Misty C. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed NG tonight...the whole wedding while your child is missing gives me the creeps. I'm still holding on to the hope that Haleigh is out there somewhere safe...but it's getting harder to hold onto that hope everyday that passes. moo.

I caught the last 20 min or so and it was during the last 10 min of the show. I too hope Haleigh is out there safe, but I too worry about the time that has passed.

I don't see a NG thread, so I will post there here (mods please move if in the wrong place). Did anyone catch Misty's comment on NG this evening, "Even if Haleigh is not with us, she is still here with us"? Am I misinterpreting that, or does it sound like perhaps Misty knows Haleigh is no longer with us? Why is my gut making me think that was a slip that she and Ron both know, but can't say more than they have and until LE solves the 'puzzle' this is their way of honoring Haleighs wish?

The thought gives me the creeps.

A chill went down my spine when she said that.

I don't see a NG thread, so I will post there here (mods please move if in the wrong place). Did anyone catch Misty's comment on NG this evening, "Even if Haleigh is not with us, she is still here with us"? Am I misinterpreting that, or does it sound like perhaps Misty knows Haleigh is no longer with us? Why is my gut making me think that was a slip that she and Ron both know, but can't say more than they have and until LE solves the 'puzzle' this is their way of honoring Haleighs wish?

The thought gives me the creeps.

You mean in that "Now that the competition is gone for Ron's heart, we can all be united in her memory." way?

What gets me is her talk of Ron Jr. and Haleigh talking ALL THE TIME about how they want their daddy to marry her!! How old is RJ?? 3?? How many 3 yr olds even know what marry means?? Much less to be talking about it ALL THE TIME!!!

You mean in that "Now that the competition is gone for Ron's heart, we can all be united in her memory." way?
Bingo. ;)

What gets me is her talk of Ron Jr. and Haleigh talking ALL THE TIME about how they want their daddy to marry her!! How old is RJ?? 3?? How many 3 yr olds even know what marry means?? Much less to be talking about it ALL THE TIME!!!
Yeah, because we all know how much 3 & 4 year old little boys are into fancy weddings, right? :waitasec:

A chill went down my spine when she said that.

It's worrisome that both Misty and Ron have been making statements like this from the very beginning of this case. Misty often slips and talks about Haleigh in the past tense and in one of Ronald's earliest interviews he said, "I'd give my life for my child's life back."

Here's an interesting comment from Mark McClish ,an expert on statement analysis. (emphasis mine):

"The biggest blunder Peterson makes in this statement is that he speaks about his wife in the past tense. What this tells us is that Peterson knew his wife was dead at the time he gave this interview. He realizes what he has said so he corrects himself by referring to her in the present tense "she is amazing." We often see the same thing when a child disappears. Statistics say a family member is usually involved. Many of these cases are solved because a family member speaks about the missing kid in the past tense.
http://www.statementanalysis.com/speterson/

Nah, it was just something in her voice and in her smile. something that just made me think wow, they know and they have made resolution with themselves. Just one of those weird reactions where that type of thought comes quickly. The thought of having a wedding, even small or a JP while Haleigh is missing, and Ron's moms comments about this is what Haleigh wanted and will give Haleigh something to celebrate when she gets home gave me the creeps to. As a parent I myself couldn't dream of getting married, or even thinking about a wedding while my child was missing. Let alone, I personally could not marry without including my child. I couldn't imagine letting little Haleigh know, hey we did this while you were gone... The whole thing just comes across to me as their moving on with their lives. I hope I am wrong an this is just their weird way of dealing with very trying and difficult emotions at this time.

ETA: rather than post twice, I'll add it is almost as if they learned something from the 'other' case, in that what's happened has happened and we can't change it, so rather than lose more than one person we need to move forward and honor Haleigh....

I still have a "nagging feeling" about Misti's brother/Sister-in-law & children!

My questions are:

1. Why have they dropped off the radar when they were some of the LAST people to have contact with Haleigh in Feb. 9th?
2. Why haven't they been interviewed or discussed by any of the news media outlets?
3. Why hasn't Misti talked about them in any of her media contacts
4. Isn't their house very close to the retention pond and the famous dumpster?

Does anyone have any ideas about this???

I still have a "nagging feeling" about Misti's brother/Sister-in-law & children!

My questions are:

1. Why have they dropped off the radar when they were some of the LAST people to have contact with Haleigh in Feb. 9th?
2. Why haven't they been interviewed or discussed by any of the news media outlets?
3. Why hasn't Misti talked about them in any of her media contacts
4. Isn't their house very close to the retention pond and the famous dumpster?

Does anyone have any ideas about this???

MOO!!!! I feel they don't want in the spotlight! I'm sure LE has talked to them.

Maybe Misty put the kids to bed, packed her blanket in the van and went to Ron's work for dinner and a quickie. She got home around 2:30 and screamed when she realized Haleigh was gone or dead and covered her tracks with the "bricked" door.

Ron can not admit she was at work or he would be fired and social services would take the kids for being abandoned.

What time is dinner break at Ron's work?

we were more mature at 17 back in the day because we had discipline,responsiblities we were punished when needed to be. kids now adays are so much more defiant,disrespectful,no loyalty,no responsiblity. all imo if i am wrong but she is to young to be getting married. just sends another picture to our young children

IMO M doesn't have much going in her life: no education, no job, little to no parenting. What she's found is an older brother/father figure to care for her. Somewhere along the line, most likely mid-twenties, she'll get her life together and tell R good-bye. However, by then she may have a couple of children of her own to support, so her life may be a repeat of all she's known so far, which isn't much. So sad.

This girl-woman should be in school, studying for tests, engaged in school activities, dating - not watching some man's children full-time and about to be married.

Hmm, we kept hearing that Misty was cooperating, she is going in willingly to be re-questioned, going in willingly to get another polygraph...now she is walking out of questioning because the one interrogating her is rude and calling her a liar!!!!

I guess it is easier to be cooperative when everyone just sits around and lets you talk but when they start to really question what you are saying you refuse to cooperate with that person any longer!!!

I'm singing...You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and then you have...THE FACTS OF LIFE!!!!!

JMO

Just had another thought...;)

On the Today show this morning Misty said when she realized that the back door was wide open she ran back to the bedroom to get her phone and call Ron. We have heard nothing of a land line phone...so is this a cell phone...or has someone come across the info that they do indeed have a landline and I just missed it??

Just had another thought...;)

On the Today show this morning Misty said when she realized that the back door was wide open she ran back to the bedroom to get her phone and call Ron. We have heard nothing of a land line phone...so is this a cell phone...or has someone come across the info that they do indeed have a landline and I just missed it??

(bolding mine!)

Also, why would her first reaction to seeing the door open be to call Ron??
She said that she saw the door was open, and then headed straight to the bedroom to get her phone so she could call Ron. THAT is when she noticed Haleigh was missing. That sounds so HINKY (imo)!!

If it were me, I would go to the door, poke my head outside and then close/lock it. My next step would be to check on the kids. When I noticed a child was missing I would go look for them...I would get the other baby and get out of the house!! I would go to a neighbors house for safety and call 911.
I would NOT see an open door and immediately call my spouse. That just doesn't make sense!! Why would you call your boyfriend at work to tell him the back door is open?? Especially before checking to see if anything is missing or if there is an intruder or closing and locking the door???

BAD on you Misty:mad:

IMOO of course. I actually have a LOT of compassion for Misty.

(bolding mine!)

Also, why would her first reaction to seeing the door open be to call Ron??
She said that she saw the door was open, and then headed straight to the bedroom to get her phone so she could call Ron. THAT is when she noticed Haleigh was missing. That sounds so HINKY (imo)!!

If it were me, I would go to the door, poke my head outside and then close/lock it. My next step would be to check on the kids. When I noticed a child was missing I would go look for them...I would get the other baby and get out of the house!! I would go to a neighbors house for safety and call 911.
I would NOT see an open door and immediately call my spouse. That just doesn't make sense!! Why would you call your boyfriend at work to tell him the back door is open?? Especially before checking to see if anything is missing or if there is an intruder or closing and locking the door???

BAD on you Misty:mad:

IMOO of course. I actually have a LOT of compassion for Misty.

So, she went to call Ron, but he was already in the driveway and he instructed her to call 911 right away. Exactly when was it that she saw the cinder block propping the screen door open?:confused:

I think Misty knows that LE is suspicious of her and her ever changing stories! Just as Ron has to know this...I mean, come on (a lil Casey A moment), how many times has she been questioned, polygraphed...

I'm honestly surprised they are not lawyered up yet...wonder if that will be the next breaking news in this case?

If Misty is so grown up, grown up enough to play "mommy" 24/7, shack up with an older man, and get married, shouldn't she be grown up enough to sit through further questioning without walking out?

If a child I knew was missing and they were questioning me, I don't care if they were yelling, screaming, and being "rude" to me..... I'd do anything in my power to help out. Especially if I was "innocent" and "passed the lie detector test".

We've got some on here who say "well, she's just a child....", and others who say "she's old enough to handle kids, I was married and had 2 kids by the time I was 17....."

Which is it?

You know, I'm thinking that I/we should apply the KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) method here...not sure why but I think that the answer to this is something very small...simple...that everyone...including LE is overlooking!!! JMO

We've got some on here who say "well, she's just a child....", and others who say "she's old enough to handle kids, I was married and had 2 kids by the time I was 17....."

Which is it?

Yup. Which is it???????????? It can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth