MN MN - Elle Ragin, 6, Mother Found Deceased, Northfield, July 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmmm -- this is, I must say, a very interesting case.
Apparently the mom's death is a suicide. Period.
I'd like to know about the "how" of her death and why LE seems so sure it's suicide.

I can't imagine little Ellie just walking out of that house by herself unless some neighbors or relatives were close to the place where she and her mom lived, and we haven't heard anything about that -- I'm assuming LE already checked with neighbors, if there were any.
Little Ellie has disappeared -- either she is hiding, or has been taken by someone.
I hope, if she is with some people, she is in good hands. Also hoping that if she is, those folks with get in touch with LE.

Hmmm -- this is, I must say, a very interesting case.
Apparently the mom's death is a suicide. Period.
I'd like to know about the "how" of her death and why LE seems so sure it's suicide.

I can't imagine little Ellie just walking out of that house by herself unless some neighbors or relatives were close to the place where she and her mom lived, and we haven't heard anything about that -- I'm assuming LE already checked with neighbors, if there were any.
Little Ellie has disappeared -- either she is hiding, or has been taken by someone.
I hope, if she is with some people, she is in good hands. Also hoping that if she is, those folks with get in touch with LE.
I just said a prayer for a miracle. I fear she needs one. I wish we knew more about the mom and her habits. I sure do hope we don’t find the mom took her life because she took little Ellie’s life and hid her somewhere. There is a water area running through Northfield:

Prayers from here, too.
Your and LE's theory for little Ellie's disappearance, sad to say, makes the most sense, @imstilla.grandma. And if it is so, WTH made mom do that? We have no idea what mom may have been dealing with in her life. Hoping for more details... As usual.
That creek is fairly good-sized, but if that sweet little girl's body is in there, it will be found sooner or later. SMH.
Hoping for good news, but...

*The Facebook post shared earlier has a comment about the correct spelling of Elle’s name. Also last post I just saw has link to show Mom with little Elle looking so happy and cute…

Witnesses at the scene told FOX 9 there was a large group of people searching cornfields by the townhouses and flying drones overhead yesterday. Agents from the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension were seen going in and out of the home Sunday morning.

Investigators believe that prior to taking her own life, Lisa Wade had something to do with her daughter's disappearance

A former neighbor of Lisa Wade's wrote on Facebook: 'She is the sweetest little girl, and she had a wonderful family'

A former neighbor of Lisa Wade's wrote on Facebook: 'She is the sweetest little girl, and she had a wonderful family

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/Kirsten_TV
@Kirsten_TV

Update from Northfield Chief Mark Elliott - search continues. He says Elle was last seen at her home in Northfield where her mother was found dead on Saturday. They are using a helicopter, drones and other techniques to search the area.
@WCCO
2:30 PM · Jul 3, 2022

@Kirsten_TV

A helicopter is circling the cornfields near the home of #missing 6-year-old Elle Ragin.
@WCCO

https://twitter.com/Kirsten_TV
@Kirsten_TV

Crime scene tape is still up outside the townhomes in #Northfield where Elle Ragin’s mother was found dead Saturday. A neighbor I spoke to said police went door to door asking neighbors for information.
@WCCO

This is so heartbreaking to see Mom and daughter smiling at each other. I cannot think of a scenario that makes sense.

No way that Mom would kill herself with her 6 yr old alive and well in the next room. I just don't believe that happened.

So Mom hopefully would have stashed her child safely with someone else, or sadly, maybe something bad had alrerasdy happened to the child, which triggered Moms suicide?

OR maybe it wasn't a suicide---and someone took the child?

It said 'an apparent suicide,' in the police statement.

I wish it was more straightforward. It seems that it is open and could be homicide, or a staged suicide scene.
And they say they think she is involved in the child's disappearance! It's why I want to see her social media. To get a better picture of what was going on to have some ideas of where the child might be. This is a hard one.

<modsnipped: Removed image that may not be accurate>

... Wade was found dead in her Northfield home from an apparent suicide on Saturday. Police believe she may have had something to do with Ragin's disappearance. Northfield Police Department

Investigators spent Sunday processing the apartment and Wade’s vehicle. Canine teams, drones and a helicopter from the Minnesota State Patrol all searched the area, with no results.
600 Maple Brook Ct
Northfield, MN 55057:
1656946171112.png

1656946351693.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads