MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is getting it on the record that the supposed response time of Code 3 at Fire house #17 is 3 blocks away is abnormal. (The Code 3 was at 8:21:00, they arrived at 8:26:29). She said fire should have arrived before the ambulance/EMS. She says she doesn't believe that, it's abnormal. She also explained the reason of "load and go" was to get to another safe location.

From hearing the witnesses, I really don’t think the prosecution need to say much more. The videos speak for themselves and the witness’ obvious trauma related to that day is clear from their voices. The medical professionals testimony will be very important also, but when you’ve got a 911 operator and a firefighter on the stand testifying that they were concerned enough to call the police on the police it speaks volumes to the jury IMO. JMO but from today, they can say what they like about GF’s substance use or health issues because we have heard from the mouths of random people who were completely traumatised by what they saw that day. Unless they have a bystander witness who testifies that DC did nothing wrong in their opinion, which I very much doubt, then I don’t think there’s much the defence can say that would throw up any doubt. MOO

He keeps trying to impeach by pointing out that she said she saw urine, that she saw hand in pocket.

And she retorts that "it's good that there was video"

Yes, that is why direct testimony of eye witnesses is less than video every day of the week! That's not a full impeachment MOO.

Rut row!! What just happened?

Jury sent out, Counsel remain, witness remain...

Judge is admonishing for arguing with counsel and the judge. He's hot.

RUT ROH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is still arguing with the judge.

She is told to come back at 9:30

.. He's still at it.... Judge wants to know who has a cell phone, tell that person to come here. BANG goes a door closing..............judge is ON.A.ROLL!!!!

*staring at seal*..................we wait.

He's back on bench... counsel is trying to get the cell persons' a$$ back in court.... Judge says he'll wait in chambers......

Wouldn't wanna be that person up next....

*staring at seal*

Last edited:
I think she’s handling the cross examination well. She’s clearly getting agitated though. And he’s getting smart with her. I don’t know how that’s going to look to the jury. He’s getting mad as well.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Defense attorneys have a job to do, someone has to do it. They can often come across rude and victimizing, trying to catch witnesses on small previous statements, etc.

All I can say is that this is a job that I would never have a desire to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson and Hansen are going back and forth over the response time of medics. Hansen raises concerns about the length of time it took medical help to arrive "that is precisely the kind of call that fire would respond to and Station 17 is just a couple blocks away."

Hansen says, "we get a call and we go".

Nelson asks "And, again, that five or six minute delay is just unheard of in your experience?"

Hansen says yes.

Nelson starts asking Hansen whether she has experience administering Narcan, which is used to revive someone who has overdosed.

Hansen says when people are revived, they can become combative but says it doesn't happen often.

Nelson starts asking Hansen whether she has experience administering Narcan, which is used to revive someone who has overdosed.

Hansen says when people are revived, they can become combative but says it doesn't happen often.

Nelson asks whether she would describe other bystanders' demeanors as upset or angry.

Hansen replies "I don't know if you've seen anybody be killed .. it's upsetting". This answer results in objection from Nelson.

Nelson asks, "Did you describe Mr. Floyd as a small slim man?"

Hansen replies, "With three grown men on top of somebody it appeared he was small and frail."

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377009678257942530?s=21

Last edited:
Whoa! He was very rude to her, then she snapped back and the judge sure did not like that!
I feel like that goes with the theme of the police not letting her in to do an assessment and help. If she were a man they most likely would have let her in. JMO. Most men do not like being told what to do by a woman. JMO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe