MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't matter what you would do or think as a parent. The fact remains these incidents did occur and happened just prior to Jacob's abduction. Why hasn't this been talked about on the board? These boys reported this to their parents who reported it to LE, yet I never heard about this.

And you know what, it doesn't matter WHAT TIME after dark you let you're kids go a mile down a road, it's still wrong. You might as well throw the Wetterling parents under the bus because it really doesn't matter if it's midnight or 9:15, it's near pitch out in late October.

It probably hasn't been talked about because LE did not believe these boys at the time. A car flashed lights at them. They were not assaulted or injured in any way. IF it happened and was not a figment of over-active imaginations, it isn't like Jacob's case. If only Jacob, Aaron and Trevor had been so lucky to just have someone flash lights at them!

Again, these aren't apples to apples cases. Couey wasn't a longstanding member of the community nor a permanent resident.

Holder had a long history of trouble, something Rassier has never been associated with. And I can't find where the assault and murder took place.

Huckaby took her victim to another place to commit those atrocities.

Either way, these cases differ from the events that took place at the end of DR's driveway.

And the Paynesville cases from 1987 where some guy chased kids aren't "aren't apples to apples cases" either. What's your point? You wanted to know if anyone had ever abducted a child from their own driveway and you were given examples. Too late to change what you wanted us to find now.

Who goes waaaaaaay up a driveway of a house with a dog and steals wood?

findTim can google or look on here and see what DR said about the wood pile.

College kids who party in the nearby woods, that's who. We used to get the cops called on us for toilet papering. People live paranoid, perhaps DR did as well.

Who goes waaaaaaay up a driveway of a house with a dog and steals wood?

findTim can google or look on here and see what DR said about the wood pile.

You're sure that's what happened? Do you think LE located the car that had targeted these kids not once, but twice? I have zero confidence that LE was capable of of ANY evidence collecting due in part to how they didn't even knock on DR's door the night of the abduction. What evidence do you have to point to these kids having over-active imaginations?

Do you have documentation that LE did not knock on DR's door that night?

Are you saying DR did NOT tell the officers at the woodpile that a strange car with headlights close together came through 2 hours prior? Are you saying that DR had immediate knowledge of a strange vehicle tearing around his driveway with what appeared to be a small child or woman in the passenger seat and he did not tell the cops who were looking for the child who was abducted from his driveway? Why didn't DR tell the officers at the woodpile this information?

WHY WOULD HE OFFER TO INVESTIGATE HIS OWN PROPERTY WHEN HE SAW A STRANGE VEHICLE WITH HEADLIGHTS CLOSE TOGETHER WITH A POSSIBLE CHILD IN PASSENGER SEAT DRIVE UP HIS DRIVEWAY AT THE APPROXIMATE TIME OF THE ABDUCTION?

Exactly when and where did DR tell cops this info?

I would be screaming that info to the cops at the tops of my lungs as it would obviously be an important piece of information.

Also, DR certainly couldn't admit he saw Kevin's car, they would have hunted Kevin down right away and figured out that Kevin and GF were just checking out the police activity and would be immediately eliminated. DR HAD to place an additional car at the scene but exactly when did he tell the police?

Bingo! This is most likely what happened, IMO. But, what would his story have been had Kevin never come along??

Where is this photo from? It looks a little off to me, the hill looks more steep to me than it is in reality. Just MO.

Right click on the picture, then click on properties to see where its linked from.

You're sure that's what happened? Do you think LE located the car that had targeted these kids not once, but twice? I have zero confidence that LE was capable of of ANY evidence collecting due in part to how they didn't even knock on DR's door the night of the abduction. What evidence do you have to point to these kids having over-active imaginations?

FindTim, do you have documentation that the Tom Thumb was open at midnight?

Yes, a witness. Dan Rassier.

You can go on believing he's guilty, or at least a part of the abduction. I on the other hand believe he is an upstanding citizen and a possible witness that lends pertinent information. In fact, LE has not discredited any information that he has provided.

Do you have documentation that LE did not knock on DR's door that night?

I have been accused on here of taking this picture myself and also photoshopping it to make the hill look steeper then it is. So I thought I would actually take some time to edit it and give it a 9 p.m. effect. (it would still be alot darker than this, but it's somewhat close)

bilde.jpg

Ask Shergal. She's the longtime St. Joseph resident.

I don't believe sher has said anything about the Tom Thumb.

Do you have any info on how to find out if Tom Thumb was open?

I have been accused on here of taking this picture myself and also photoshopping it to make the hill look steeper then it is. So I thought I would actually take some time to edit it and give it a 9 p.m. effect. (it would still be alot darker than this, but it's somewhat close)

<modsnip>

I doubt you would have taken it yourself since it appears to be from the 2010 search at DR's property. ;-) I had never seen this picture before either though. IMO, everyone was just curious were it came from. I think the hill just looks steeper because it is taken from an odd angle. Maybe the reporter was standing on a truck or something?

"Sheriff Sanner is the point man in the 21-year investigation into one of Minnesota's most mysterious crimes."

http://www.startribune.com/local/103212339.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

From that same link, it's encouraging that Patty Wetterling is so positive about Sheriff Sanner: "He's been on the journey with us and I think that matters," Patty Wetterling said. "He sets a tone of commitment and respect when you walk in there. He's warm, too. When you sit and talk to him, he's got a lot of passion. You feel that. ... He's got a depth of character that goes a long way."

Bingo! This is most likely what happened, IMO. But, what would his story have been had Kevin never come along??

He would still use the afternoon car, the tan monte carlo, which he was certain is jacobs kidnapper.

Yes, a witness. Dan Rassier.

You can go on believing he's guilty, or at least a part of the abduction. I on the other hand believe he is an upstanding citizen and a possible witness that lends pertinent information. In fact, LE has not discredited any information that he has provided.

Ok, so let's go with Dan's own words that he has repeated in each interview. He told 911 operator there were people with flashlights by his woodpile and thought they may be stealing. He was then told about the abduction at the end of the driveway. He hung up and went out to speak to cops who told him the same thing. He told cops he would go search his own outbuildings.

He did not once mention the small dark car with it's small passenger that came through the driveway at almost EXACTLY the time of the abduction OR the tan Monte Carlo that tore through in the afternoon that he has said 'find that car and you have your kidnapper.' He didn't mention any cars coming through, why? Why did he not give cops key evidence, FindTim? These are the words he uses in EVERY interview and never mentioned these other cars in the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton