MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fire Chief sounds quite frustrated as he speaks about asking for status updates every 1/2 hour.

He said he was told that the National Guard will help establish perimeters for the fire trucks to get close to get their fire hoses towards the fire. But he still hasn't been advised when this will happen.

His interview was about 2 hours ago:

Minneapolis Fire Chief John Freutel Gives A Status Update

Unfortunately, nothing else has worked. It is a catch-22. I am appalled by the violence and the carnage. That said, people have been asking, then demanding, then pleading and then screaming for change for a long time. There is a need for all of us to help out and demand change. Nay, not just demand but refuse to sit down and be quiet until it happens. Mr. Floyd's killing is streamed in technicolor and it is still hard to get charges. We need outrage across all races, genders, and economic levels or we will see more carnage, unfortunately.

I also believe that not all protesters are rioters AND not all rioters are protesters. I think there are agitators and ne'er do wells who are taking advantage as well.
Rioting hasn't worked either. And it won't prompt demands for change across all races, genders and economic classes, it will prompt businesses and the middle classes to move out of the area making the problems worse than they are already.

City warns burning Minneapolis police precinct could explode

third-precinct-on-fire.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - The City of Minneapolis is calling on rioters to move away from the 3rd Precinct due to the threat of an explosion.

In a tweet, the city says there are unconfirmed reports that gas lines have been cut and say there are other explosives in the building.

They are urging people to move away from the building. In a tweet, Mayor Jacob Frey said the fire department is working to respond to the fires that have been set. However, he added, "We all need to work together to ensure the safety of our friends, family, and Minneapolis residents. And right now working together means clearing the area."

In an appearance on CNN, Minneapolis Fire Chief John Fruetel appeared unaware that the 3rd Precinct was on fire or rioters had gained entry to it until anchor Don Lemon told him live on the air.......

Firefighters have had "projectiles" thrown at them at other fires, Fruetel said. He said the windows of his chief's car have been blown out by rocks and other objects.

Earlier in the evening, flames could be seen shooting from the corner of the police station along Lake Street with a large crowd surrounded the building as protests once again turned violent on Thursday.

Police say members of the crowd have forced their way into the building and set a fire. The department says officers were able to safely evacuate the building.

https://www.fox9.com/news/city-warns...6_Q-hHSl4zbK7w

Mayor Frey speaking live right now:

Reporter asking what is the plan, where are the police, who's in charge?

Protesters Take Minneapolis Police 3rd Precinct Building During 3rd Night Of George Floyd Protests; Trump Blasts Mayor

ETA:
Here is the press conference from the beginning (CBS):
The reporters are asking where are the police?

I think many had to retreat.

They obviously cannot fight using lethal rounds at this time.

The 3rd precinct was breached, and they had to evacuate, and allow it to be set on fire.

The reporters are asking where are the police?

I think many had to retreat.

They obviously cannot fight using lethal rounds at this time.

The 3rd precinct was breached, and they had to evacuate, and allow it to be set on fire.

Mayor Frey answered the reporter by stating that he gave the order for the precinct to be evacuated because their safety is more important than a building - bricks and mortar.

Last edited:
This country's creation was because people who were tired fought and rioted against the establishment. This is the history of our country.

People are tired and are fighting against the racist establishment that has been holding them back for 400 years.

Why is one celebrated but the other condemned? What's the difference...

Never forget that America was originally colonized into the 13 colonies off the corpses of Native Americans. This violent oppression of POC started in 1492. Why are the roots of POC suppression ignored?

Never forget that America was originally colonized into the 13 colonies off the corpses of Native Americans. This violent oppression of POC started in 1492. Why are the roots of POC suppression ignored?

Because most white Americans don't see it that way. They see the immediate effects of it in the present. It's an old but effective playbook, protests lead to riots lead to looting. After that line has been crossed, most Americans become very law and order.

The looting is so self-destructive.

MSNBC @MSNBC
Andrea Jenkins, vice president of Minneapolis City Council, says George Floyd and Officer Chauvin worked at restaurant near Third Precinct. "They were coworkers for a very long time."

Video within tweet says that they worked at the same place together for 17 years as bouncers.

MSNBC on Twitter
MSNBC on Twitter

Julio Rosas

✔@Julio_Rosas

Replying to @Julio_Rosas11
I've covered many protests/riots in my short time working in the media and I can say none of them (Charlottesville, D.C., Portland) comes close to what I'm seeing in Minneapolis right now

The 3rd precinct building is now on fire. Rioters are celebrating and posing for pictures in front of the flames.

8:39 PM - May 28, 2020
It is so wrong to put firefighters in danger. They had nothing to do with this. How is setting buildings on fire going to help?

I’m so shocked and saddened to see the fires and riots. I could understand if George’s MURDER was being swept under the carpet but it seems to be being taken very seriously.

I can see charges being filed soon, as they should be. Chauvin showed complete disregard for human life, there was no need for so much force, and to continue kneeling on George’s neck as he begged for his life whilst being asphyxiated was cold blooded murder.

Botham Jean was bad enough, Guyger got a light sentence imo for what I believe was another act of murder by a police officer. But this time something needs to change. He needs a first degree murder charge for the pure brutality. This wasn’t a split second shooting, this was 8 minutes of George struggling for his life, begging for his mother and stating that he couldn’t breathe. He was murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc