Misty C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another consideration. When there is a 15% change in a parent's income level, the courts will consider changing the amount of child support. Spousal income isn't usually included unless both parties agree to it.

If Crystal was unemployed, there's a good chance that the courts would lower her support payment until she could find a job. The $4,000.00 in back support that she owes is non-negotiable no matter what happens.

Where is haleigh gonna say she has been? She can talk. She's a kindergardener. I think my brain is on overdrive tonight, anything is possible with the information I have recieved on both families, I dont know what to think anymore, so many false alarms, and still a little girl is out there somewhere waitimg to be found. Her and thousands like her. I dont get how they just disappear.

I know it. It's hard to understand how anyone could hurt a child in any way. Some people must be very naive as to what they have to commit to when they have children. Maybe a parenting class should be a requirement to graduate from HS!
If Haleigh is with someone she doesn't know and doesn't know where she is, then if she's released, she may not be able to tell anyone much. I keep clinging to the hope that this is what happened and they're just afraid to release her because the publicity is so much more than they expected...but eventually do so anyway. I hope very soon.

You can't tell children of 3 and 5 years old how to "love". Misty is a mother figure to them. She is a constant in their lives 24/7 other than the minimal amount of time they spent every other weekend with Crystal. This is unlike a babysitter/caregiver situation. The kids would have developed a definite bond with her. It has nothing to do with Crystal or how they felt about her. It is NOT disrespectful to anyone for the children to feel such a bond or for TN to comment on it, imo.

As guilty as I think she is, I must agree with you here.
I don't know how anyone could live with these precious kids for 5 months and not have a bond with them. It goes both ways..I have been there. Just because they are not hers biologically, when you take care of children day in and day out, a bond does form...

I hope that happens. I dont think it will, but I hope you're right. I just dont see someone being complicit in this convoluted theory of a kidnapping by bio mom. If she cant afford her support payments, what possible incentive would anyone have for helping CS out in this major extreme way? They are facing life in prison. My family loves me, but none of them would do it for me, much less a distant relative that can fly under the radar from LE..I'll shut up now.

bolded by me...

but kell... btw my name is kelly too :) ... anywho...butttt difference between ur family and her family... i dont think there is any comparison...right? lol

neva know!! I agree. 100%. I hope we will know something soon CajunGirl

bolded by me...

but kell... btw my name is kelly too :) ... anywho...butttt difference between ur family and her family... i dont think there is any comparison...right? lol
right Kell...Mine are worse
J-O-K-E

neva know!! I agree. 100%. I hope we will know something soon CajunGirl

me too! i don't have any children & i probably never will BUT i get so attached to these kids and their situations that it hurts me to no end :( i just want her to be safe and i truthfully think she will be... something just tells me that she will. How come I couldn't be blessed with child but so many sickos out there have oodles that they just don't want... :(

me too! i don't have any children & i probably never will BUT i get so attached to these kids and their situations that it hurts me to no end :( i just want her to be safe and i truthfully think she will be... something just tells me that she will. How come I couldn't be blessed with child but so many sickos out there have oodles that they just don't want... :(

Bless you CajunGirl! :blowkiss: It is people who can't have children that brings me to wanna fight for their protection so much.

I dont know, babe, I dont know. Maybe so that you could be a friend to many children and not only your own. Maybe you are meant for a bigger purpose. Maybe there are many babies that could use someone like you, in a hospital, foster home, hell even a daycare, or as a teacher. You might be needed elsewhere for bigger things. You just have to find it. Maybe you have, maybe you soon will. I hope so.

I thought the comment about loving her like a mother was very disrespectful to Crystal as well.

I thought so too, witnessing someone giving that much credibility to a 17 year old youve had known for less than a year...:eek:, shows bad boundaries on their part. My nieces and nephews LOVED me too when I was a teenager, I was in their home babysitting every summer, every break...I cooked, I cleaned, I bathed them, I washed their laundry, and did things with them since they were newborns. I was a mothering figure in the spirit of being very responsible and caring for them, but not their mother. I wont deny Misty loved the kids, but she's not the mamma!

I wonder what is underneath all this rebutting here, everytime anyone defends the mother, someone gets flamed for it.

I hope that happens. I dont think it will, but I hope you're right. I just dont see someone being complicit in this convoluted theory of a kidnapping by bio mom. If she cant afford her support payments, what possible incentive would anyone have for helping CS out in this major extreme way? They are facing life in prison. My family loves me, but none of them would do it for me, much less a distant relative that can fly under the radar from LE..I'll shut up now.
Yes, it does seem very convoluted. But something really struck me upon reading the custody document. At the end was a letter from the father of CS who gave a whole list of reasons why CS should have gotten custody. RC did this, and RC did that, etc. Put this together with the GR sideshow and continuing mudslinging from the bio-mom's family and a picture emerges that the Griffis family feels they have been done terribly wrong. This bitterness could be more of a motive than the money. They wanted to "win".

:truce:
O.K. at this hour, anything possible. My brain is short circuiting. However, I will be back tomorrow, all jacked up on caffiene and hopefully, we will hear some good news. This baby needs to be found.

I believe misty left the door propped open while she went somewhere else in the t.p. to hang like she probably did on many occasions while ron was working.Something else that has crossed my mind is that maybe the door was opened because misty had someone in the house like a boyfriend that could slip out if someone pulled up unexcpected.haleigh could have woke up and seen this person and who knows what could have happened from there.basically im in agreement w/everyone else she prolly did not hurt her but is not telling all.

There is no way in my mind that Misty or Ron had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. Just my opinion...

There has to be a need there....and I see the need to get Haleigh out of that home (for money purposes-keeping from paying child support) on the biological mother's side. Crystal's boyfriend Chad already pays child support and since Crystal doesn't work, he would have to pay up that back support...which I think they didn't like too much)

Again, just my opinion....but time will tell.

I agree with your theory/opinion, I thought the same thing the minute I heard the bio-mom received court papers regarding contempt and past due child support. On her myspace she clearly refers to her new baby and boyfriend by first name, but refers to her other children as "brats". I definitely think the bf and bio mom could have had something to do with this. She didn't want to go to jail for contempt and leave her new family, or pay those past due child support fees.

I agree with your theory/opinion, I thought the same thing the minute I heard the bio-mom received court papers regarding contempt and past due child support. On her myspace she clearly refers to her new baby and boyfriend by first name, but refers to her other children as "brats". I definitely think the bf and bio mom could have had something to do with this. She didn't want to go to jail for contempt and leave her new family, or pay those past due child support fees.
I agree totally with you. Also, in Baker County Florida records she has been arrested for lying to law enforcement before. I guess she has no problem with lying.

In Florida it's a second degree felony for a person 24 or older to have a relationship with someone who is 17 or 18 years old. So yes, there is an issue.

I've been critical of Ron due to the abusive tendencies I see in him and the evidence of having been abused that I see in Crystal. Although he is not somebody that I would choose to be friends with in my life, and although I have little respect for him because of my observations, I really don't think he had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance- and I never did.

Like most of the posters here, I do think Misty holds the missing link. There has been too much noise about her propensity to party- the story about her three day binge, the stories of her partying when Haleigh disappeared.

I hope LE really steps it up and scares the bejesus out of her today.

Excellent comments. I agree about Ron. Still on the fence about MC though. I tend to believe she had nothing to do with the child's disappearance except for the fact that she was in the home at the time and obviously wasn't keeping a close enough eye on the kids.

What does everyone make of the three hour questioning? She's not been named a suspect or a person of interest.. perhaps police are asking her to retrace every minute that night.

I agree totally with you. Also, in Baker County Florida records she has been arrested for lying to law enforcement before. I guess she has no problem with lying.

She could very well be lying about the "man in black" too. She's too cavalier about this whole thing.

Excellent comments. I agree about Ron. Still on the fence about MC though. I tend to believe she had nothing to do with the child's disappearance except for the fact that she was in the home at the time and obviously wasn't keeping a close enough eye on the kids.

What does everyone make of the three hour questioning? She's not been named a suspect or a person of interest.. perhaps police are asking her to retrace every minute that night.

IIRC, one session lasted 5 hours. LE would not be going back to her so much if they did not suspect something, IMO. I think we are trying to over complicate this case. Misty was the last person to "see" Haleigh. She may or may not have been home all night. Her stories changed. LE keeps going back to question her. She has taken at least two, possibly 3 polygraphs. I mean it's easy to see she is the one that has LE's attention.

IIRC, one session lasted 5 hours. LE would not be going back to her so much if they did not suspect something, IMO. I think we are trying to over complicate this case. Misty was the last person to "see" Haleigh. She may or may not have been home all night. Her stories changed. LE keeps going back to question her. She has taken at least two, possibly 3 polygraphs. I mean it's easy to see she is the one that has LE's attention.

You're right, but wasn't there only one tip out of many that she wasn't home that night? I thought that had been discounted for the most part. It seems to me that if they suspected any foul play or coverup on MC's part, they would be laying it on thick.. naming her a person of interest... trying to scare her to death to get her to talk. Ron doesn't even seem to have a sixth sense about any involvement on MC's part.

My guess at this point is a sex offender got ahold of this little girl. I know LE has touched base with all of them... but it's very possible something has been overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487