GUILTY MN - Anarae Schunk, 20, found murdered, Burnsville, 22 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm having a hard time buying Anarae's family and friends story that she reconnected with Shavelle just to get her $5000 back. This guy had no job. He takes money from people, doesn't give it to people. He's driving a 30 year old car. He has no legitimate source of income. No, I think there's more to this story.

I'm having a hard time buying Anarae's family and friends story that she reconnected with Shavelle just to get her $5000 back. This guy had no job. He takes money from people, doesn't give it to people. He's driving a 30 year old car. He has no legitimate source of income. No, I think there's more to this story.

I agree poor kid.....
after further reading it looks like they were together again.

I'm not at all laying blame on the victim, because AS was truly victimized.

This happened late on a Saturday night. Trying to get $ back, if that was her reasoning, why go to a bar with this criminal and so late? Maybe it's just me, but I would be darned angry about the money.

Was she reconnecting with him? What about his current girlfriend?

Do we know if the ex-wife has been named publicly or whether she has been arrested? Really, there are 3 people here with some type of motive, although being a witness to a murder would probably trump any of the other ones.

If she was stabbed multiple times, I will be surprised if he physically committed the act. I won't be surprised, however, if this was perpetrated either by the other girl that was with him or his ex wife. A stabbing like this typically has a 'blind jealous rage' tinge to it.

I just think he would have shot her rather than rage stabbed her.

If she was stabbed multiple times, I will be surprised if he physically committed the act. I won't be surprised, however, if this was perpetrated either by the other girl that was with him or his ex wife. A stabbing like this typically has a 'blind jealous rage' tinge to it.

I just think he would have shot her rather than rage stabbed her.

Do you think the ex-wife did it or Conrade, the current girl friend? The ex wife may have done it; the jacket was found at her apartment, as was the knife on the roof. What would have been her motive - to protect Nelson?

I agree that Nelson most likely would have shot her.

Do you think the ex-wife did it or Conrade, the current girl friend? The ex wife may have done it; the jacket was found at her apartment, as was the knife on the roof. What would have been her motive - to protect Nelson?

I agree that Nelson most likely would have shot her.

Dunno. Could be either one or both. This is more of a love hexagon than a love triangle.

Dunno. Could be either one or both. This is more of a love hexagon than a love triangle.

AS went to Conrade's after the shooting. Why would she leave to go get stabbed at the ex-wife's. I doubt if the ex came over and stabbed her, dumped her and then kept the jacket and then tossed the knife on her roof. Ex may have been given those items to hide but kept them as bargaining chips. Why did le go to the ex's in the first place? Le knows way more than their letting out.

Do we know if the ex-wife has been named publicly or whether she has been arrested? Really, there are 3 people here with some type of motive, although being a witness to a murder would probably trump any of the other ones.

As I posted earlier, in a StarTribune interview Anarae's brother stated that the ex along with 2 others had been arrested. However, the article has since been revised or deleted. Because of error or @ le request? I've researched the arrests for Dakota & Ramsey counties and found nothing to suggest anyone has been arrested.

Check out:

Dakota County, MN criminal complaints.

Put in Ashley Conrade's name and possible dates. Then check HER version of the story near the end of the complaint. Gosh AS must have walked to where she was found, since, according to Conrade, Nelson never left her apartment.

I have a feeling that AS was trying to be the voice of reason after the initial shooting (i.e. "turn yourself in!") and it went downhill from there. I imagine that there were alot of wild emotions from all parties after the murder occurred, and rather than do the right thing they decided to shut up any and all dissent (and witnesses). Probably a lot of pent up rage toward AS by the current girlfriend anyway due to the whole cloudy arrangement, so I'm sure she lobbied for her murder, if not committed it altogether.

I have a feeling that AS was trying to be the voice of reason after the initial shooting (i.e. "turn yourself in!") and it went downhill from there. I imagine that there were alot of wild emotions from all parties after the murder occurred, and rather than do the right thing they decided to shut up any and all dissent (and witnesses). Probably a lot of pent up rage toward AS by the current girlfriend anyway due to the whole cloudy arrangement, so I'm sure she lobbied for her murder, if not committed it altogether.

Your saying Anarae escaped with them after the shooting in order to reason with him. Getting Shavelle to do the "right Thing" is crazy imho.

But, how did the ex-wife get involved? The distance from the apartment in Rosemount to South St. Paul is, at least, 15 miles.

I'm confused as to where AS was murdered. Lonsdale? The ex-wife's apartment? The girlfriend's apartment? Was she taken alive to Lonsdale?

But, how did the ex-wife get involved? The distance from the apartment in Rosemount to South St. Paul is, at least, 15 miles.

I'm confused as to where AS was murdered. Lonsdale? The ex-wife's apartment? The girlfriend's apartment? Was she taken alive to Lonsdale?

Lot's we don't know. Let's hope le can fill in the blanks. If one person killed her, that leaves two who know who did. With as much already known, I think this case should be solved pretty quickly.

maybe ex-wife was not really involved, but just agreed to hide the murder weapon? Somehow she got it, or it got to her building, maybe not her personally - but how?

The complaint linked upthread (conrade's version) makes it sound like she was really trying to distance herself from Nelson... referred to him as just a guy bothering her at first.

so much more to come out about this.

maybe ex-wife was not really involved, but just agreed to hide the murder weapon? Somehow she got it, or it got to her building, maybe not her personally - but how?

The complaint linked upthread (conrade's version) makes it sound like she was really trying to distance herself from Nelson... referred to him as just a guy bothering her at first.

so much more to come out about this.

I think you might of misread the complaint. It was the victim who was bothering her. If I'm wrong, please explain.

Sheesh - thank you, yes, I misread it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I know it's difficult for us to believe Anarae was with Shavelle & Conrade that night because she enjoyed their company but let's look at what's known. I don't believe she went to get her money back--I addressed that earlier. She went to the bar with them voluntarily. She spent hours with them there. Shavelle made lewd comments about her there in front of strangers and she didn't call a cab and leave. After the shooting there's no evidence she was forced to leave with them. I'm not bashing the victim, but as of now I believe she was acting of her own free will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back