MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Protests continued into Wednesday night in south Minneapolis, where Chopper 5 captured video of apparent looting at a nearby Target and other area businesses. Fires have sprung up around the area as well.

Gov. Tim Walz tweeted late Wednesday night, calling the situation near Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue an "extremely dangerous situation."”

UPDATE: National Guard support requested by city to combat riots in South Minneapolis

My son teaches martial arts. They learn very early this move will kill someone done improperly, so it's not allowed at all. I cannot believe this is a move approved in LE training. This needs to be banned.

I am horrified from start to finish. 4 untrained men would have done better. Wow. Smdh

My son teaches martial arts. They learn very early this move will kill someone done improperly, so it's not allowed at all. I cannot believe this is a move approved in LE training. This needs to be banned.
I am horrified from start to finish. 4 untrained men would have done better. Wow. Smdh

I think it was also used by the 3 off duty police officers that killed Ethan Saylor in Maryland.
He had Down Syndrome and they were removing him from a movie theater. They were also working as mall security.
They weren’t indicted.

The death of George Floyd is a horrific and horrible thing and those officers must be charged in this case. However, I am sickened and disgusted with the horror of another kind: opportunists who use his death to bring destruction to a city -- there are ways of protesting. Looting and burning down cars and buildings is not an appropriate way to deal with the death of a good man who should still be with u on this earth. In these situations all i see are thugs looking for an opportunity to express their discontent. we have seen it before. As an aside, the virus is still with us and these idiots are congregating together, no masks-- some of them will die from the virus. idiots.

He'll probably get away with it. They mostly do.

No way is he going to get away with killing George.

Imo, both the local DA will bring murder charges, and the federal DOJ will also file charges against this hideous excop for violating his civil rights.

I've followed this case since it happened, and I haven't seen nor heard anyone who isn't highly upset about the murder of George.

Every single police officer I've seen on the news are horrified by what was done to George, and wholeheartedly agree the excop needs to be arrested, and charged with murder.

They have said in tandem this was totally against protocal. Once there isn't a threat it's over! Period! The LE officers I've seen in the press for days now are all outraged.

Like often happens when a few cops go rogue all police officers are blamed with one wide brush as being the same when most ARE NOT. No officer should ever put their knee on the neck of anyone no matter who they are.

And like one seasoned officer I saw speak out this morning on Fox said the excop had his full weight on George's neck because he could see in the video his right leg was moving which means he had no weight on that leg, and all of his weight was on his left leg he used on George's neck.

Fox has covered this heartbreaking case extensively. They have had numerous highly seasoned police officers on, and All are outraged.

Imo, the excop should be charged with first degree murder. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know constricting the neck for 6 minutes will cause death when oxygen cant flow to the brain.

I think everyone no matter their race is horrified, and profoundly affected when they see this happen to anyone, and wants justice for the victims.

I haven't found one person in my own personal life or who has spoken out to the press, no matter their race . who doesn't think this was flat out murder. They are all as horrified, and angry
as I am, and believe he should be arrested for murder.

And, imo, he will be. The sooner the better for it's heartbreaking also to see the violent protesters destroying, and looting their own neighborhood/businesses when so many of them need jobs more than ever now because of the pandemic.

Imo, it puts totally innocent citizens, and business owners in grave danger through no fault of their own. Imo, two wrongs doesn't make a right.

However I do believe they should continue to peacefully protest until arrests are made.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
Year after year, unarmed black people get murdered in Minneapolis without charges brought against the "authorities" which means their actions can be seen as "authorized" in a certain light- its a pretty heinous picture.
This was all preventable if we had an emphasis on ethics in people in power. What people did to Lake Street last night is totally cringe worthy, but just a drop in the bucket compared to what communities have to deal with on a daily basis.
I do not condone violence, looting, or destruction, but that was the real and raw reaction, not the precursor and needs to be put in perspective.
All eyes are on us right now and that was the point.
JUSTICE NOW

ETA:
protests scheduled for downtown tonight, sincerely hope charges come before this.

No way is he going to get away with killing George.

Imo, both the local DA will bring murder charges, and the federal DOJ will also file charges against this hideous excop for violating his civil rights.

I've followed this case since it happened, and I haven't seen nor heard anyone who isn't highly upset about the murder of George.

Every single police officer I've seen on the news are horrified by what was done to George, and wholeheartedly agree the excop needs to be arrested, and charged with murder.

They have said in tandem this was totally against protocal. Once there isn't a threat it's over! Period! The LE officers I've seen in the press for days now are all outraged.

Like often happens when a few cops go rogue all police officers are blamed with one wide brush as being the same when most ARE NOT. No officer should ever put their knee on the neck of anyone no matter who they are.

And like one seasoned officer I saw speak out this morning on Fox said the excop had his full weight on George's neck because he could see in the video his right leg was moving which means he had no weight on that leg, and all of his weight was on his left leg he used on George's neck.

Fox has covered this heartbreaking case extensively. They have had numerous highly seasoned police officers on, and All are outraged.

Imo, the excop should be charged with first degree murder. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to know constricting the neck for 6 minutes will cause death when oxygen cant flow to the brain.

I think everyone no matter their race is horrified, and profoundly affected when they see this happen to anyone, and wants justice for the victims.

I haven't found one person in my own personal life or who has spoken out to the press, no matter their race . who doesn't think this was flat out murder. They are all as horrified, and angry
as I am, and believe he should be arrested for murder.

And, imo, he will be. The sooner the better for it's heartbreaking also to see the violent protesters destroying, and looting their own neighborhood/businesses when so many of them need jobs more than ever now because of the pandemic.

Imo, it puts totally innocent citizens, and business owners in grave danger through no fault of their own. Imo, two wrongs doesn't make a right.

However I do believe they should continue to peacefully protest until arrests are made.

Jmhoo

Wholeheartedly agree with every point! Like × 1 million!! My heart hurts for the suffering Mr. Floyd endured, and now for that that his friends and family will endure without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth