Misty C #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Has there been a doc drop in this case? I was not aware that LE had released their case notes, theories and interviews to the public as of yet.

AH could have been right, Crystal may have stated she waas going to fight for custody. There may be a reason she has not yet done so. We are not privy to her statements, and or thought process regarding her statements.

I think you know very well that there has been no doc dump in this case. :waitasec:

If you want to know where I get the information that I post, much of it can be found here at WS or here..http://www.pcso.us/news

Perhaps you missed my earlier link to this statement by Sheriff Hardy.

snip~Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided. Every lead that is provided is acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy cautions that because there are many who claim to be valid media outlets, that citizens should be careful not to fall into the trap of believing, or by accident spreading, the untrue and unreliable claims and assumptions of many bloggers who claim to be knowledgeable in the case. He also urges anyone that is assisting, or who wants to assist, to be cautious to stay within the bounds of their authority as they pursue their activities...~end snip

I understand that when you read information that supports your personal theory you might consider it to be the absolute truth. None of us will know what the truth is until Haleigh is brought home.

I think you know very well that there has been no doc dump in this case. :waitasec:

If you want to know where I get the information that I post, much of it can be found here at WS or here..http://www.pcso.us/news

snip~Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided. Every lead that is provided is acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy cautions that because there are many who claim to be valid media outlets, that citizens should be careful not to fall into the trap of believing, or by accident spreading, the untrue and unreliable claims and assumptions of many bloggers who claim to be knowledgeable in the case. He also urges anyone that is assisting, or who wants to assist, to be cautious to stay within the bounds of their authority as they pursue their activities...~end snip

I understand that when you read information that supports your personal theory you might consider it to be the absolute truth. None of us will know what the truth is until Haleigh is brought home.

However, I assume that Sheriff Hardy isn't saying that absolutely everything posted on any blogger's site must be untrue without exception.

I don't recall the PCSO site saying anything about the credibility of the parents on the bus stop or the importance of their statements one way or another.

They did say that they have evidence that points to Misty's story being BS and since her story included not being at the bus stop we might consider the option that witness accounts placing her there might be part of that evidence. Then again, it might not, but as you said, we don't know all that LE knows yet.

I think it's the other way around and Art was a journalist before he became a blogger.

So you wouldn't talk to any media outlets that published Misty's interviews then, given that she's been spreading untruths?

It's a bit harsh, IMO. Journalists and bloggers can only report what they're being told (unless it's an opinion piece they're writing). If they make things up out of the blue it is very bad but if they report what other people tell them they can't help publishing untruths occasionally because people are not always truthful. Journalists are not mind readers and lie detectors and there are things you can't confirm.

I have been a foster/adoptive parent for many years.We took ,mainly,medically fragile infants. Many,many times I have been interviewed,both for tv and newspaper as a favor to DSS and the Children's Hospital.They have never,never gotten it right.They mix up facts,put sentences in quotes,as though I said it and just plain tell it wrong.And these were simple little pieces .Journalists take shorthand notes,then go back and use what they want,how they want.I take it all with a grain of salt now.
I'm not a regular on the Haleigh forum and I'm not sure at all what I think [except I think Ron knows something,not involved,but knows],so I'm just passing along my experience and what I think of the press.

I have been a foster/adoptive parent for many years.We took ,mainly,medically fragile infants. Many,many times I have been interviewed,both for tv and newspaper as a favor to DSS and the Children's Hospital.They have never,never gotten it right.They mix up facts,put sentences in quotes,as though I said it and just plain tell it wrong.And these were simple little pieces .Journalists take shorthand notes,then go back and use what they want,how they want.I take it all with a grain of salt now.
I'm not a regular on the Haleigh forum and I'm not sure at all what I think [except I think Ron knows something,not involved,but knows],so I'm just passing along my experience and what I think of the press.

I have been misquoted in the press too and I know how easily it can happen, but a video is someone's direct words and different from a paraphrase.

I am sorry if you are offended OLG. I was responding to posts that I disagreed with. I am not the only one that just won't stop if you are being honest. I respond to people who quote my posts because I feel it would be rude not to. In the future I will think about your advice to push alert when I am offended. Thanks..

Your quote does not say what you indicate it says....reaching and putting a specific media outlet there...when he does not in fact say that. I realize that one's perception of what is said may be influenced by one's beliefs.

I am aware that we will not know the full truth until they find HaLeigh...I would just appreciate it if Misty and the Cummings family would stop obstructing that...JMO.

I have been misquoted in the press too and I know how easily it can happen, but a video is someone's direct words and different from a paraphrase.

If they play the entire interview,yes,but they edit.How often have you noticed them stop the video in the middle of a sentence? I'm not arguing about this woman's interview,just putting out food for thought.

Do I know something that you don't? No, of course not. I just think that if this woman's recollection of what she saw at the bus stop was important and related to the investigation Law Enforcement would have listed it among the facts that they have discovered.

Art Harris has flip flopped in his reporting of Haleigh's case and quite frankly I do not find his coverage unbiased. In March he reported that Crystal Sheffield was prepared to fight for custody of Haleigh and RJ and I am still waiting to see evidence to support that claim.

What list of facts has LE shared so far? Very little, AFAIK. There is no list of witnesses or persons of interest, even. You're free to have your own opinion, of course, but IMO, it's not up to us to determine what is important and what is not. It's usually LE's policy to gather every bit of information they can during in an investigation, whether they think it has any significance or not. There is always that chance that one little bit of information could lead to a clue that cracks the case.

If they play the entire interview,yes,but they edit.How often have you noticed them stop the video in the middle of a sentence? I'm not arguing about this woman's interview,just putting out food for thought.
I just watched this video. I had heard about it, but hadn't seen it. Personally, I don't put too much creedence in it. It was clearly staged. I'm sure Art listened to what this lady said and then they discussed how she would talk about it when it was recorded. At one point, she must have forgotten to make a point, so Art said a leading question to prompt her. It's clear that he was interested in getting a good story. That's his job. When this person was interviewed by LE, I'm sure she gave more succinct statements, without embelishment.

:hug: I don't think you'll get a TO or ban, OLG. :)

C'mere 'n sit by me, have a Hot Toddy, and we can toast to faith in people's abilities to see and understand the truth. :toast:

always. SS~

Send a message via Yahoo to SeriouslySearching
Either he is a great actor or he is very sincere. (This is how I would expect a parent and grandparent to react.) One thing I find odd is not seeing his gf in the clip pleading for the return. This bothers me.

I don't understand about the brick which is mentioned in the 911 call. It sounds as if a brick was found inside the house by the door. Where did it come from? What was the purpose if there was no forced entry into the home? Even if there was forced entry, a brick makes no sense without a window being broken unless it was used to prop open the door for some reason.

Oh, I just read about the sheet and blanket. I thought the other child was in bed with them, too? I don't see any way possible one of them didn't wake up when someone rips a child out of the bed along with your sheet and blanket! So GF didn't notice the child, the sheet, the blanket, a brick, and the backdoor being open when she got up to go to the bathroom? Only upon her return did she notice? It isn't likely someone timed it just right to sneak in while she was in the bathroom. Why would they wait until someone was obviously awake to take her?

Yes, sounds like it was staged. Too many things are not making any sense.

I really agree with SS's post in the past.....too much not making sense...that pings my hink meter and says staged...meaning Misty and others (she needed help..the girl could not have done it all herself, IMO) know exactly what happened to HaLeigh. Judging by all the misdirection going on Tn and GGm know...as does RC.

I respectfully disagree with this entire statement. In addition to that I find it offensive to so widely generalize about what "level" people are on due to the language they use.

well.. I gotta say, I'm with ya! But I'm going to hell so .. ;)

What list of facts has LE shared so far? Very little, AFAIK. There is no list of witnesses or persons of interest, even. You're free to have your own opinion, of course, but IMO, it's not up to us to determine what is important and what is not. It's usually LE's policy to gather every bit of information they can during in an investigation, whether they think it has any significance or not. There is always that chance that one little bit of information could lead to a clue that cracks the case.

Exactly. LE has yet to furnish any of us w a list of all their evidence and facts or "discoveries." about which they have remained so tightlipped over the past eight months.

I did not detect the least prompting or slightest "staging" on this audio AH could hardly get this parent to pause for a breath lol. And I'm not exactly sure how one would go about achieving this lol, presumably all those "other" benevolent, flattering observations this same parent presumably then also made--interspersed between characterizing Misty's shocking demeanor, descriptions of slapping and cursing and other awful impressions--had to be "edited" out. :confused:

This isn't "coverage" we are "reading," or a "blogger's writing" we need "confirm" but the words and impressions of a witness to Misty, to which we can all listen. I wouldn't care if it was on a Barbie Sing W Me or a voice recorder keychain lol this lady has no ratings or website hits to count and no motive to lie.

Btw not sure why I'm being called out or made a target since the only posts I've quoted are those I chose to support (please by all means feel free not to respond I'll happily spare anyone here the "kindness," courtesy or consideration.)

It seems we're "shooting the messenger," AH just gave the parent a mic, and I just posted a link to the audio. Take what you can use, and leave the rest--and allow everyone else the respect of doing the same. Something tells me had mods any objection to posting audio content they would not have hesitated to inform me. That is, afterall, their job. JMO

:parrot:

I don't think it's harsh but you are certainly entitled to think so. Are you disputing my post? Would you go to a blogger and tell your story about information that you witnessed that you thought might be considered important to a missing child investigation before you went to Law Enforcement?

I cut your post to answer the one question. Citing my own past experience as a newspaper reporter, I can honestly report that yes, there are many people who will not go directly to LE, and instead opt to speak to someone else, journalists or not.
Many people in my past have shied away from the cops for a number of reasons; lack of trust, fear, not being comfortable with LE because of past experiences and would you believe because they were afraid the cops would not believe them or they would become part of an investigation.
It happens and I've been there to witness this. Often, when asked why they won't speak to the police, they reason that speaking to the press was a safe way it get what they know indirectly to LE.
Like I said, I can only speak of this from my experience but it does happen and yes, I often found the hesitation a bit puzzling myself.

Exactly. LE has yet to furnish any of us w a list of all their evidence and facts or "discoveries." about which they have remained so tightlipped over the past eight months.

I did not detect the least prompting or slightest "staging" on this audio AH could hardly get this parent to pause for a breath lol. And I'm not exactly sure how one would go about achieving this lol, presumably all those "other" flattering, benevolent observations this same parent also undoubtedly made--interspersed between characterizing Misty's shocking demeanor and descriptions of slapping and cursing and other awful impressions--had to be "edited" out. :confused:

This isn't "coverage" we are "reading," or a "blogger's words" we need "confirm" but the words and impressions of a witness to Misty to which we can all listen. I wouldn't care if it was on an Barbie Sing W Me or a voice recorder keychain lol this lady has no ratings or website hits to count and no motive to lie.

Btw not sure why I'm being called out or made a target since the only posts I've quoted are those I chose to support (please by all means feel free not to respond I'll happily spare anyone here the "kindness," courtesy or consideration.)

It seems we're "shooting the messenger," AH just gave the parent a mic, and I just posted a link to the audio. Take what you can use, and leave the rest--and allow everyone else the respect of doing the same. Something tells me had mods any objection to posting audio content they would not have hesitated to inform me. That is, afterall, their job. JMO

With all due respect kiki, I believe the only way "discovery" can be divulged is if there has been an arrest of a person directly tied to the disappearance of Haleigh after they have begun to build a case for the prosecution of such. Not an investigation with no arrest.

With all due respect kiki, I believe the only way "discovery" can be divulged is if there has been an arrest of a person directly tied to the disappearance of Haleigh after they have begun to build a case for the prosecution of such. Not an investigation with no arrest.

It wasn't my own choice of words baznme but someone's else's from a previous post. Since it was the plural form ("discoveries" vs singular "discovery"), presumably it was not intended in any official or legal capacity but was loosely referring to w/e "facts and evidence" LE has uncovered... but thanks :)

I cut your post to answer the one question. Citing my own past experience as a newspaper reporter, I can honestly report that yes, there are many people who will not go directly to LE, and instead opt to speak to someone else, journalists or not.
Many people in my past have shied away from the cops for a number of reasons; lack of trust, fear, not being comfortable with LE because of past experiences and would you believe because they were afraid the cops would not believe them or they would become part of an investigation.
It happens and I've been there to witness this. Often, when asked why they won't speak to the police, they reason that speaking to the press was a safe way it get what they know indirectly to LE.
Like I said, I can only speak of this from my experience but it does happen and yes, I often found the hesitation a bit puzzling myself.

You are so right. Many people will talk to a reporter or member of the media, before they will LE. When the scrubs lady dropped off that letter to the newspaper office, many were questioning why she didn't take it straight to PCSO... one talking head on JVM said it was because she knew it would get their attention, whereas if she took it to the SO it would likely be ignored or not followed up on.

You are so right. Many people will talk to a reporter or member of the media, before they will LE. When the scrubs lady dropped off that letter to the newspaper office, many were questioning why she didn't take it straight to PCSO... one talking head on JVM said it was because she knew it would get their attention, whereas if she took it to the SO it would likely be ignored or not followed up on.

While what you say might be true, we have no way of knowing if the interview posted on the Art website of the woman at the bus stop is accurate information. If this woman felt that she had information that would be beneficial to the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance, my personal opinion is that she should have reported to Law Enforcement rather than AH.

While what you say might be true, we have no way of knowing if the interview posted on the Art website of the woman at the bus stop is accurate information. If this woman felt that she had information that would be beneficial to the investigation into Haleigh's disappearance, my personal opinion is that she should have reported to Law Enforcement rather than AH.

The point is, dear Elle1919, you do not know whether she in fact DID report to LE the same thing she is saying to AH.

It makes you wonder now what has been given just to media to report and not shared with LE. I have to also wonder about those 4,000 leads that have lead No Where. Why? WHY? WHY? WHY? It is almost to obvious that there are many who do not want this child found!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member