Misty C. #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO.. Ron C's parents failed Ron C also... Seems he was dumped on Teresa's brother and her mother for them to raise him...Where was TN and Ron' C's father . Why didn't they raise him? To my knowledge he dropped out of school too and doesn't even have a GED...Just my opinion on the subject..
As I understand it dysfunctionalism breeds nothing but dysfunctionalism...JMO..

I'd like to see a link that states that Ron was "dumped on Teresa's brother and her mother". Since you state it as fact, I assume you can back it up with a link.

I'd really like to see that link disproving that TN, did in fact raise Ronald.

So far we know she lived with Tommy in Daytona for at least 3 months prior to living with Ronald. I don't know if we have determined where she was living before then or when she moved in with Tommy.

Crystal did give her DNA the very day the dumpster search was going on so it would be at least two weeks into the search, IIRC. I recall she was so angry about the rumors of people not being able to find her instead of being upset about the possibility of finding her daughter in the dumpster. She never mentioned the search in the interview which I thought was so cold, imo. I hope they took note that Marie or Crystal stated she was never in Ronald's "new" mh if they matched her DNA to a sample from there.

LE states they took some DNA from people who they interviewed in the case. There is no way to even guess who was asked or if anyone refused.

Sleuthed is a word. Sleuthers is not. ;) Yes, it is interesting when you go back to the beginning and read up on the case.

Wasn't it discussed here that her parents sent her to Michigan and that didn't work out and she came back to FL and lived with Tommy. She since was a minor would they have to go to court so Tommy could have like a POA to take care of whatever needs would arise with Misty. I wonder if Tommy was married back then or single?

Crystal was informed of the search right before that interview. She'd not been told it was taking place or that it was even scheduled to take place. A REPORTER informed her, not LE, not Ronald.

How would she know that when the dogs had just hit on the dumpster not long before they searched? Do you have a link to that because I don't remember seeing that? I remember she was miffed when talking to a reporter because people were saying she was missing when LE was trying to find her to get her DNA?

I'd like to see a link that states that Ron was "dumped on Teresa's brother and her mother". Since you state it as fact, I assume you can back it up with a link.

No link, you would have to search it out in the rumor thread. ;)

No link, you would have to search it out in the rumor thread. ;)

That's ok, I didn't expect it to be easy to confirm something that simply isn't true lol :)

I venture down occasionally, but it's mostly a place to hate without having to back anything up, and breeds way too much of the inaccuracies that make their way up here, IMO, so it's just too much for me to tolerate most of the time. It's rough enough up here :crazy:

There actually is a link to this that has been posted numerous times. It is the obituary for GGMS husband which lists both Ron and his sister Crystal as the SON and DAUGHTER of this man, along with TN who is also listed as a daughter.

There actually is a link to this that has been posted numerous times. It is the obituary for GGMS husband which lists both Ron and his sister Crystal as the SON and DAUGHTER of this man, along with TN who is also listed as a daughter.

That's not what she said she said they were dumped on Teresa's brother. Mrs. Sykes husband would be their step grandpa and newspapers gets obits wrong all the time, they did my daddy's.

Ok, but you tell me what does AS's deceased husband's obituary have to do with RC being dumped with TN's brother? :confused:
Sorry, I'm not getting the connection, and further I don't see how that confirms that TN did not raise Ronald...
The only way to come to that conclusion is to fill in the blanks with details pulled out of thin air. Hmm, it's sounding more and more like a rumor thread item :bang:

Let me explain the DNA found. What LE is saying in other words is this: The
DNA they have belongs to people who would have frequented the mh. My money is on Tommy(sicko):behindbar

I'll see if I can find the link about Ron in the above mentioned post, I have read it as well and it was not in the RT.

Actually I will need to post in the Ron thread just realized we are in Misty's thread....lol

I completely agree with this SS!! I really think the attraction to Ronald from Misty stems from her longing for a family, security, a sense a belonging and love.
That could work both ways, maybe the attraction for Ronald stemmed from her strong desire to have a place within his family, with his children.

I understand that there are many people who come from such rough homestyles who go on to repeat the cycle. But there is also the chance that she wanted to give to a family what she had never received herself, and have the family she has always longed for. I hope, for the children's sake, that she falls into the 2nd category..

Shelby, she couldn't give what she never had. She may have yearned for a real home and love but to put her in charge of two minor children with her background and the disabilities of one of the children was abuse. I had great parents, and then I had children with disabilities, and it puts extreme pressure on a family, even with older parents and education.

As for a link about TN, I don't have one, but since this case began I have read where GrandmaS. did assume responsibility for Ron and thats why she still has so much impact in his life. And I don't know for a fact it is not rumor, but I do know that in families such as we are seeing that is a common situation where grandparents raise grandchildren. These are my opinions

Let me explain the DNA found. What LE is saying in other words is this: The
DNA they have belongs to people who would have frequented the mh. My money is on Tommy(sicko):behindbar

On the contrary, when they find DNA from someone who lives there or visits there often, they regard it as useless, because it is not out of place. If they found DNA that did not belong to someone who had been in the MH recently, then they have to try to figure out where it came from, and what, if any, significance it might have. If Tommy and his children were there visiting that night, then whatever they left behind is not going to help LE.

How difficult would it be for a person to slip inside, grab up a sleeping child and exit through the back door without leaving much DNA behind? What if they wore long sleeves, gloves, a ski mask or something that covered their hair, and they were in and out within five minutes? They wouldn't leave much DNA behind that way. But what if it was a visitor who sat on the sofa, drank from a glass or a cup, maybe kicked off their shoes, smoked a joint, maybe bounced the couch awhile... that would yield a lot of DNA that was useful, wouldn't it.
Just food for thought.

Shelby, she couldn't give what she never had. She may have yearned for a real home and love but to put her in charge of two minor children with her background and the disabilities of one of the children was abuse. I had great parents, and then I had children with disabilities, and it puts extreme pressure on a family, even with older parents and education.

As for a link about TN, I don't have one, but since this case began I have read where GrandmaS. did assume responsibility for Ron and thats why she still has so much impact in his life. And I don't know for a fact it is not rumor, but I do know that in families such as we are seeing that is a common situation where grandparents raise grandchildren. These are my opinions

BBM
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. I believe there are many people, several of them posters on here I am sure, who had the unfortunate experience of growing up in an abusive and/or neglectful home. They then went on to rise above their beginnings, broke the cycle, and provided everything they never had for their own children.
That's like saying there's no hope for these children who come from broken families :(
This world would be a much sadder place if that was not possible, IMO.

I understand that that the rumor has gone around about RC's childhood, but that is all it is, a rumor. I knew when I requested it, that it could not be backed up with a link. It's very hard to prove a mistruth, it's that simple. Just because posters have been posting it for months, and others reading it, does not make it true, IMO. Those items are better left for the rumor thread..

BBM
I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. I believe there are many people, several of them posters on here I am sure, who had the unfortunate experience of growing up in an abusive and/or neglectful home. They then went on to rise above their beginnings, broke the cycle, and provided everything they never had for their own children.
That's like saying there's no hope for these children who come from broken families :(

I understand that that the rumor has gone around about RC's childhood, but that is all it is, a rumor. I knew when I requested it, that it could not be backed up with a link. It's very hard to prove a mistruth, it's that simple. Just because posters have been posting it for months, and others reading it, does not make it true, IMO. Those items are better left for the rumor thread..

Shelby, I didn't put that right....what I was trying to say was that She couldn't raise those two children because 1. Her home experiences were that of neglect 2. She had no understanding of the disability she was dealing with. (before you say I don't know, remember she had poor comprehension skills and probably poor reading skills that equals no critical thinking skills) 3. she had no knowledge of any approach to raising two young children , meaning how to discipline or teach even basic things.4. She demonstrated being more concerned with herself than the children. Those are just my opinions and I hope I have explained it better, but maybe not. :)

Shelby, I didn't put that right....what I was trying to say was that She couldn't raise those two children because 1. Her home experiences were that of neglect 2. She had no understanding of the disability she was dealing with. (before you say I don't know, remember she had poor comprehension skills and probably poor reading skills that equals no critical thinking skills) 3. she had no knowledge of any approach to raising two young children , meaning how to discipline or teach even basic things.4. She demonstrated being more concerned with herself than the children. Those are just my opinions and I hope I have explained it better, but maybe not. :)[/QUOTE

5. Misty was sexually assaulted when she was 14. She is a victim of violence and that is the real kicker here.

Since we don't have access to the case and the boy was her boyfriend, it would be interesting to read it. He was 16 and she was 14.

Since we don't have access to the case and the boy was her boyfriend, it would be interesting to read it. He was 16 and she was 14.

I am not sure where you got those facts BUT Misty was 13 at the time. Not to mention there is no indication in any available documents stating that the perpetrator of that crime was Misty's boyfriend.

If you go to the DOC inmate site and read the perps docs you will see that the CRIME was committed on 3/2005. Misty DOB is 12/1991, that would make Misty just over 13 at the time of the assault.

BBM

BBM

AS are all the rumors about what Misty's childhood and adolescence was like, nearly all of that information came from posters who posted based on either a "local knowledge" basis or it was just posted by someone with NOT A SINGLE SOURCE, who said that it was true because "they had found the information". If there is a link from a verified source that gives the precise history of when Misty lived with who, why she lived there and how long---I am sure many here would like to actually see it for themselves. No LE source or counseling service would EVER release that information on a minor, and if it is coming from something that MC said herself----well, we all know that it is either unreliable and likely to change 6 or 7 times, or just as likely completely false as it is to be even partially true! IMOO

BBM

I've seen hundreds of beautiful pictures but that doesn't mean I can paint a one of em!
I am one here who came from an extremely abusive home and came to break the cycle of abuse within my own family, with my children - with that said "rising above" experiences of past abuse does not simply miraculously happen. As many will tell you here who have genuinely come from abusive backgrounds, willing it to be so alone does not make it so. It takes a tremendous amount of personal work, including one on one counseling, sometimes support groups and in most cases a disconnect from the family in which the abuse originally occurred. You can not be genuinely well or recovered and protect your own children by exposing them to the same ole' same ole' - IMO whatever abandonment and abuse issues occurred in RC's & MC's life's while growing up have not been "risen above" and that is obvious to me by the lifestyle they were leading when HaLeigh disappearred and by existing/ongoing relationshiips with family/friends who have long & sorted drug & criminal histories themselves. IMO this isn't like any picture of authentice recovery or "rising above" that I've ever seen. Mouth service = "I'm over it", "I don't want to be anything like my mother (or father) . . ." DOES NOT make it so. Getting help and doing the hard work is what brings true recovery and the breaking of cycles - I've done it as have many others here. To insinuate that recovery & breaking cycles is only for the wanting, IMO, deminishes the seriousness of the abuse that I endured over the course of my life and it deminishes the work that I was willing to do to heal myself and change the future for my children - RC & MC don't "get it just because they want it" - they have to work for it and I don't see the results of that by their lifestyles . . . IMO

>Respecfully Snipped by NMS<

Originally Posted by PorcineGranny
Shelby, she couldn't give what she never had.

I agree PorcineGranny UNLESS of course she had sought therapy, worked through past issues and learned new skills . . .like I said,
I've seen hundreds of beautiful pictures but that doesn't mean I can paint a one of em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679