GUILTY MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, Apr 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The verdict should be not guilty imo. She did not shoot him consciously, and the charges require it to be conscious action. She and/or the city should have to pay something, but that should be tried in civil court, not criminal.

I will be shocked if it is not guilty...really shocked but anything possible. I have to wonder who can actually confirm it is not hung short of the court and lawyers involved? If a verdict must have been some real mind changing going on in there.

Potter a 26 year veteran of the police force...should have known she had the gun in her hand and not her taser. I believe in an interview she said she saw the gun in her hand.

She is guilty. She is remorseful. But she still took a life... If it were one of us who handled a gun so carelessly and killed someone...we would probably go to prison.

I will be shocked if it is not guilty...really shocked but anything possible. I have to wonder who can actually confirm it is not hung short of the court and lawyers involved? If a verdict must have been some real mind changing going on in there.

Do you think someone who wanted to vote guilty─could be changed to voting not guilty?

Potter a 26 year veteran of the police force...should have known she had the gun in her hand and not her taser. I believe in an interview she said she saw the gun in her hand.

She is guilty. She is remorseful. But she still took a life... If it were one of us who handled a gun so carelessly and killed someone...we would probably go to prison.
Exactly.If I wrongly shot someone by mistake using a real gun versus a taser I have no doubt my butt would go to prison.What makes her any different?

She obviously did something wrong, but going by the law, she had to have conscious intent here, she had to "commit a conscious or intentional act in connection with the handling or use of a firearm that creates a substantial and unjustifiable risk that she is aware of" for the first charge, and that she "consciously took a chance of causing death or great bodily harm" for the second. But that's not what happened here.

Involuntary manslaughter involves knowing doing something risky, she didn't do that.

But the jury did not agree with me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back