MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, that part of it I agree with you on. I was referring to something he had to say about being on meth. Hoping I don't have that confused with another comment.

Neesaki, I read the meth part, I was so infuriated about the Mason's I couldn't think about anything else.
I don't know what to think about his post about the meth, I didn't know Brandon, but he was a good student with goals he was workin for, so hard to see him as a tweaker. JMO

Black flag/Red flag is a troll.
There are special places for trolls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to be a "tweaker" to try it once, though. Especially not at that age and at a party. It's sadly pretty prevalent in rural areas. Either way, that doesn't answer what happened to him. I believe the dogs that someone is dead out there, and I believe it's him. But I still can't decide why.

ETA: This is in reference to U2's post regarding meth. I forgot to quote and don't know how to do it after the fact. Sorry.

If he was a tweaker he'd have still been in his car trying to take apart the stereo tiny piece by tiny piece. I don't see that as what the problem is here.

If he was a tweaker he'd have still been in his car trying to take apart the stereo tiny piece by tiny piece. I don't see that as what the problem is here.

Well, it did happen in the case in Omaha. I don't know. Either way, we know he'd had something to drink, it was dark and rural and he was lost and frustrated. Still doesn't answer anything, unfortuantely.

Well, it did happen in the case in Omaha. I don't know. Either way, we know he'd had something to drink, it was dark and rural and he was lost and frustrated. Still doesn't answer anything, unfortuantely.

I was thinking of that case too, they were really bad off with some serious hallucinations. I don't know anything about meth except what I've read, well, and from Breaking Bad, lol. But is it possible a less potent or smaller dose would just create confusion minus the hallucinations. Or could the lights he saw have been a hallucination?

ETA: FYI : for those who may not be aware of the Omaha case we're discussing, here's a link.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Health/story?id=1062446&page=1

Ya, I came back and re-read what I've written and I'm not so sure I can rule out meth. I live in a very rural area and in our state meth is just a huge problem. Scary huge problem. People I wouldn't ever dream of doing meth are doing it to lose weight!! (I'll stay fat thank you very much).

This is frustrating for me, I cannot even fathom how frustrating, heartbreaking, mind numbing it is for his parents. It also is so senseless.

if he did meth or any other drug and the dealer knew he had more money, it is possible he was followed and kidnapped. it is also possible to have fallen into some hidden well or abandoned septic system hole. it is weird he just vanished while on the phone for 45 mins. no trace of him, his clothes or his phone.

We lived rurally. A well has a pipe that is fairly small. Maybe six inches?

As far as a septic tank.those openings are not that big that someone could not get out of it. A tank is only a couple of feet deep.

At this point, and it could change, I believe that it's likely one of the following:

1. He either fell in the river and got wet then died from hypothermia
2. Someone was tracking him for whatever reason who had a bone to pick and caught up with him
3. He got to that road and met up with a predator who offered him a ride -

In the last two scenarios, if the case, either his phone was disabled from getting wet, or, when he met up with whoever it was, he was no longer able to answer calls. Totally just JMO, and totally open to discussion. :)

Another thought; his dad said that Brandon did not sound disoriented. However this may be because they did not have a conversation that would have elicited responses that would reveal disorientation or incorrect thinking.

Brandon was becoming anxious and irritated. His mother said at one point tensions rose and Brandon hung up, she called back and apologized. This could certainly be agitation from the circumstances but agitation can also indicate confusion.

We know from the facts that Brandon was confused and disoriented. He continually told them he was in the completely wrong direction. They could hear him over the phone turning on and off his headlights to signal them. He said, "Don't you see me?" (This line made me cry).

So we know now that Brandon was confused and disoriented.

He could have easily hit his head on the metal framing of the car and sustained a brain injury. The sheriff claimed that there wasn't damage in the car to indicate that had happened. The sheriff is not a doctor. The sheriff is not a neurologist. The sheriff is not an MRI or a CT scanner. It's these statements that throw off the search process because it leads our thinking.

There are people that have preexisting conditions, fragile blood vessels that we will never know about and just the 'right' blow to the head can break those vessels. Could also explain why he began wandering as his brain bled. That wouldn't explain the, "Oh $#1t!" comment though.

Makes me want to travel to Minnesota and go to those fields.

Excellent posts, IBsleuthin :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 'oh ****' in that podcast or whatever it was has to be a re-enactment, not a real recording. It isn't very cool of them to fail to make that distinction.

I truly doubt the parents recorded the call. They had no idea at the time that he was about to disappear forever. They thought it was a regular phone call, and that they would meet up with him shortly. He did not report feeling in any danger, so they had no reason to record the call.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2008/05/051308-brandon-swanson-19-marshall-mn.html
Walking down a GRAVEL road would have been the FIRST indication that he was not on the road that he claimed to be. He should not have been on gravel at all.
As I understand it, if I understand it correctly (and please correct me if I am wrong), he left his stranded car and began to cut across fields towards lights he saw in the distance. He mis-identified those lights, as we know, but still -- he was in the fields, not on roads.

People sometimes try to claim he was struck on the road by a driver, or attacked by someone coming along that road, hence 'Oh ****!' and thus his disappearance (the guilty party hid his body).

But these scenarios can't be true if he really did leave the road to cut across the fields.

Or, his phone got wet and died, then maybe a predator came along and offered him a ride. jmo
Well, it was Minnesota in spring. Not sure what predator could take down a young adult male and leave no trace. Even wolves (and I don't know if they are even in that area) would leave a trace.

Another thought; his dad said that Brandon did not sound disoriented. However this may be because they did not have a conversation that would have elicited responses that would reveal disorientation or incorrect thinking.

Brandon was becoming anxious and irritated. His mother said at one point tensions rose and Brandon hung up, she called back and apologized. This could certainly be agitation from the circumstances but agitation can also indicate confusion.

We know from the facts that Brandon was confused and disoriented. He continually told them he was in the completely wrong direction. They could hear him over the phone turning on and off his headlights to signal them. He said, "Don't you see me?" (This line made me cry).

So we know now that Brandon was confused and disoriented.

He could have easily hit his head on the metal framing of the car and sustained a brain injury. The sheriff claimed that there wasn't damage in the car to indicate that had happened. The sheriff is not a doctor. The sheriff is not a neurologist. The sheriff is not an MRI or a CT scanner. It's these statements that throw off the search process because it leads our thinking.

There are people that have preexisting conditions, fragile blood vessels that we will never know about and just the 'right' blow to the head can break those vessels. Could also explain why he began wandering as his brain bled. That wouldn't explain the, "Oh $#1t!" comment though.

Makes me want to travel to Minnesota and go to those fields.

Or he was disoriented because it was pitch black and he was legally blind on his right eye.

At this point, and it could change, I believe that it's likely one of the following:
1. He either fell in the river and got wet then died from hypothermia
2. Someone was tracking him for whatever reason who had a bone to pick and caught up with him
3. He got to that road and met up with a predator who offered him a ride -

In the last two scenarios, if the case, either his phone was disabled from getting wet, or, when he met up with whoever it was, he was no longer able to answer calls. Totally just JMO, and totally open to discussion. :)

Regarding the phone stopping working because of wetness, there are some question marks regarding that scenario as the phone did work and continued to ring the following days:

"Dahl (LE) said law enforcement expected Brandon Swanson’s cell phone to not work but when they made calls to it during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, the phone rang and eventually calls were directed to his voice mail.

Later Thursday, calls were immediately directed to Brandon Swanson’s voicemail, which likely meant the phone’s battery needed to be charged, Dahl said." http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...01860.html?nav=5015+&cd=2&hl=sv&ct=clnk&gl=se

So, given that it did work for days after brandon's disappearance but then suddenly did not, one must wonder what was the reason for that. It has been suggested that perhaps Brandon fell into some type of hole or cavity, which would then be the reason for the phone working, until supposedly, the battery went dead.

Well, it was Minnesota in spring. Not sure what predator could take down a young adult male and leave no trace. Even wolves (and I don't know if they are even in that area) would leave a trace.

Given that Neesaki described the predator as offering rides, he was obviously referring to a predator like William Bonin or Randy Kraft rather than an actual wolf or bear driving around offering lone walking youngsters rides.:P
Although I guess the mere sight of a bear or huge wolf coming out from pitch darkness and with a big grin growling; "Want a ride?" could indeed have made quite a few people to shout "Oh sh*it!".:P

MOO, but I think Brandon was accidentally hit by a car. Again, MOO, but after he was hit, the driver of the car took his body with him/her to hide it; no evidence that he had been hit, and no BOLO for a car with significant front-end damage.

I get Erica Baker vibes from this case. Erica was a 9 year old girl from a suburb of Dayton, Ohio. She was thought to have been abducted, but according to the story at the link below, she was accidentally hit by a van, then had her body disposed of to hide the fact that she had been hit and killed. As always, MOO.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/how-erica-died-we-heard-a-thud-accused-says/3487543

MOO, but I think Brandon was accidentally hit by a car. Again, MOO, but after he was hit, the driver of the car took his body with him/her to hide it; no evidence that he had been hit, and no BOLO for a car with significant front-end damage.

I get Erica Baker vibes from this case. Erica was a 9 year old girl from a suburb of Dayton, Ohio. She was thought to have been abducted, but according to the story at the link below, she was accidentally hit by a van, then had her body disposed of to hide the fact that she had been hit and killed. As always, MOO.

That is an interesting thought and it crossed my mind as well. How do you explain him talking on the phone all the way until he says "oh ****" then not hear from him after that. It would point to him dying in the crash. But if his body is not there and he walks away, why not use your phone again? Or was it even a crash, was there a road block of gangsters waiting for him? Did a car suddenly pass him from behind then force his car to slow down and he goes in the ditch trying to get around them?

We know Brandon was talking on the phone with his dad and driving at the same time, all the way until he said "Oh ****". Was he driving so terribly because of this, with someone behind him getting raged up over it? The car or truck pulls alongside him, rams him into the ditch, then goes to fight him, but ends up abducting him as well?

Each and every time a guy disappears, the hypothesis always comes up sooner or later, that he was hit by a car and the driver disposed of his body.
Sure, it can happen, but so far, I have never personally encountered such an actually proven case where that has de facto been determined to have happened.
I know of the case of Erica, and it is possible, but firstly, the person, Brandon, recanted his story that she had been accidentily hit, and secondly her body was not found buried at the spot where he had claimed that Erica had been buried after the accident, when the authorities investigated the spot.

So, while it could well be what did happen to her, her destiny is nevertheless not a concluded fact.

Now, the following, on the other hand, are something as rare as examples of two confirmed cases where the driver of a hit and run have sort of taken the body with them:

The first case is the killing of Anna Lewis, hit by the driver Jose Santiago. When she was hit by the car, it happened with such a force that the upper part of her torso flew of into the vehicle, where it then remained in the backseat until the driver was arrested, with blood and "matter" all over the place: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2015/03/allentown_severed.html

In the other case, the driver, a woman by the name Chante Jawan Mallard, struck 37-year-old Gregory Glenn Biggs, a homeless man, with her car. The hit was so powerful that his left leg literally flew off and landed on the dashboard while his body flew straight through into the windshield where it got stuck: http://murderpedia.org/female.M/m/mallard-chante.htm

And: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gregory_Glen_Biggs

Why I describe the graphics of the above cases, is to show that a hit and run is not so neat and clean as people might think; on the contrary it leaves one hell of a mess, and it will also leave evidence both on the spot for the accident as well as on the vehicle, and even if not noticed immediately, then later when driving around with it.
The authorities also searched the area where they had traced Brandon's mobile phone, but found no trace of him. No blood, no mess, nothing. And no demolated cars were neither reported driving around or after that time
For this reason and in combination with other circumstancial details of the case, it must be considered extremely unlikely that a hit and run would have happened, without any evidence left whatsoever given the circumstances, and not the least as Brandon was out walking in the field, not the road, when the call abruptly ended.

Each and every time a guy disappears, the hypothesis always comes up sooner or later, that he was hit by a car and the driver disposed of his body.
Sure, it can happen, but so far, I have never personally encountered such an actually proven case where that has de facto been determined to have happened.
I know of the case of Erica, and it is possible, but firstly, the person, Brandon, recanted his story that she had been accidentily hit, and secondly her body was not found buried at the spot where he had claimed that Erica had been buried after the accident, when the authorities investigated the spot.

So, while it could well be what did happen to her, her destiny is nevertheless not a concluded fact.

Now, the following, on the other hand, are something as rare as examples of two confirmed cases where the driver of a hit and run have sort of taken the body with them:

The first case is the killing of Anna Lewis, hit by the driver Jose Santiago. When she was hit by the car, it happened with such a force that the upper part of her torso flew of into the vehicle, where it then remained in the backseat until the driver was arrested, with blood and "matter" all over the place: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2015/03/allentown_severed.html

In the other case, the driver, a woman by the name Chante Jawan Mallard, struck 37-year-old Gregory Glenn Biggs, a homeless man, with her car. The hit was so powerful that his left leg literally flew off and landed on the dashboard while his body flew straight through into the windshield where it got stuck: http://murderpedia.org/female.M/m/mallard-chante.htm

And: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gregory_Glen_Biggs

Why I describe the graphics of the above cases, is to show that a hit and run is not so neat and clean as people might think; on the contrary it leaves one hell of a mess, and it will also leave evidence both on the spot for the accident as well as on the vehicle, and even if not noticed immediately, then later when driving around with it.
The authorities also searched the area where they had traced Brandon's mobile phone, but found no trace of him. No blood, no mess, nothing. And no demolated cars were neither reported driving around or after that time
For this reason and in combination with other circumstancial details of the case, it must be considered extremely unlikely that a hit and run would have happened, without any evidence left whatsoever given the circumstances, and not the least as Brandon was out walking in the field, not the road, when the call abruptly ended.

Is that right? He had gone into the ditch and was still talking to his dad while walking across a field?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back