MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you be so sure of this? He was taken out of his class the next day and interviewed. Are you sure he didn't disclose info about the two cars? We've never fully heard what the extent of the 911 call or the discussion at the woodpile with LE disclosed.

Ok, so let's go with Dan's own words that he has repeated in each interview. He told 911 operator there were people with flashlights by his woodpile and thought they may be stealing. He was then told about the abduction at the end of the driveway. He hung up and went out to speak to cops who told him the same thing. He told cops he would go search his own outbuildings.

He did not once mention the small dark car with it's small passenger that came through the driveway at almost EXACTLY the time of the abduction OR the tan Monte Carlo that tore through in the afternoon that he has said 'find that car and you have your kidnapper.' He didn't mention any cars coming through, why? Why did he not give cops key evidence, FindTim? These are the words he uses in EVERY interview and never mentioned these other cars in the driveway.

This article is 4 years old. Are we 100% sure Patty still harbors the same sentiment about Sheriff Sanner? I would be curious as to see if she still supports him in this upcoming election.

From that same link, it's encouraging that Patty Wetterling is so positive about Sheriff Sanner: "He's been on the journey with us and I think that matters," Patty Wetterling said. "He sets a tone of commitment and respect when you walk in there. He's warm, too. When you sit and talk to him, he's got a lot of passion. You feel that. ... He's got a depth of character that goes a long way."

How can you be so sure of this? He was taken out of his class the next day and interviewed. Are you sure he didn't disclose info about the two cars? We've never fully heard what the extent of the 911 call or the discussion at the woodpile with LE disclosed.

From the comments section of this article-http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/for-1st-time-person-of-interest-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

Dan Rassier > JanetN • a year ago

"It is difficult responding to you because you have so much mixed up because either you believe everything or nothing. My 911 call was about the woodpile and at that point I didn't know about Jacob. That call was made at 11:23 PM the night Jacob was taken. The cars were discussed the next day person to person."

From the comments section of this article-http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/for-1st-time-person-of-interest-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

"It is difficult responding to you because you have so much mixed up because either you believe everything or nothing. My 911 call was about the woodpile and at that point I didn't know about Jacob. That call was made at 11:23 PM the night Jacob was taken. The cars were discussed the next day person to person."

So at 11:23 DR is finally notified of the abduction that happened 2 hours ago. He does not mention the cars at this point, instead he helps search his outbuildings. After that he goes back inside and falls asleep with a helicopter hovering until 3 am. He then wakes up the next morning, walks through the police tape, and heads to school. I am assuming he talked about the cars later that evening after returning from work?

I would guess he talked about them when he was pulled out of school. And by his account he mentioned 2 cars to LE.

My question is why did LE fail to assist him in checking his property? They set the precedence for him becoming a POI with their ineptness that evening. And yes, I'm stating that LE was inept for not checking the property closest to an abduction, along with failing to interview the person in closest proximity as well.

So at 11:23 DR is finally notified of the abduction that happened 2 hours ago. He does not mention the cars at this point, instead he helps search his outbuildings. After that he goes back inside and falls asleep with a helicopter hovering until 3 am. He then wakes up the next morning, walks through the police tape, and heads to school. I am assuming he talked about the cars later that evening after returning from work?

I would guess he talked about them when he was pulled out of school. And by his account he mentioned 2 cars to LE.

My question is why did LE fail to assist him in checking his property? They set the precedence for him becoming a POI with their ineptness that evening. And yes, I'm stating that LE was inept for not checking the property closest to an abduction, along with failing to interview the person in closest proximity as well.

What if he didn't tell them when we was pulled out of school? Did DR really wait until the following day and next evening to mention anything about cars?

I get chastised for using Joy's blog as a source of information. It would be hypocritical for those same people not to call you out on sourcing a comments section in a news article.

I get chastised for using Joy's blog as a source of information. It would be hypocritical for those same people not to call you out on sourcing a comments section in a news article.

Chastise me all you want, I'm here to find out what happened to Jacob.

You answered your own question here with posting about the call being about the woodpile.

Even if DR finally mentioned the cars when he was pulled from school, isn't that a bit late in itself? Should he have told the officer about it when he walked up to talk them after the 911 call? Should he have told them when he walked through the police tape, should he have said "oh hey is this area being looked at because of a vehicle, because I saw one last night at about 9 15?"

I don't know. It appears LE barked at him for lifting the tape. I don't know what kind of exchange they had. It could easily have been, "get the hell off the driveway" in which DR may have perceived that they didn't want or care to know anything he had seen. If you've ever been screamed at by LE than you'll know that it's easy to forget about anything that may be on your mind and you just do what you're told IMMEDIATELY.

Ask yourself this, if the next day is too late than wasn't it too late for LE not to have had a thorough conversation with DR the night of the abduction? Why didn't LE rouse DR before he made his trek to the woodpile? Why didn't LE search his residence or the outbuildings on their own? They obviously seemed to care 6 days later when searched the property in full, which in itself is WAY too late.

Even if DR finally mentioned the cars when he was pulled from school, isn't that a bit late in itself? Should he have told the officer about it when he walked up to talk them after the 911 call? Should he have told them when he walked through the police tape, should he have said "oh hey is this area being looked at because of a vehicle, because I saw one last night at about 9 15?"

Hasn't he been quoted as saying that he believes whomever drove the afternoon car also drove the evening car?

He would still use the afternoon car, the tan monte carlo, which he was certain is jacobs kidnapper.

I don't know. It appears LE barked at him for lifting the tape. I don't know what kind of exchange they had. It could easily have been, "get the hell off the driveway" in which DR may have perceived that they didn't want or care to know anything he had seen. If you've ever been screamed at by LE than you'll know that it's easy to forget about anything that may be on your mind and you just do what you're told IMMEDIATELY.

Ask yourself this, if the next day is too late than wasn't it too late for LE not to have had a thorough conversation with DR the night of the abduction? Why didn't LE rouse DR before he made his trek to the woodpile? Why didn't LE search his residence or the outbuildings on their own? They obviously seemed to care 6 days later when searched the property in full, which in itself is WAY too late.

Why LE, because at this point im inclined to believe they have been lied to by its nearest witness.

Hasn't he been quoted as saying that he believes whomever drove the afternoon car also drove the evening car?

Yes, there are two stories Tim. One is that the afternoon car returned at night and did the abduction, the second story is that he saw a small dark blue car turn around in his driveway at about 9 15.

That's not my understanding. I was under the premise that the same individual drove two separate cars.

Yes, there are two stories Tim. One is that the afternoon car returned at night and did the abduction, the second story is that he saw a small dark blue car turn around in his driveway at about 9 15.

Why? Because he was DR of the wonderful respected R family.

I imagine when LE ,who had no preconceptions about the esteemed R family ,came on the scene, that LE saw the light and knew what had to be done.

DR admitted he went to sleep before telling 911, the officer on the driveway, and those who seached his outbuildings with him about the vehicle that turned around in his building site at 9 15. Why? Because it's a formulated lie.

The story of the cars coming down the driveway is so ludicrous it defies all sensibilities.

Two different cars going down a 1/4 mile driveway in the middle of nowhere. Yup. That makes sense.

During the day, the person was saying, "Gee, I hope some kids are out there. And instead of turning around where no one could possibly see me, I am going to go down that driveway where there is a farm, people, and a dog."

You can prove that the abductor knew that the driveway wasn't a road? It seems Kevin even made that mistake.

The story of the cars coming down the driveway is so ludicrous it defies all sensibilities.

Two different cars going down a 1/4 mile driveway in the middle of nowhere. Yup. That makes sense.

During the day, the person was saying, "Gee, I hope some kids are out there. And instead of turning around where no one could possibly see me, I am going to go down that driveway where there is a farm, people, and a dog."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton