Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nearly every day!!! I would like to see an overhaul in the justice system just for these children. Deal with the pervs quick & forever, so they never get another chance again.

My heart breaks in two for her family. They will carry this pain for the rest of their lives.

The most brilliant teacher I ever knew, when my kids were little, was Ms. Palacio. She strongly believed that the MOST CRUCIAL lesson for young children was learning to be patient about gratification. She would give them little treats and little toys on some mornings, and instruct them to keep them inside their desks, until the end of the day. And if they went ALL DAY, without opening the gift, or tasting the treat, then they had the chance to have another, even better present at the end of class. Early in the year, very few students could wait. But then they would see a few classmates getting a better bigger reward for waiting. By the end of the year ALL OF HER STUDENTS were capable of being handed a candy or a wrapped toy, and setting it on top of their desks, and waiting the entire day to taste it or open it. I consider that one of the greatest gifts that she taught my 2 kids!

Learning patience is a vital lesson for everyone. But how horrific if this little girl was thought of as nothing more than a piece of candy to this beast. Forget patience for a minute ... whatever happened to basic human decency? Knowing the difference between right and wrong? A 5 year old ... any child of any age ... must not even be an option! Period. And yet ... here we are. Again.

Is he not a monster, this man who can remove a child from her bed, carry her out of the house, load her into a truck, and drive away without the parents hearing anything?

The wee girl was put to bed at 2:00 a.m.? I suppose there could be a good reason for keeping a 5 yr old up so late, but it's hard to imagine what. I smell something bad.
She could have been carried if she fell asleep on the couch? And then 'put' to bed in her room. My daughter is 7 and she goes to bed when we do sometimes i the summer its midnight.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Is he not a monster, this man who can remove a child from her bed, carry her out of the house, load her into a truck, and drive away without the parents hearing anything?

Yes, he is a monster. Webster's "simple definition of a monster" is "a powerful person or thing that cannot be controlled and that causes many problems" and to me, this fits child predators. You cannot change them, you cannot control them and you cannot expect them nor trust them to control themselves.

R.I.P. little one. :( He can't hurt you any more.

Fifty years ago, people often didn't hear about cases outside their own local area.

Fifty years ago you didn't hear the word rape in the media (at least in small town media)--instead victims were "assaulted".

Why'd he have to kill her? Seriously, it's not like he wasn't going to get caught. I always thought the killing part was to keep from getting caught-to keep someone from telling, but in this case there was no secret to remain hidden. Perhaps my understanding of why these perverts murder after raping a child was/is off because I just don't get it when there was never a secret as to who did it.

Why'd he have to kill her? Seriously, it's not like he wasn't going to get caught. I always thought the killing part was to keep from getting caught-to keep someone from telling, but in this case there was no secret to remain hidden. Perhaps my understanding of why these perverts murder after raping a child was/is off because I just don't get it when there was never a secret as to who did it.
Yeah, exactly. I mean, he wasn't exactly hiding. She would have been emotionally scarred, but why kill her?

I wonder if there was alcohol or drugs being used by him in the house. Grant it, this is probably not his first time abusing a child. This has a ring of the Shaylyn Ammerman case. A single male who is in the home late at night and abducts and kills a child. The story is becoming more common I fear.

I was playing with and watching my nieces and nephews are else I would have been out there looking and listening to the scanner. I found the information about his family's place on Facebook, but there were a couple of spots he liked to go to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me, too. This is why I tell any potential nanny family that they may have my social media accounts, as many references as they want, and no question is too personal. In this day and age, I don't know how people are able to have anyone around their precious children.

My son is almost three and the only people who have "babysat" him are my mom and dad. I am just too paranoid. The list of people I'd let him be alone with is very small.

Though I will admit when he was a baby...my BIL stayed overnight at our house while passing through town and he brought a friend with him, who was a stranger to us. At the time I was mildly against it but let him stay here anyway. Now...I'm not sure I would.

I wish they would correct the story to say the mom put her to bed at 8pm, and checked on her at 2am. (I don't know if that was with a baby camera, or peeking in the room.). Anyways, I appreciate being able to find out was said on the scanners here. I'm so heartbroken right now. My family had to cheer me up.
I actually got my brother to prevent my nephew from watching the Olympics this afternoon/evening. I told my brother that I felt she was going to be found dead and I didn't want him to see that. He is seven. He is really into the Olympics. I was scared about breaking news.

So he was located in Meeker county and her body was in Cass? How far apart...do we know?

He couldn't sleep for a week after the officer was killed in Fargo. His classmate's father was an officer who was there, saw it, and friends with Jason Moszer. My nephew heard details he should not have.

We just had our dog put to sleep yesterday due to aggressive bone cancer and I have been grieving terribly. We voluntarily eased her pain, not for us, but for her.
This poor little girl was healthy and never got the chance to live half as long as our dog.
What also burns me up is that this killer will be able to relive his sick fantasies over and over.
Don't know how families get through things like this, it must be absolutely awful.

YOU. Kidnap their daughter in their own car.
Then you murder their child and God knows what else you did.

I am begging you Mothers.

Protect your children!

Be 100% on guard.

I really would like to know if drugs were part of this horror.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back