Misty C.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its illegal to sell it to minors but I don't think law really can do much to a smoking minor besides take the cigarettes away. Didn't any of you guys smoke in high school???? How many kids were busted? None.

Illegal ?
Illegal over there to actually smoke ? there is a actual law for it ? what do you get charged with a crime for it ?

Here it is illegal to sell to minors. Under 18

http://no-smoking.org/july98/07-20-98-6.html

I know it is illegal here (California) and looking at this article, I think they can take underage smokers to court in florida as well.

If you get caught smoking 3 times, you are denied a driver's license.

Yeppers, this will help find Haleigh. I bet she traded her for smokes. I'm sorry, I don't mean to make fun...but of all the things we need to know....this is not one of em'...jmo

Its illegal to sell it to minors but I don't think law really can do much to a smoking minor besides take the cigarettes away. Didn't any of you guys smoke in high school???? How many kids were busted? None.

At the local high school here lots of kids have been taken in. This is a new thing the cops are doing.

Well, she already has to wait to get her DL until she's 21 because she didn't graduate.
It ALWAYS bugs me to see such a young person smoking. I started when I was 17 and I always say that's the only regret I have in my life.

I smoked underage in front of so many cops and was never hit for it. At this point, they need her cooperation and if they start busting her for little things, they will lose it.
If you look at the way the grandmother and mother seem to have been told to act like they believe Misty and the fact that LE raises no objection to her smoking, I can guarantee that the FBI was called in in the capacity of analyzing the science of Misty's behavior. WHat is going on right now is the result of the advice the Fibbies are giving to the local LE and the family. Misty os prime suspect, just has not been publicly named as such. I know enough about behavioral scientists and what they do to know it when I see it.

Well, she already has to wait to get her DL until she's 21 because she didn't graduate.
It ALWAYS bugs me to see such a young person smoking. I started when I was 17 and I always say that's the only regret I have in my life.

It's a major regret of mine as well, and I've paid in terms of health.

However, some folks (and no, not aimed at anyone in particular) seem to have the attitude that since these people smoke, they must be awful people. I know plenty of good and decent people who still smoke. Smoking cigarettes does not make a person a criminal...an underaged smoker in Florida...maybe...but the act of smoking does not make someone bad or less of a person than the next one.

IMO, Misti smokes like a kid trying to me an adult.
She probably has smoked for years.
Didn't we all? Well Im allot older than most here
it was legal to even buy them for my dad at the corner store.

DO you still smoke ?

I gave it up 2 years ago ! and never have touched it since.

Cold Turkey

ITs become such a *leperish* thing to do these days....

It's a major regret of mine as well, and I've paid in terms of health.

However, some folks (and no, not aimed at anyone in particular) seem to have the attitude that since these people smoke, they must be awful people. I know plenty of good and decent people who still smoke. Smoking cigarettes does not make a person a criminal...an underaged smoker in Florida...maybe...but the act of smoking does not make someone bad or less of a person than the next one.

It just annoys me that they show this on TV. I don't care who smokes and who doesn't .. I just believe in rule of law.

DO you still smoke ?

I gave it up 2 years ago ! and never have touched it since.

Cold Turkey

ITs become such a *leperish* thing to do these days....

Yep, guilty.
I quit both times I was pregnant and nursing, then picked them back up again. *sigh*
It's such a nasty habit...

She is smoking because she smokes (most likely lives with a smoker as well...most likely has parents and significant others who smoke).

I do not see this as an issue other than a crusade to save her lung tissue in another time and place after Haleigh is found.

(aside: nurse has smoked in the past and is not down on smokers. what is important in life IN ALL THINGS is to DO THEM IN MODERATION... although at this time I bet Ron and Misty are like the Attchison~Topeka~and the Santa Fe~ rail line)

I don't understand why this question has a thread? I think we have a place for questions and answers. It doesn't pertain to Haleigh being missing or even to the case in any way.

It just annoys me that they show this on TV. I don't care who smokes and who doesn't .. I just believe in rule of law.
we are dealing with a different part of america here. They are so tired they were milling around doing what they always do. Whether it is right or wrong or anyone else agrees with it in principle...does it really have anything to do with Haleigh being missing? No flames from nurse... just wondering. I just do not see LE busting Misty right now because she is smoking when she is the hinge upon which this case rests. again imhoo and no offense intended to all my ws friends :blowkiss:

I don't understand why this question has a thread? I think we have a place for questions and answers. It doesn't pertain to Haleigh being missing or even to the case in any way.
nurse raises hand (with you on that thought SS!!!):clap:

The only relevance I can see is if she left the house that night to get more cigarettes, or was outside the back door smoking and left the door unlocked. :) MOO

IMO, Misti smokes like a kid trying to me an adult.
She probably has smoked for years.
Didn't we all? Well Im allot older than most here
it was legal to even buy them for my dad at the corner store.

Who cares??!! Where is this child?? Not directed at anyone inparticular (ok, except the thread starter ;) )

OT...born n raised in Philly/NJ..was always 'property' of the Steelers.. ^5 PF!

I didnt bother to read past the first couple threads because I cant believe there was a whole stinkin thread started for it...

I think she's been smoking for a few years but who cares...a child is missing? I'm sure that's the last thing on the cops minds too.

As far as it being illegal here in Florida, I don't think cops go looking for kids that are smoking...they mainly bust the people selling cigs to minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic