Found Deceased MN - Chukwudi Onyeaghala, 19, White Bear Lake, 9 Oct 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search focuses on the Mississippi River:
WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The search for a missing Winona state student is now focusing on the Mississippi River.
Dive teams have been on the river since last Tuesday, looking for 19-year-old Ben Onyeaghala.
According to the Winona County Sheriff's department, Onyeaghala was last seen on a security camera overlooking a university boat on the Winona Levee.
The camera captured a brief moment of Onyeaghala walking down the side walk along the river around midnight on Friday October 7th.
http://www.news8000.com/news/search-for-missing-wsu-student-focuses-on-mississippi-river/42146188

According to the Winona County Sheriff's Office, the body of Chukwudi Benjamin Onyeaghala was discovered in the Mississippi River near Homer. Authorities received a call Tuesday at 9:26 a.m. from a person living near the river who said they saw something floating in the water, possibly a body.

The Winona County dive team recovered the body, which has been identified as Onyeaghala's, according to Sheriff Ron Ganrude. The body will be taken to Rochester where an autopsy will be performed.
http://www.kaaltv.com/news/body-fou...student-chukwudi-benjamin-onyeaghala/4294424/

RIP Ben :rose:

I hope he was not shot off the boat.

There hasn't been anything about a gun shot from what I have seen. The articles were really confusing but I got the impression that he jumped or fell into the water and may have hit his head on the side of the boat, hence the blood found on the boat later on. It's hard to say if this was an accident or a suicide. I don't think the boat owner would have come forward if he shot him off his boat.

so very tragic, wow. And to think about those images of him, right before... heartbreaking. Sad too when a thread like this doesn't get the same attention as others for many, many reasons. When there is so little to go on, it must be so hard for everyone touched by this experience. =(

I am very curious to (hopefully) find out what actually happened. The whole boat owner situation sounds shady to me- I still don't understand why he wouldn't call the police if there was a strange man on his boat and then he just sat there with the cabin door closed for up to a half hour... Perhaps the boat owner tried to "persuade" him off the vessel.
I wonder if Ben was trying to hide, or if maybe he was injured and disoriented. I hope he didn't suffer.

Ben, I'm so sorry I couldn't find you. Fly high, rest easy my friend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back