Misty Robbed at Apartment Complex

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right and their "friends" tell on them!

My own mother ratted on me to keep from going to jail herself! They will do what they have to do to stay out of trouble.

Have you never heard of drug courts?
Not where I live, no such thing. Most small towns don't have the resources to have "drug court". :rolleyes:

I'm kind of torn on whether I think this drug deal happened or not. Partly because I can't imagine why the friend would've stated this if it weren't true putting herself at risk of being arrested for buying drugs. If they had gone there to see a friend, why on Earth would she say it was to buy drugs? But, the post above is also my reasoning on why this may not be true.

Then again, I do remember a "Stupid Criminals" show where they played a 911 tape of a guy calling in to report someone just stole his weed and he wanted the cops to hurry before they came back for the other drugs :doh:

The amusing thing with this is, those of us who really don't have any contact with the people in this world can't understand why they would outright admit that they told the cops they were there to buy drugs, while those with some regular contact with LE or Emergency Services or in this world don't find this astonishing in the least. Heck it is scary the number of calls LE gets from drug users who just had their stash stolen. They will literally walk up to a cop on the street to get them to investigate their stolen drugs.

Look at Misty's world. Drugs are such an obvious and peeminant component of her life and the lives of those around her, that it is quite likely that she and her "friends" tend to forget just how illegal what they do is.

I would be upset if big black guys accosted me and stole my purse. Just putting their hands on me would have me a nervous wreck. I haven't listened to the 911 call, but I don't know a woman who would take that happening calmly.

I would be interested in hearing what your take is after listening to the 911 call KOOL, it's not very long, a little over 3 minutes I think. The reason I encourage you to listen is because I want to make sure I haven't gone off the deep end because to me, it doesn't even sound like Misty. Then again I might need a hearing aid to go with my glasses.

The amusing thing with this is, those of us who really don't have any contact with the people in this world can't understand why they would outright admit that they told the cops they were there to buy drugs, while those with some regular contact with LE or Emergency Services or in this world don't find this astonishing in the least. Heck it is scary the number of calls LE gets from drug users who just had their stash stolen. They will literally walk up to a cop on the street to get them to investigate their stolen drugs.

Look at Misty's world. Drugs are such an obvious and peeminant component of her life and the lives of those around her, that it is quite likely that she and her "friends" tend to forget just how illegal what they do is.

agree completely

We also have to remember - MC and pal in the car were the ones who called 911. The pal with MC is the one that told LE they went to the apt to visit a friend. THEY aren't the ones who reported the drug buy, it was the pal left at the scene. Seeing how "everything MC owned" was in her purse/pocketbook, she had no choice but to call LE and try to get it back. Soooo they tell them they were visiting a friend and got mugged in hopes LE would track the guys down. Sure, the guys may tell LE the girls were buying drugs, but MC could easily say "They're lying. They're just mad we turned them in"

I don't know, just thinkin out loud . . .

I would be upset if big black guys accosted me and stole my purse. Just putting their hands on me would have me a nervous wreck. I haven't listened to the 911 call, but I don't know a woman who would take that happening calmly.

Do we know how big the guys were? I would be scared if anyone accosted me, I dont think the color of the people really should have anything to do with this-

I just listened. I hope they catch these guys, as I'm sure their not the only ones being physically attacked and robbed. We all know people that perpetrate these types of crimes just continue to get braver and the crimes become more violent, often leading to physical injury and death. Hopefully the purse or purses were returned with their personal information inside.

Misty was hurt and sobbing. She sounded scared. It's obvious why she called 911 as she revealed it on the call. She was saying, "The purse had all of her stuff in it, drivers license, etc..." and she also was reporting that she was injured, that her arm was hurt and she couldn't move it because she was being pulled out of the car while it was moving.

Obviously the 22 year old Stanmyer was inside. So who knows, probably was there to buy drugs, as she stated. So far, no mention of what LE is or did do about the robbery. Guess that's not the newsworthy aspect. Hopefully Misty has learned her lesson to never go back there. The thugs that did this ought to not be lost in this.

Misty is getting more news time, and no mention of the robbers. Guess when they kill someone it will become newsworthy. According to Misty, they had a black gun, so it will only be a matter of time.

I would be upset that any man accosted me physically and robbed me...his ethnic origin is not relevant.

Do we knoertw how big the guys were? I would be scared if anyone accosted me, I dont think the color of the people really should have anything to do with this-

3 guys on one female is darn big.

Hypothetical question:

If you were robbed tonight by 3 men, and LE asked you what they looked like, what skin color, you would reply, "I don't think the color of the people really should have anything to do with this".?

It's very important for identification purposes, prosecution and locating them. It' very pertinent, and I was only stating the facts and using them truthfully in my post. If I would have stated three white guys, I would have been corrected as having posted incorrectly. Don't pull me into any race issues. The three men were black, as reported, and I think it does have something to do with it factually.

I would be upset that any man accosted me physically and robbed me...his ethnic origin is not relevant.

Once again, don't pull me into race issues. I was making a statement using the facts of the circumstances. It wasn't latino, white, asian, indian, european, italian or female robbers. But yes, you are correct, I would also be upset and scared no matter what they looked like.

I have an opinion on this mess, and also a question. When Misty married Ron, she was declared a legal adult, correct? I thought that is how it worked. Now that they are divorced, does she revert back to legal child? Seriously, I keep seeing posts regarding her being a child,( I get it in the sense of her age and mentality,) but when talking about her having to be an adult to rent an apt, etc...if she was declared by marriage to be a legal adult, would that not apply to entering into contract as an adult? Not being a smarty pants, just need clarification.

Technically, Misty could apply for an apartment, but she would need to be able to prove monthly income, provide a credit history, and put down one to two months' rent as a deposit. I know a couple, both over 21, one a college grad and the other weeks from graduation, who have three jobs between them and still couldn't get a lease in an apartment complex suitable for their child. Many young people (under 30) have parents as co-signers for the first few leases just because they don't have sufficient credit HISTORY for many landlords. And then, of course, Misty's alleged partying and drug abuse and notoriety in regard to a missing child case would probably disqualify her on terms of character. Landlords can't discriminate because of race, gender, etc., but they don't have to rent to just anyone who applies.

The best thing that could happen to Misty? Get arrested for buying drugs and have the judge send her to rehab.

You really nailed it. To some people drugs are just an everyday part of life and they see it as normal. There are alot of crimes reported to LE in this area, such as; Prostitute who gets stiffed and calls LE, drug buyers calling LE when someone takes their money and just runs, you read it all the time on the Police Blot in the paper..................nothing new or unusual anymore.

FWIW-

According to James Griffith, assistant chief of the Palatka Police Department, detectives will be hunting for Misty tonight to do more interviews in trying to identify the robbers. A preliminary investigation had to be cut short Monday night, he said, when the officers got another 911 call for an unrelated shooting and had to respond

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/21...all-robbed-when-drug-deal-went-bad/#more-3277

Nancy Grace is going to be talking about this latest incident. Later on her show after another case.

I don't mean to sound cruel, she was more emotional and cried more in this call than she did when she called to report Haleigh missing.

OMG!!!! they need to arrest her butt right now! she is unemotive when little haleigh is missing, yet god forbid you steal her purse an phone an drugs and you get a huge emotional response out of her! very huge difference than the 911 call about haleigh.

OMG!!!! they need to arrest her butt right now! she is unemotive when little haleigh is missing, yet god forbid you steal her purse an phone an drugs and you get a huge emotional response out of her! very huge difference than the 911 call about haleigh.
I just listened to it too. It just further reinforces my opinion that she knows a whole lot more about what happened to Haleigh than she's said, or she completely just didn't care what happened to her. :furious: MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back