Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The most brilliant teacher I ever knew, when my kids were little, was Ms. Palacio. She strongly believed that the MOST CRUCIAL lesson for young children was learning to be patient about gratification. She would give them little treats and little toys on some mornings, and instruct them to keep them inside their desks, until the end of the day. And if they went ALL DAY, without opening the gift, or tasting the treat, then they had the chance to have another, even better present at the end of class. Early in the year, very few students could wait. But then they would see a few classmates getting a better bigger reward for waiting. By the end of the year ALL OF HER STUDENTS were capable of being handed a candy or a wrapped toy, and setting it on top of their desks, and waiting the entire day to taste it or open it. I consider that one of the greatest gifts that she taught my 2 kids!

I agree Katy.....she was brilliant! Thanks for sharing this great story!

Some info on the Scanner thread from earlier (before she was found) may shed some light on the location.

You can't see his friends list on Facebook. But you can see comments his friends have left on his page. He was friends with what appears to be Alayna's mom. So freaking sad.

"It sounds like he stayed there on a regular basis," said Cruze. "This is not the first time."

http://kstp.com/news/alayna-jeanne-...ss-county-abduction-body-found/4240855/?cat=1

According to investigators, Anderson, who is Alayna Ertl's father's co-worker, was staying overnight at Ertl's mother's home in Watkins.

This makes it sound like Alayna's mom and dad do not live together however, Anderson took dad's truck which makes it seem like dad was in the home. Am I misunderstanding?

I just wanted to say thanks and job well done to all involved with searching for dear Alayna and the suspect. Seems like everything happened quickly, and though Alayna was probably deceased before her Mommy knew she was missing, the LE was able to find the suspect, arrest him, and find Alayna's body. While it might not seem like a huge deal to some, there's so many unsolved cases, or missing body cases on here that it makes a huge impact to me to see such fast action and resolution.

My heart aches for those that loved dear Alayna. I can't imagine.

This makes it sound like Alayna's mom and dad do not live together however, Anderson took dad's truck which makes it seem like dad was in the home. Am I misunderstanding?

'Officers say 26-year-old Zach Anderson of Coon Rapids took the girl from the home where he was staying as a guest of her parents.'

“The suspect is a coworker, family friend of the child’s father,” Cruze said.'

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/08/20/amber-alert-issued-after-girl-family-friend-go-missing/

You know, I would have been perfectly OK with this monster having an accident during arrest, and being shot dead on the spot, or having a heart attack from the taser.

not enough punishment in my book.

We just had our dog put to sleep yesterday due to aggressive bone cancer and I have been grieving terribly. We voluntarily eased her pain, not for us, but for her.
This poor little girl was healthy and never got the chance to live half as long as our dog.
What also burns me up is that this killer will be able to relive his sick fantasies over and over.
Don't know how families get through things like this, it must be absolutely awful.
I'm so sorry for your loss.🌹

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say thanks and job well done to all involved with searching for dear Alayna and the suspect. Seems like everything happened quickly, and though Alayna was probably deceased before her Mommy knew she was missing, the LE was able to find the suspect, arrest him, and find Alayna's body. While it might not seem like a huge deal to some, there's so many unsolved cases, or missing body cases on here that it makes a huge impact to me to see such fast action and resolution.

My heart aches for those that loved dear Alayna. I can't imagine.

Absolutely this could have ended up like the Diana Alvarez case where we have no clue where Diana is. These cases involving a child's murder must be very difficult for the police, crime scene people etc no matter how many times they have been through it.

I hate to type this but possibly more charges will be added after the autopsy is completed we need to prepare ourselves for that possibility. What a senseless tragedy.

A certainty IMO. I can't think what other motive this sick would have to take her, and then kill her.

There's a hint of why he may have chosen that location in the Scanner thread downstairs.

Yes, but can't mention it here until it hits MSM, which I'm expecting it will later today or tomorrow.

:(

Anyone know if there are any press conferences planned? Or when he might appear in court or anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back