Misty C. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the story wrong!!! I thought the cousin left town way before Haleigh went missing. geeish:(

Orb,
That's what I heard, too. Did it change? When Anna spoke on her thread I believe she said she knew nothing about that incident but that there was another incident the weekend before Haleigh went missing. Am I correct in this, Pirate? I'm thinking the cousin left 2 weeks before and then there was an altercation right before. Can anyone confirm?

Just had a weird experience...it was 85 degrees here today in Kansas so many in our golf course neighborhood have doors and windows open to the fresh air....I had wandered away from these threads and was listening to the news on tv...then from somewhere outside I could hear a doorbell ringing with...you guessed it a Windsor clock chime sequence. It was definitely NOT a cell phone ring...but sounded like it was at least a few houses away from mine or maybe even across the fairway! If anyone has one, maybe they could check to see how far they can get from their house and still hear it???? And NO...I don't plan to go around the neighborhood ringing doorbells to find out!

* * * Reminder, this is the Misty C. thread * * *​

Sorry...I thought the tip called in regarding the doorbell had something to do with where Misty might have been late that night! Someone said that a neighbor heard that doorbell late at night before Haleigh was reported missing???

I guess I don't understand..
If Joe had anything to do with this, with all the finger pointing, wouldn't LE have already had him brought down to Florida to face more questioning?
I wish I knew exactly when Misty told the story of Joe to LE?

I guess I don't understand..
If Joe had anything to do with this, with all the finger pointing, wouldn't LE have already had him brought down to Florida to face more questioning?
I wish I knew exactly when Misty told the story of Joe to LE?

We have been told that Joe left Florida for Tennessee on Monday morning, February 9. I don't know if that's true, but it's one of the things we have heard.

If Joe did leave on Monday morning, he can easily prove that he was in Georgia and later Tennessee throughout that day, evening and later in the early morning hours.

He would have had to stop for gas and food. And if he did bring a friend with him, there would be a witness to his whereabouts. There would also be his Tennessee friends, family and neighbors who could say he was or was not home by Tuesday morning, Feb. 10.

It takes about 2.5-3 hours to get into Georgia from this area.

About 6-7 hours to get to Atlanta.

About 9-10 hours to get into Tennessee.

And on the odd chance that he flew during this trip, it's very easy to confirm that he was on a flight and not possibly involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

I wonder if LE originally stated that "Joe" from "Tennessee" was cleared because he was able to provide proof that he was not in Florida in the window of time Haleigh went missing.

What I don't understand are the changing stories.

We have been told that Joe left Florida for Tennessee on Monday morning, February 9. I don't know if that's true, but it's one of the things we have heard.

If Joe did leave on Monday morning, he can easily prove that he was in Georgia and later Tennessee throughout that day, evening and later in the early morning hours.

He would have had to stop for gas and food. And if he did bring a friend with him, there would be a witness to his whereabouts. There would also be his Tennessee friends, family and neighbors who could say he was or was not home by Tuesday morning, Feb. 10.

And on the odd chance that he flew during this trip, it's very easy to confirm that he was on a flight and not possibly involved in Haleigh's disappearance.

I wonder if LE originally stated that "Joe" from "Tennessee" was cleared because he was able to provide proof that he was not in Florida in the window of time Haleigh went missing.

Are the changing stories you are talking about, the ones coming from investigators? I can remember one saying that Joe was clear, or not a suspect or had nothing to do with this..something to that nature.
I can't help but wonder if they came back and said he is being looked at along with everyone else, is because the last thing they wanted to do at this point was rule anyone out?
I still think Misty holds the key in this. I don't believe anything she said about that night. I do think she has a motive, she had the opportunity..

I honestly thought JO was a done deal until Misty's Mom and Dad went in what, 2 days ago and brought him up again?

There was a news conference in which the LE speaking was asked by media about "Joe." And specifically "Joe from Tennessee."

He then said that he was "cleared."

Then a few days later we were told that nobody was cleared.

So what I think is that the original comment about Joe being cleared was probably the truth from a LE perspective.

Then a few days later they made a sweeping statement that "nobody" has been cleared.

I tend to disbelieve that nobody has been cleared.

I'm sure there are people in the inner circle who are unequivocally ruled out from having done anything to Haleigh. Members of both families as well as Misty's family.

For instance, her father was either in the hospital or in a wheelchair at the time Haleigh disappeared.

I'm sure other people were either at work or easily accounted for with proof.

I think these sweeping statements are only to keep the real suspects from knowing who LE is really looking at as suspicious.

I agree pirate!
Another thing..I understand that some may not like the camera's in their face or whatever, but if their suspicions really hold any merit, they would not stop about Jo..All of them would take every opportunity they could in front of the camera to point the finger at Joe.
I think at this point, Misty's family realizes where the direction is leaning, so in order to keep the focus off their daughter they will continue to bring it up!
Do we know how many times she has been questioned now?

Theory

Possibly Misty gave the kids something to make them sleep. She was exhausted, laid down, woke up and Haleigh was dead and her bed wet. She was afraid of Ron so she began to put the plan together. Contacted her brother for help disposing of the child, staged it like a break-in and considered blaming Joe.

It is too late to check JR's blood/hair for anything. Misty may have "accidently" killed Haleigh. If so, at least one other person knows the story.

I honestly thought JO was a done deal until Misty's Mom and Dad went in what, 2 days ago and brought him up again?

Just to follow a timeline:

Monday, March 2
Ron and Misty drive in a southerly direction to get a tattoo for Ron. He is, unexpectedly, videotaped by the media as he leaves the shop. Did the media follow Ron and Misty to Pinellas Park or were they alerted by someone in the shop ? Both of these scenarios raise some pretty interesting possibilities.

We don't know how Ron knew that a tattoo had been prepaid for him at that particular shop in that city. However, this is the first time we are aware of Ron and/or Misty leaving the Satsuma area since Hayleigh's disappearance, right ?

Tuesday, March 3
ABCActionNews shows videotape of Ron exiting the tattoo parlor.

MC's parents go to LE with new and/or additional details regarding the possible involvement of Misty's cousin Joe, in Hayleigh's disappearance. Joe lives in Tennessee. The new details include an alleged statement by Joe.

"One morning, on the porch, (Joe) said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

03/04/09 6PM Report "Misty Croslin's Family Pointing Fingers": VIDEO 1:40
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ect=1052125297

Coincidence ? Maybe. Deliberate attempt to focus attention in the opposite direction of the trip south to Pinellas Park ? Again, maybe. However, Hayleigh had been missing for more than 20 days before MC's parents came forward with this daming alleged statement by Joe. JMHO

I totally agree that the timing of the Croslins' statement is interesting. You would think they would have told LE that from the start. But their statement...at least what we know of it...was basically what we had been hearing for awhile. So to me it was like they want to push the JO theory, and take the focus off of Misty. But the tat thing....IDK, I think there is more to that too.

Shaymus,
I honestly believe it was attention diverted, not for Ron but for Misty.
I am a mother too, and if I thought for one second that my nephew had anything to do with a child going missing, I wouldn't care whose feelings I hurt, I would be spewing it all over the news from day one! Especially if I had heard words such as "Ronald will get what's coming to him"
Too, during the 911 call Misty never mentioned Joe. Misty didn't mention Joe during interviews until the focus looked like it had shifted in her direction...
Misty's parents are going to try to protect their daughter however they can, the thing is, they waited a little too late to make it appear that their story of Joe could be true.
I'm not buying it at all. They, including Misty would be in front of the camera's everyday about Joe. Least this is what I would do. Apologies can come after this child is found.

Also, if he has a cell phone, the pings would help to pinpoint his whereabouts. (Don't know if he does)

I wonder if Misty's parents (considering they weren't always there for her in the past; from the way I understand it to be anyway) think/know that she did something or think/know she helped or think/know that she does in fact know what happened to Haleigh...decided to step up now and try being her parents by helping sway any thoughts of what might have happened away from Misty. OR...

Since we have heard that the people in Satsuma and that area are scared of repercussions from talking what they do know that Misty's parents may have been threatened and so then they decided to start talking and this cousin was the route they chose to take since Misty was already making mention of it!!! JMO...

When was the last time Misty was in the media?

ETA: I just re-read this and hope I'm coming across clearly enough in my first paragraph...LOL ;)

I wonder if Misty's parents (considering they weren't always there for her in the past; from the way I understand it to be anyway) think/know that she did something or think/know she helped or think/know that she does in fact know what happened to Haleigh...decided to step up now and try being her parents by helping sway any thoughts of what might have happened away from Misty. OR...

Since we have heard that the people in Satsuma and that area are scared of repercussions from talking what they do know that Misty's parents may have been threatened and so then they decided to start talking and this cousin was the route they chose to take since Misty was already making mention of it!!! JMO...

When was the last time Misty was in the media?

ETA: I just re-read this and hope I'm coming across clearly enough in my first paragraph...LOL ;)

I think both of your ideas are possible.

In support of your first idea:

Even if not directly involved, MC may have abetted whatever happened or has not been honest with LE about what she knows and/or saw. She is the last known person to see Hayleigh. It even looks like she was on the trip to Pinellas Park.

In support of your second idea:

Acquaintances of dangerous people are always fearful of what they might do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth