MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #15 - Chauvin Trial Day 12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the training (or experience) in the world won’t prepare you for every situation, unfortunately. Every situation is different; the individual, the crowd, the circumstances, everything. When you become complacent, you open yourself up for trouble. It would be complacent (IMO) to become comfortable around people video recording an incident. Maybe 99% of the time nothing bad happens. I don’t want to take the chance of experiencing that 1%.

I might have tuned out what the crowd was yelling, but been alert by the fact that they were yelling. It’s hard for me to speak to that, I wasn’t there.

Excellent point! Perhaps Chauvin was just tuning out EVERYONE as you state as an example! Do you think he has a mental disease or defect? That he didn't understand Keung, Lane, the crowd as he was....????

Including those that only yelled when GF was in distress, when Lane and Keung said no pulse/should we turn him.

WHOA!

What do you think made you in that situation would tune you out? I have never even considered that Chauvin didn't understand the crowd and what they are saying.

Perhaps the defense missed an opportunity to slam this one down... but I guess that is where they are going that he mentally didn't hear the first 3 minutes, and he has an issue that cannot process him staring at folks directly when they call him out for on his neck, he isn't responding, he can't breathe.

I don't think this characterization of Chauvin as a .... ummm... how to say... a challenged person??? could be a police officer for so long.

MOO.

He just said he believes Floyd was still struggling with officers once he was in the prone position and it "appeared" that he kicked officer Lane. I wonder what he will say about Floyd's resistance during the next nine minutes he was restrained and if it was justified use of force.

but wasn’t it already shown that it was actually one of the officers moving his legs?

GF was handcuffed, on the ground without a pulse, and not breathing....but hey, let's wait for EMS to get here. He might be aggressive if he wakes up. There were 4 plus officers there,
afraid a one man, face down, handcuffed...and was DEAD.

I believe drugs played a part in GF’s death. I believe his heart played a role in his death. Just to name a few. I also believe DC’s actions played a role in his death. He is guilty, I’ve never questioned that. I don’t think many people would sincerely disagree. So why have a trial at all?

Not sure what country you are from, but that is what is done in the US and most all countries in the world.

but wasn’t it already shown that it was actually one of the officers moving his legs?

Prosecution expert testimony explained it as myoclonic seizure activity:

Tobin said that George Floyd's leg movements during the incident shows evidence that he was experiencing a seizure while Chauvin was holding him down.

"We see and we can tell from the movement of his leg that the level of oxygen in his brain has caused what we call a myoclonic seizure activity," he said.

"Those are medical terms but basically it means he has kicked out his leg in an extension form, that he has straightened out his leg, and that is something we see as clinicians in patients when they suffer brain injury as a result of a low level of oxygen."

Prosecution expert testimony explained it as myoclonic seizure activity:

Tobin said that George Floyd's leg movements during the incident shows evidence that he was experiencing a seizure while Chauvin was holding him down.

"We see and we can tell from the movement of his leg that the level of oxygen in his brain has caused what we call a myoclonic seizure activity," he said.

"Those are medical terms but basically it means he has kicked out his leg in an extension form, that he has straightened out his leg, and that is something we see as clinicians in patients when they suffer brain injury as a result of a low level of oxygen."
Thank you for the reply. there’s been so much testimony I may need to break out a pen and paper to keep up lol

Talking heads on court tv just made a very good point. This witness said they didn’t roll Floyd over because they didn’t have the space. But they were on a public street.. with plenty of space!

The State had "hired guns" too, some even waived their fee.

So if this guy had waived his fee, would he be more believable?
Not for me. The witness's who asked not to be paid because they felt is was very important for them to testify for the prosecution. I consider that to be an obvious sign of a bias against the defendant. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe