer lies in the fact she looked to him for an answer to that question. perhaps she is saying what she is told to say.

for instance, initially she said they were all in the same bed. Then there was talk of DCS investigations and that he was required to move so the children could have their own rooms. So maybe it was felt that saying they were all in the same bed would lead to more involvement by DCS or to losing JR? so the story changed.

the most telling thing was that he didn't even bother to assist her. I think they are in cahoots but he is going to let her take the full blame. If she has no proof of his involvement..... why should he? after all..... he was at work and he doesn't know anything.

That's an interesting interpretation. It always fascinates me to get other's interpretations of an instance.

I, interpreted it differently though. I saw the interview on TV then watched it again a couple of times on the internet. Just because, no special reason.

In the moment immediately following Meredith's questions about why has your story changed (something along the lines of that question). IIRC, the camera was centered on MC, and RC was out of frame.

I noticed too that she paused and looked at him. But I just figured since he was out of frame, he may have shifted his body, or inclined his head, or he could have looked at her briefly and back or he could have picked his nose for all I know.

Or she could have been looking at him because she felt like she was in the hot seat and she wanted him to defend her.

At any rate she gave her standard answer of "I don't know".

I do enjoy other's interpretations and want to say thank you to all of those that post what they see and hear.

That's an interesting interpretation. It always fascinates me to get other's interpretations of an instance.

I, interpreted it differently though. I saw the interview on TV then watched it again a couple of times on the internet. Just because, no special reason.

In the moment immediately following Meredith's questions about why has your story changed (something along the lines of that question). IIRC, the camera was centered on MC, and RC was out of frame.

I noticed too that she paused and looked at him. But I just figured since he was out of frame, he may have shifted his body, or inclined his head, or he could have looked at her briefly and back or he could have picked his nose for all I know.

Or she could have been looking at him because she felt like she was in the hot seat and she wanted him to defend her.

At any rate she gave her standard answer of "I don't know".

I do enjoy other's interpretations and want to say thank you to all of those that post what they see and hear.

your points are equally valid, I wish we had a few more camera angles to review... ;)

Odd choice of words with Misty. I thought it sounded "old" for her--almost like a classic movie, if that makes any sense.

O/T: had the same thought about Joaquin...can't believe someone else thought the same.

Was she trying to say "lovingly" and got the wrong word?

Just my guess and based on the fact that we now know LE is not exactly convinced of Misty's accounting of the evening is that the description of a pink shirt and tan pants most likely came from GGM Sykes and was what Haleigh was wearing to her recollection when she stopped by that evening.

That makes perfect sense Charlie. I think LE believes GmMa Sykes was there at 7pm, and is why they are looking into the time between 7pm and 3am. Evidently GmMa was the last person to see Haleigh besides Misty and Jr.

How can you say she "looked to him for an answer" when they were only showing a tight shot of her alone? I saw her glance in the general direction, but I didn't see her looking at him for an extended period or anything like she was wanting him to answer for her etc.

I do believe he was at work during the time he states and it is why he keeps repeating it. He knows LE and his employer already have verified he was definitely at work and his alibi is airtight for the hours he was on the job.

I guess that's the impression I got. She didn't know enough to say "I don't understand what you are asking me."
Or she was embarrassed and didn't want to say "Hey, I've only got an 8th grade or whatever education and I don't know what the he** you're talking about."
That's where she needs council or an advisor or a big sister.

But I do understand what you're saying. I just don't think she does.

~

The question put to her on the Today Show was short and very to the point to where anyone could understand it IMO. It was something link "Misty, do you know why your stories have been inconsistant and you have changed them several times"?

I'd have to read the exact question again, but that is my memory of it.

I bet when she said "I don't know' to that particular question, every lawman working on the case and watching the show said OMG! It implies she is not being truthful IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23