Found Deceased MN - Alayna Ertl, 5, Watkins, 20 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the insite.

I don't know that I have PTSD, but I will tell you a bit about my life, and maybe give you some insite.
I grew up in Houston,Tx, in a loving home with both parents. My father was paranoid of pedo,s and later in life found that he had that wierd uncle. None the less, I was tought to be aware and there is little that my parnets did't share with me about the facts of life. I was also taught what I consider to be the absolute esentials of being a father. Not how to hunt or fish, although we did fish alot, but the importance of showing your children love, and protecting them from evil people. The importance of listening to them, and standing up when it is within your right. The principals of the differance of someone hugging you out of love, and putting their hands on you in nefarious ways. I am a father of 4. It is as if when our first child came along, I became very aware. Not to say that I was not already a very good judge of charactor, but that as an individual, I knew how to protect myself, and it didn't hurt that I was a big guy in good health and better shape. When my children came along it was just very obvious that their mother and I are the only trustworthy line of defence.

Thanks for the insite.

I don't know that I have PTSD, but I will tell you a bit about my life, and maybe give you some insite.
I grew up in Houston,Tx, in a loving home with both parents. My father was paranoid of pedo,s and later in life found that he had that wierd uncle. None the less, I was tought to be aware and there is little that my parnets did't share with me about the facts of life. I was also taught what I consider to be the absolute esentials of being a father. Not how to hunt or fish, although we did fish alot, but the importance of showing your children love, and protecting them from evil people. The importance of listening to them, and standing up when it is within your right. The principals of the differance of someone hugging you out of love, and putting their hands on you in nefarious ways. I am a father of 4. It is as if when our first child came along, I became very aware. Not to say that I was not already a very good judge of charactor, but that as an individual, I knew how to protect myself, and it didn't hurt that I was a big guy in good health and better shape. When my children came along it was just very obvious that their mother and I are the only trustworthy line of defence.

Thank you so much for writing all of that! This helps explain a lot. I knew you had to have learned what you know from somewhere, I just assumed, (my bad) that you had learned it the same route that I had.

You are correct, we are the first line of defense when it comes to our children.

The fine line that I have had to walk is one of not trying to make my children afraid of the world while at the same time making them aware of what I'm seeing in other people to keep them safe. None of this is easy that's for sure.

I think it's a very dangerous mindset to believe you can *just tell* who is a pedophile and who is not.

Thanks for the insite.

I think it's a very dangerous mindset to believe you can *just tell* who is a pedophile and who is not.

Some people call it, 'street smarts'. I call it survival and so far I'm about 99% right on the money. To the point that my friends just turn to me with a look of amazement and say, "HOW did you know that?"

All the rest of it? I haven't a clue. I can't tell when someone is high or drinking for the most part or abusive. So we each have our thing. I'll trust mine.

Here is just ONE example; When I first moved to this town, I took my small son to the playground. A girl about the age of I'd say 12 came down and there was really something about the way she was dressed and how she was playing in the sand that struck me as odd. Her body language ect...this was many, many years ago and to this day I cannot exactly pinpoint what it was about her.

I thought to myself, wherever this poor girl lives she is being taken severely advantage of.

Sure enough her father was arrested within that year and sent to prison for molesting her.

There is just something there that I cannot explain.

I could write several pages on the encounters I've personally had with men who ended up being predators. Not just me guessing about it but who either had backgrounds or were later caught.

I don't think it's that odd really, considering the factual statistics on how many girls are sexually molested, there are obviously more of these types around that people want to accept.

Im not condoning going around falsley accusind anyon, just learning to spot the little stuff.

Some people call it, 'street smarts'. I call it survival and so far I'm about 99% right on the money. To the point that my friends just turn to me with a look of amazement and say, "HOW did you know that?"

All the rest of it? I haven't a clue. I can't tell when someone is high or drinking for the most part or abusive. So we each have our thing. I'll trust mine.

Here is just ONE example; When I first moved to this town, I took my small son to the playground. A girl about the age of I'd say 12 came down and there was really something about the way she was dressed and how she was playing in the sand that struck me as odd. Her body language ect...this was many, many years ago and to this day I cannot exactly pinpoint what it was about her.

I thought to myself, wherever this poor girl lives she is being taken severely advantage of.

Sure enough her father was arrested within that year and sent to prison for molesting her.

I could write several pages on the encounters I've personally had with men who ended up being predators. Not just me guessing about it but who either had backgrounds or were later caught.

I don't think it's that odd really, considering the factual statistics on how many girls are sexually molested, there are obviously more of these types around that people want to accept.
I believe in you absolutely! I have had similar "feelings" sadly, I always felt a "revulsion" towards a very beloved and respected member of my DH's family, only to find out years and years later he was molesting his own grandbabies.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it's usually the people you trust that turn out to be the bad guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Teachers, priests, Boy Scout leaders, relatives, etc.

Priests and Boy Scout Leaders top my predator list. And you really do have to watch teachers, male and female. Most of my teachers were pretty cool, though.

These people are cunning, they strategically place themselves in positions for accessibility.

Coaches - Holy cow you have to watch them. I was hired as a gymnastics coach assistant and the main coach who hired me (good looking, great gymnast, renowned reputation, well- known) gave me serious vibes so I quit. Years later he was convicted of you know what.

Tutors / Mentors / Big Brothers
Bosses
Church Workers (My husband is a pastor, we watch everyone)
Neighbors
Bus Drivers
Day Care
Boys and Girls Clubs
Cruise Ship Childcare
Amusement Park Staff
Babysitters
Boyfriends of single mom's with kids

the list goes on and on...

I get what you are saying. Sometimes someone can give you the willies and you don't know why. You don't know that they are a pedophile or an axe murderer. But ... when someone gives me a bad vibe, I TRUST THAT. I've always had very good instincts that have been proven right enough times, that I don't ignore it. I believe it has saved my life and my children's lives many times.

There's a book entitled 'The Gift of Fear'. It confirms what you are saying----trust those bad vibes!!!

I don't think this is quite fair unless more details come out that say the parents were abusing drugs, etc.

There is nothing (yet) showing the mother didn't protect her child. They had family friend staying in their house. Not a stranger. The dad's coworker, whom he probably knew very well. If you look at the suspect's FB page, he looked VERY normal, had pictures in social situations with normal looking people, etc.

I don't think it's fair at all to judge the parents here, based on what I've read thus far.

I might be old fashioned but , you don't have male company spending the night at your house with a young daughter, I just think its a bad idea how many times have we seen this , if you do have male company with small female , the small children should be with the parents , how hard would it be to keep them in your room , not hard at all I imagine because that's what I do , I don't think its paranoid , I think its common sense, anyone who does not always reside in my house comes over , either I stay w/ the kids or they stay in the room with us .....its not rocket science to know what can happen , and should you really trust your husbands co worker that much?

There's a book entitled 'The Gift of Fear'. It confirms what you are saying----trust those bad vibes!!!

If there is such a thing as the "Gift of Fear", I definitely have it! Next time my husband tells me to stop worrying, I'll tell him he'd better appreciate my "gifts"! LOL ...

If there is such a thing as the "Gift of Fear", I definitely have it! Next time my husband tells me to stop worrying, I'll tell him he'd better appreciate my "gifts"! LOL ...

I get the same but I bet my hesitation has saved us a time or two :)

I read the book and there are examples of people who did and who didn't trust that fear----and what the results were. The one example off the top of my head is that of a woman who got on an elevator. There was a man already on the elevator whose appeared 'normal' but there was something about him that instantly made her uncomfortable when she got on. It crossed her mind to get off before the door closed but she didn't want to appear to be rude (many, many people are afraid of offending someone so they do things they feel uncomfortable doing). He beat her and IIRC, raped her. This book was a page turner and the bottom line was-----we all have the gift of fear, we need to believe in it and respond accordingly to situations. Don't be afraid to offend someone when that feeling comes over you---your life and the lives of people who count on you may depend on it.

Tell your husband I'm sending him my copy. He's lucky you believe in the gift of fear you have.

Would you care to elaborate more about what it is that sets your radar off? Is it a certain look in the eyes? Do you spot it equally in men and women?

Personally, I can spot mental illness in the eyes in both men and women, and I warn my children to steer clear of those people. Additionally, I'm very leery of people with a slovenly, unkempt appearance, as this carelessness tends to extend to one's whole life ... sloppy in manners, hygeine, morals, character, judgement, idleness, laziness. Many pedophiles / child rapists and killers look very disturbed in the eyes and sloppy in appearance (ex. Jessica Lunsford's killer) ... but then there are also the neat professional men like Jerry Sandusky (his eyes give him away). I'm interested to hear your thoughts on any commonalities that are immediate red flags. TIA

I agree, Safeguard.

I think it's great to trust your instincts. If someone gives you a bad vibe...trust that. But there are plenty of perfectly normal people who never give off that vibe...and they end up being "the bad guy." Like a local pediatrician, trusted for DECADES, by many many people. You just never know.

I also think it's really wrong when someone automatically assumes someone is a pervert based on their profession.

I have not yet seen the parents of this child, but I would benture to say that they are younger people. (just guessing) We know some really good younger parents, but unfortunatly that is not the norm these days.
I have no problem that the dad was out drinking or even that he had company and was drinking. Its not my thing, but responsible adults sometimes have a drink. What I would really like to know, is just how well these people knew this person. Why there was so much trust. I agree with Sloane7777, rather or not I thought the person was a perv or not, my children would still be with me. Furthurmore, I would not have anyone in my house that I thought was a perv.
My neighbor for 15 years now still tells people about the 1st time we met. In so many words, I explained that I had 3 children(at the time) and that I don't know him and he don't know me, and not to take it the wrong way, but we can be good neighbors, Ill respect your boundries and you respect mine, and I made it very clear that when it comes to my kids, I do not have an off button. I have good shovel and we still ahve plenty of woods. I made a point to tell him when he grinned that it was not a joke and his brow dropped a little and he looked puzzled. I asked if he had kids, he responded yes, and I simply told him that he shouldnt be offended as I had already stated and that he should be having the same conversation with me. He understood. We have been good friends and neighbors for 15 years now, and he has often told me and others that he felt secure knowing that somene like that lived next door. That's part of the problem these days. Everyone is afraid of offending someone. Im an easy going person. Theres not much I wouldnt do for others in need if anything. Im not always so serious, but when I comes to my kids, the last thing im worried about it offending someone. That being the case, I would bet that if a few more parents had this conversations with friends, neighbors, or anyone who is around those kids, some victims would still be alive today, or would not have been assaulted. Those type of people are betting on you not wanting to offend them. They are looking for a soft target. Self preservation is inharrant in us and those people will take their chances with prison, but often would opt out of a situation where they know they won't make it that far if they get cought.

My life-long friend and I both do something we call, 'laser scan' whenever someone new comes into our lives.

She grew up in an alcoholic home and has the ability to identify people with alcoholic problems from a mile off.

I, on the other hand have deadly radar when it comes to predators.

Neither one of us went off to a special course to learn these skills, we didn't get a degree for them, we have no card in our purses to prove we have this skill. We have decided that these are survival skills learned early in childhood and refined through the years.

I'll spare you the details of the education I received that helped me develop my special set of skills. These were honed on the stone of time over multiple events that had a profoundly cumulative effect on me. I now have a whole new set of skills due to PTSD.

In that same way that I can scan for predators, I can also smell PTSD on someone as if they wear a special cologne that they can't wash off. Chuck, as I read your post I'm getting some faint wiffs of PTSD and I'm asking you, when you can, when you are able to just sit with yourself and someone you trust and examine if this might be true. PTSD comes in an amazing and dizzying array of degrees. Symptoms for one do not fit all and the daily affects of PTSD can cloak us without even knowing it. One component of it is called hyper vigilance. I have this in spades. This is all just something to consider. I'm not diagnosing you or anything like that. Just a suggestion.

There is a better way of life, I found it through a lot of counseling and support.

"Laser Scan" Hahaha! Love it!

I think many of us are very attuned pick up on, sometimes nearly imperceptible, clues from those who trigger a deep awareness, (Conscious, or unconscious), of *something* we've dealt with in the past.

I can not tolerate being in the the presence of an active drug abuser. Doesn't matter if their high at the time, I am just jumping out of my skin, if I am around them for any length of time. ( and I have had to work with some!). I don't have to be told, or see anything. ( they do not ALL look stereotypical, some would fit right in, at a Sunday Morning church service.) I just react as if my nervous system is being strummed like a harp. I can't always name the subtle sensory input, that I am responding to; a slight scent, sound, movement ect...but I have come to respect, that I am (what I refer to as), highly allergic to these people.

But...I have been wrong. On, (however rare), occasion an individual will not trigger me, and I have been astonished to learn they abuse drugs. (Thats a problem). Or a person has triggered me, and I later learn, they do not even use drugs at all! ( also concerning).

We all view the present through the filter of our past experiences. And yes, our point of view, and reactions to things, will definitely be colored in the various shades of our personal histories. The danger is that we will sometimes try and assimilate, very small pieces, ( or even unfamiliar pieces!), of *data* to fit our existing schemas, with sometimes very dire outcomes.

There are also those who have Malignant "Perception". (probably not a thing, just made the term up, just now for use in this example!)

When my 32yr old son was four, it was 1989 and he was enamored of Scooby-Doo. They came out with some, ( Scooby) underthings for boys, called Under-Roos. So we bought him some.
He ran to try them on, and came out to show us how they fit. He was so delighted! (Still makes me smile all these many years later LOL!). While he was showing us I saw a huge lump, the size of a large egg, at the top of his pubic bone, on the right side. "Come here a minute"... "what's is that"...he says, " Oh...Thats just my bone, it pops out sometimes. I can push it back in, watch". He procceds to push said "lump" back in...

I knew then he had a hernia. Had no idea how bad that was, but I wasn't taking any chances. I took him to the ER, to have it examined. The Dr. took the briefest of looks at him and then she turned to GLARE at me, and said. "He does NOT have a hernia.

I said, Yes he does. I saw, I felt it. Can I get someone else see him please?
As she was arguing with me, another Dr. happened by the room, and he stopped in and said, what's up? So I quickly explained... he turned to Dr. All-parents-are-pedophiles, and said, "Do you mind if I take a look?", She said, "Be my guest. but he does not have a hernia!" Dr. Knows-what-he's-doing, examined my son, more thoroughly, asked him to cough and such. Like two minutes later, he comes out and says, Oh yes he DOES have a hernia. And it's a really BIG one too. He'll need a repair.

Dr. Pedo's-R-You, turns to me with her withering, accusatory gaze and said, "SO, tell me again, exactly how did YOU find this hernia?! (Oh my god my blood ran cold!), I tell her "how" and she goes, "Oh REALLY?" You expect me to believe THAT? Dr. Must-have-seen-this-from-her-before, turns to her and said, almost under his breath, "Just stop it. Right NOW".

My son had surgery the next morning, and a nurse came up to me as they were taking him, and said, "We can tell you take really good care of him'. I was so grateful for that remark, I almost cried. I often wonder if word got around, and she felt bad for us...

it's a grave injustice... a terrifying, hauntingly painful thing... to be falsely accused. (even briefly, as in my case).
We all need to use our best judgement, to be sure, but closed minded, tunnel vision can cause great harm.

I have something like this, too, and I'm constantly honing it, so it gets better as the years go by. And of course we can all miss something or be mistaken, but these skills are basically trustworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back