Is the defense hoping for an ineffective counsel defense

• Yes

Votes: 59 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 209 56.9%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 99 27.0%

• Total voters
I voted NO, they aren't TRYING but they are succeeding. by leaps and bounds!

I just finished watching the testimony of Bloise...and can't believe that Baez couldn't find the bottle with the brown liquid on his list and was about to accuse Bloise of eliminating it. I honestly felt as if he thought he was about to have an a HA! moment...cut short by Bloise finding the item. I have no idea what the heck that was about. I swear I don't think I can go through another trial and hope and pray that we won't have to.

PS- I hope the media requests more sidebars so we can get a feel for just what Baze has been doing wrong.

I think Beaz will end up just like Marcia Clark did, on TV getting paid to be an expert on sensationalized TV show's on Fox etc...

I think Beaz will end up just like Marcia Clark did, on TV getting paid to be an expert on sensationalized TV show's on Fox etc...
Respectfully I think JB will end up being a has been. No one will pay him, but he will still end up doing interviews.
IMO OPINION JB IS ALREADY A "HAS BENN".
Deservidly.

I don't think they have to try .... it's a gift, it comes naturally.

I have searched my mind trying to find someway to understand Mason being OK with this defense strategy and really don't understand HIM at all. A reputable attorney who just severely tarnished his legacy with this case Can anyone explain what is the reason why he did not stop JB from going this route?

I am beginning to think Mason is not paying attention. He seems to be unaware of how he comes across, which is very abusive. He has cross examined 2 people I think, and it was totally out of left field. As Richard Hornsby said, he was barking at that leasing agent kid who had nothing to do with anything (why get angry/loud with him? Is he important to this case??) and then he starts trying to intimidate the female officer. I mean why those two and does he seriously not understand how awful he looks and what a horrible person he seems to be when he does these things? Unbelievable.

I am beginning to think Mason is not paying attention. He seems to be unaware of how he comes across, which is very abusive.. . SNIPPED. . . . I mean why those two and does he seriously not understand how awful he looks and what a horrible person he seems to be when he does these things? Unbelievable.

Exactly, and it just can not go unnoticed by the jury, how they are treating witnesses, for no apparent reason. These witnesses have no pony in this race, they were simply caught up in the nightmare of what is Casey's excuse for a life, and are just performing their duty as citizens.

This is about the death of an innocent 3 yr old child, their smirks, games and mockery of the court is so appalling under the circumstances.

One thing is for sure: ICA is consistent- she lived in a world of imaginary friends and now she has an imiginary Lawyer!

I'll admit, it's hard to explain some things going on with the DT. However, a mistrial on that basis would be a Pyrrich Victory at best. CM is a highly-respected attorney, and I can't believe he would intentionally do anything like that. Likewise for DCS, who was impressive in her questioning on (Wed?), demonstrating the ability to think quickly and remain unflappable under pressure. As for JB, he's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he also has a terrible set of circumstances with which to deal -- though I am not defending him, and he has certainly made substantial contributions to said terrible set of circumstances. For his part, JB has nothing to gain from that outcome. He has already bristled repeatedly in open court about dispersions cast upon him. I hate to add, but I think it's necessary -- his ego would probably not allow the possibility in any case.

All MOO of course.

I agree. I think he's envisioning a talking head on the Nancy Grace Entertainment Show or the like. LOL He doesn't care about his client, he doesn't care if he wins the case. He wants the post-circus fame.

If any show hires Baez, Mason or Sims or any other defense member to be a talking head, I for one will boycott whatever network they are on.

Forgive me if it has been asked but, is this a tactic used by defense attorneys regularly? I would have thought the bar would frown upon that practice (purposely trying to provide ineffective counsel.)

Forgive me if it has been asked but, is this a tactic used by defense attorneys regularly? I would have thought the bar would frown upon that practice (purposely trying to provide ineffective counsel.)

No it is not. Defense attorneys that are there for a reason, more than a paycheck, that are there to make a difference, are as honorable as the Judge is. They are there to change outdated laws, views, help the truly innocent, or get the truly guilty the best representation they can have.

Granted they can argue at a witness with great disrespect, but usually those are witnesses that are involved, in jail for it, and are lying heavily to get a lighter sentence.

A good defense attorney will not tell lies for their client.

A good defense attorney may deliberate points with experts but will not treat them with obvious disrespect.

I could go on for days.

No, this approach is the bad few, that make a bad name for all.

Maybe CM is planning on retiring after this case so he doesn't care what the case does to his reputation. If he is ever asked about it after KC is convicted, CM will probably lay blame for the circus-style defense on JB; if KC is acquitted or found guilty of a lesser charge, CM will claim some of the fame. JMO, but he strikes me as an opportunist just like JB.

I'm not sure what to think of why the others aren't helping more, other than it's really JB's case and if he chooses to run the show, they can't do much about it. It's not like they can quit the case at this stage. Likely those attorneys who quit the defense team while they still could did so as soon as JB informed them that he would be running things from start to finish, and what tactics he intended to use. But that's just MO.

First timer here. Jose will go home after the trial. Win, lose or draw. Then he will make MILLIONS on the book. He's laughing all the way to the bank. Casey is too blind to see it. She's not stupid, but she sure makes some stupid choices.

I just finished watching the testimony of Bloise...and can't believe that Baez couldn't find the bottle with the brown liquid on his list and was about to accuse Bloise of eliminating it. I honestly felt as if he thought he was about to have an a HA! moment...cut short by Bloise finding the item. I have no idea what the heck that was about. I swear I don't think I can go through another trial and hope and pray that we won't have to.

PS- I hope the media requests more sidebars so we can get a feel for just what Baze has been doing wrong.

We had the same reaction here. Kept waiting for the "Aha!" moment, since that seems to be JB's MO. I just looked over at my wife and shook my head -- we couldn't figure out why he would go to all the trouble of snidely inferring that it wasn't on there -- only for the guy to find it and basically humiliate him. Is he really that unprepared? Looks like it. :banghead:

First timer here. Jose will go home after the trial. Win, lose or draw. Then he will make MILLIONS on the book. He's laughing all the way to the bank. Casey is too blind to see it. She's not stupid, but she sure makes some stupid choices.

:welcome4: Sarah, she's a narcissist. JB supplies her with attention and at least for a while believed what she told him. I believe JB exhibits some pretty narcissistic qualities himself, so I suppose they deserve each other.

How many times now has HHJP reined JB in when he was about to do somenthing really stupid? How many times has HHJP schooled him on the law and why his objection/motion/question is not valid? Does CM have any idea what JB is going to do before he makes a fool of himself and why doesn't he take the reins as the Death qualified attorney? Is CM there just a seat filler? And now JB tries to take over the scientific cross- why is DS there?

I voted maybe cos I can't figure the DT out at all.....they're as confusing as JB's OS......:truce:

I can't see Jose writing a best seller. He may write a book, but make millions off it...

smileyvault-sadno.gif

At what point does or can a judge realize that the defendant has ineffective counsel? And is he obligated to stop the trial, if so?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back