MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until they show us otherwise, the footprint is planted imo.

I don't know who "they" would be. There was already a previous post about how difficult it is to plant a footprint because of pressure in the correct areas. Certainly LE and FBI would be aware if the footprint was planted; those organizations have not suggested this.

I don't know who "they" would be. There was already a previous post about how difficult it is to plant a footprint because of pressure in the correct areas. Certainly LE and FBI would be aware if the footprint was planted; those organizations have not suggested this.

Have they answered that question for you? Maybe i am one up on the FBI and LE, ever think of that? They were wrong for 15 years.

Have they answered that question for you?

I'm satisfied the footprint was not planted, knowing holding a shoe in your hand to make a print would not leave the same pressure as someone wearing a shoe.

Hope your rainstorm is over Sasquatch. We got it hard in the metro.

How many folks reading this have been on a jury? Most, I'll bet. In a courtroom, the D. A. is a highly respected, articulate, highly credible figure. The D.A. will project a strong passionate belief; a certainty, that the defendant is guilty. Yet every juror knows, or should know, that the opinion of the D.A. counts for NOTHING. The only thing that counts is the evidence the D.A. presents. True, we are not the jury. This forum can not condemn a man to prison but it can undermine a man's standing in the community.

The only evidence of DR's guilt that anyone has offered is the "fact" that Law Enforcement has named him a POI and obtained some search warrants. The rest of the discourse from the many on this forum who are convinced of DR's guilt is to try undermine the rather compelling exculpatory evidence, which includes: the fact that JW's footprints end next to unknown tire tracks on the Driveway, the very similar crime in Jayneville that DR can effectively be ruled out and DR's lack of any history of inappropriate behavior towards or interest in, young boys, and of rash or impulsive criminal acts.

It is SOP for law enforcement to play a poker game with a suspect, particularly a suspect with no experience with the "system". You pretend you've got 4 Aces and hope the suspect will just fold and give a full confession. It didn't work in case. Either DR was just too diabolically cleaver or he was, in fact innocent.

At this point, the game playing should be over. If there is significant evidence that a member of the community who works daily with children is really a child killer even if this evidence isn't strong enough to prosecute, it is time to let the public know. If scrutiny has fallen on someone who no longer actively being investigated, there are ways to express this without absolutely clearing the person. It is done all the time.

There is no substantive reason most evidence in an investigation should not be disclosed. Sure, they need some "hold back" information to validate confessions and witness statements and some evidence is subject to tampering or manipulation if the suspect were aware of it, but the real reason most information in an investigation is withheld is to conceal what is know and what is not know; generally to create the illusions that they are further along than they really are. In the initial stages of an investigation, this tactic might put pressure on the perp and perhaps witnesses. Later in the investigation, the tactic is primarily used to prevent unfavorable media scrutiny.

What I am saying is that if Sheriff Sanner has evidence that DR is involved, it is time he let the public know. If he fears that the local media will take him to task if certain details of the investigation come to light, well he should let the public know as well, but he probably will do all he can to cover it up.

Many of the folks in this forum are local to St Joseph (I am not). What is needed now is a lot less bickering over details derived through conjecture and speculation and more serious pressure on Sheriff Sanner to make details of the investigation available to the public.

How many folks reading this have been on a jury? Most, I'll bet. In a courtroom, the D. A. is a highly respected, articulate, highly credible figure. The D.A. will project a strong passionate belief; a certainty, that the defendant is guilty. Yet every juror knows, or should know, that the opinion of the D.A. counts for NOTHING. The only thing that counts is the evidence the D.A. presents. True, we are not the jury. This forum can not condemn a man to prison but it can undermine a man's standing in the community.

The only evidence of DR's guilt that anyone has offered is the "fact" that Law Enforcement has named him a POI and obtained some search warrants. The rest of the discourse from the many on this forum who are convinced of DR's guilt is to try undermine the rather compelling exculpatory evidence, which includes: the fact that JW's footprints end next to unknown tire tracks on the Driveway, the very similar crime in Jayneville that DR can effectively be ruled out and DR's lack of any history of inappropriate behavior towards or interest in, young boys, and of rash or impulsive criminal acts.

It is SOP for law enforcement to play a poker game with a suspect, particularly a suspect with no experience with the "system". You pretend you've got 4 Aces and hope the suspect will just fold and give a full confession. It didn't work in case. Either DR was just too diabolically cleaver or he was, in fact innocent.

At this point, the game playing should be over. If there is significant evidence that a member of the community who works daily with children is really a child killer even if this evidence isn't strong enough to prosecute, it is time to let the public know. If scrutiny has fallen on someone who no longer actively being investigated, there are ways to express this without absolutely clearing the person. It is done all the time.

There is no substantive reason most evidence in an investigation should not be disclosed. Sure, they need some "hold back" information to validate confessions and witness statements and some evidence is subject to tampering or manipulation if the suspect were aware of it, but the real reason most information in an investigation is withheld is to conceal what is know and what is not know; generally to create the illusions that they are further along than they really are. In the initial stages of an investigation, this tactic might put pressure on the perp and perhaps witnesses. Later in the investigation, the tactic is primarily used to prevent unfavorable media scrutiny.

What I am saying is that if Sheriff Sanner has evidence that DR is involved, it is time he let the public know. If he fears that the local media will take him to task if certain details of the investigation come to light, well he should let the public know as well, but he probably will do all he can to cover it up.

Many of the folks in this forum are local to St Joseph (I am not). What is needed now is a lot less bickering over details derived through conjecture and speculation and more serious pressure on Sheriff Sanner to make details of the investigation available to the public.

For DR's sake and our sake as well, please tell us why he is a person of interest.

Maybe he thought it was odd about not searching the band room because that was his classroom at the school, and a place where he spends most of his time. It'd be like if a chemistry teacher was under suspicion and they never bothered to search the chem lab.

If I had nothing to do with it, I would not think it is odd that they did not search my classroom. it would not have crossed my mind that LE would have any interest in me.

Now I know that LE looks at everything, but until Jacob happened, I knew nothing about sex crimes or kidnappings or what LE or the FBI does.

The fact that DR was wondering looks strange to me now

For DR's sake and our sake as well, please tell us why he is a person of interest.

If any of you have followed other cases on here, you know the amount of information LE has on a suspect is astounding. I think of Josh Powell. Wow. Did they have the info. Too bad they did not arrest him, but I guess they were hoping he would lead them to Susan's body,

Another super interesting thing to me was the case of Alanna Gallagher. Even though there was so much internet chatter, people who had information did not broadcast it. The killer was the neighbor.

LE for some reason was able to search DR's computer, That is interesting, They would have to have a judge allow that, I wonder why a judge allowed it?

DR has not been known to the public as a POI until he was identified as one, Before then, who ever even heard of him?

Another example is Jerry Sandusky. He operated for years and people even covered for him. He still has his supporters , now.

If any of you have followed other cases on here, you know the amount of information LE has on a suspect is astounding. I think of Josh Powell. Wow. Did they have the info. Too bad they did not arrest him, but I guess they were hoping he would lead them to Susan's body,

Another super interesting thing to me was the case of Alanna Gallagher. Even though there was so much internet chatter, people who had information did not broadcast it. The killer was the neighbor.

LE for some reason was able to search DR's computer, That is interesting, They would have to have a judge allow that, I wonder why a judge allowed it?

DR has not been known to the public as a POI until he was identified as one, Before then, who ever even heard of him?

Noone and this is why I'm here, this is why i had to see the site in April.

Sasquatch says:

I haven't the faintest idea. Perhaps Sheriff Sanner might explain.

For those who think DR has been identified unfairly, why do you think LE chose an upstanding citizen with upstanding relatives who also has access to money, instead of people who would be far more easliy accepted as perpetrators of this crime?

Do people really believe that he is being picked on?

Why not pick on the weaklings? The ones who have unsavory pasts? There are plenty of those as well as plenty we do not know about.

i do not have the documentation for this fact, but there were 7000 sex offenders in MN at the time of Jacob. Surely one of them could be the focus and make LE look like they were doing their job.

Why pick this citizen who comes from a very distinguished family ?

If LE wanted to railroad someone, they could pick an unsavory character who died and blame him.

Because I have a life and don't check or updates hourly.

I know, I just re-watched that interview that was done on his property. But he did mention the small car that came through during the time of the abduction with a small person in the passenger seat somewhere....where was that?

And I don't understand others here don't see that action or non-action as a huge red flag. FindTim, why haven't you explained how this makes sense to you?

This is perhaps the simplest question about this case to answer. Because they have no one else. How many cases could I post that someone was wrongly convicted either in court, or in the public eye?!?!

Any and all evidence that has been gathered from the Rassier property needs to be disclosed. At this point there absolutely no reason why LE can't explain what's being tested, or awaiting technological advancements to be tested. What are they going to do, scare Dan into hiding additional things? He's had 25 years to do that if he was guilty.

IMO the reason LE has noted DR a POI is because of his personality. He's always been a recluse and that makes him a suspect. Couple that with the fact that his residence is the nearest location to the crime scene and it's easy to point the finger at him.

Let's consider the fact that if he abducted Jacob, and had been casing him for years, how would he not know that they could be coming over that hill any second? That and the most glaringly obvious reason is that anyone with a single brain cell working wouldn't abduct someone at the end of their own driveway.

For those of you pinning this on DR, find me a single case in the history of abductions where someone abducted a child at the end of their own driveway?!? If you can I'll buy you a steak dinner.

For those who think DR has been identified unfairly, why do you think LE chose an upstanding citizen with upstanding relatives who also has access to money, instead of people who would be far more easliy accepted as perpetrators of this crime?

Do people really believe that he is being picked on?

Why not pick on the weaklings? The ones who have unsavory pasts? There are plenty of those as well as plenty we do not know about.

i do not have the documentation for this fact, but there were 7000 sex offenders in MN at the time of Jacob. Surely one of them could be the focus and make LE look like they were doing their job.

Why pick this citizen who comes from a very distinguished family ?

If LE wanted to railroad someone, they could pick an unsavory character who died and blame him.

I've reached out to candidate Tim Kantos and am encouraged with our exchange. It's time to, and excuse my French, S**t or get off the pot with DR. It's time to stop physically accosting his parents and dragging his name through the mud. Either release information on what your seeking from the possessions you took from DR or clear his name. Until Sheriff Sanner can accommodate that I'm voting Tim Kantos.

Where had LE released information on this series of incidents? I don't believe I've ever read where LE released this info. Kudos for Joy on her persistence on ALL potentially related cases to Jacob's abduction.

Without a doubt this is the biggest release of information I've come across in 5 years regarding this case. I'm in total belief that Jacob's abductor was profiling these children and mistakenly stopped those three boys that night. We now have confirmed a small 4 door compact car at the Paynesville/CS/SJ abduction sites. For those who dismissed DR on the small compact, how do you dismiss the fact that two boy similar in age to Jacob reported the same thing DR reported immediately after Jacob's abduction? You can't.

"Here’s his story. One night, he and his 12 year old friend were coming home from the Tom Thumb, maybe around midnight. They were on Baker Street and were taking a left onto 91st Avenue, when a car came from behind them and suddenly started coming faster and faster. As they got closer to the 12 year old’s house, they cut through the ditch, across his front yard, and into the open garage as fast as they could. The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway, and flashed its bright lights on the two boys. The car stayed like that for about two minutes before the boys finally ran into the house.

A couple weeks later, the boys got brave and decided to head to the Tom Thumb once again. It was late, and this time, they noticed a car going from mailbox to mailbox… very slowly… like he was getting information from each residence.

The boys remembered the car looking similar to a Pontiac 6000, but they disagreed on the color… one said blue, the other said red. For this reason, they felt like maybe they weren’t believed when they told their story to the police just few days after Jacob was abducted. "

What sheriff or FBI agent gives out information to the public as to why a person is a POI? It would seem strange if they would do so, and I doubt they are going to share anything. If DR is innocent and information turns out to be false, LE would face millions in a lawsuit. Why would they open themselves up to something like this?

Does PW know? (It would seem she should know before we do.)

Does DR know why he is a POI? Has he even been told - completely.

And, if LE should give out info, you can bet it would be VERY vague such as something unidentified found in the soil or an unidentified blood stain somewhere. This would be nothing of value to sleuthing.

This is perhaps the simplest question about this case to answer. Because they have no one else. How many cases could I post that someone was wrongly convicted either in court, or in the public eye?!?!

Any and all evidence that has been gathered from the Rassier property needs to be disclosed. At this point there absolutely no reason why LE can't explain what's being tested, or awaiting technological advancements to be tested. What are they going to do, scare Dan into hiding additional things? He's had 25 years to do that if he was guilty.

IMO the reason LE has noted DR a POI is because of his personality. He's always been a recluse and that makes him a suspect. Couple that with the fact that his residence is the nearest location to the crime scene and it's easy to point the finger at him.

Let's consider the fact that if he abducted Jacob, and had been casing him for years, how would he not know that they could be coming over that hill any second? That and the most glaringly obvious reason is that anyone with a single brain cell working wouldn't abduct someone at the end of their own driveway.

For those of you pinning this on DR, find me a single case in the history of abductions where someone abducted a child at the end of their own driveway?!? If you can I'll buy you a steak dinner.

Don't know about at the end of the driveway, but next door, across the street, in front of the child's family(the man was a family friend), a teacher who was followed but still killed the child.

Maybe others can add to the craziness of it all

Where had LE released information on this series of incidents? I don't believe I've ever read where LE released this info. Kudos for Joy on her persistence on ALL potentially related cases to Jacob's abduction.

Without a doubt this is the biggest release of information I've come across in 5 years regarding this case. I'm in total belief that Jacob's abductor was profiling these children and mistakenly stopped those three boys that night. We now have confirmed a small 4 door compact car at the Paynesville/CS/SJ abduction sites. For those who dismissed DR on the small compact, how do you dismiss the fact that two boy similar in age to Jacob reported the same thing DR reported immediately after Jacob's abduction? You can't.

"Here’s his story. One night, he and his 12 year old friend were coming home from the Tom Thumb, maybe around midnight. They were on Baker Street and were taking a left onto 91st Avenue, when a car came from behind them and suddenly started coming faster and faster. As they got closer to the 12 year old’s house, they cut through the ditch, across his front yard, and into the open garage as fast as they could. The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway, and flashed its bright lights on the two boys. The car stayed like that for about two minutes before the boys finally ran into the house.

A couple weeks later, the boys got brave and decided to head to the Tom Thumb once again. It was late, and this time, they noticed a car going from mailbox to mailbox… very slowly… like he was getting information from each residence.

The boys remembered the car looking similar to a Pontiac 6000, but they disagreed on the color… one said blue, the other said red. For this reason, they felt like maybe they weren’t believed when they told their story to the police just few days after Jacob was abducted. "

I must be bizarro parent of the year, but it would have been a cold day you know where that I would have allowed a 12 year old to wander around at midnight. Who does that?

And what kind of info do you get from mailboxes at night? It is hard enough to read them in the daytime.

(Snipped by me for brevity)

Seriously? There's been many cases. I don't recall all the names, I'm sure some of the sleuths on here will; but...

1. Sandra Cantu, the little girl in the trailer court in Tracy, CA who was abducted, raped, murdered, and stuffed in a suitcase by Melissa Huckaby. Before her arrest, Huckaby lived at the same mobile home park as Cantu, and she is the mother of a 5-year-old daughter, who was Sandra's best friend. Sandra was last seen on surveillance camera skipping home and then stopping and walking toward Melissa's home. (So Melissa grabbed her in front of her own home.) As far as reputation, Huckaby worked as a Sunday school teacher for five children, in the church where her grandfather served as a minister. She raped and killed sandra in that church (or under it).
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/meli...er-year-girl-sentenced-life/story?id=10910285

2. Alanna Gallagher: Tyler Holder, 17, sexually assaulted his 6 year old neighbor Alanna Gallagher before suffocating her with plastic bags. He grabbed her from his own driveway. She was a friendly child and often wandered around the neighborhood.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...y-details-6-year-old-murder-article-1.1407704

Those are just two I can think of quickly, I know there are many more. No steak dinner required, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member